Closed Thread

Reload Thread: hi there, new guy here with some questions

lillitnn92 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hi there, new guy here with some questions

Hi people. New to the site, trying to find out some info and the other place wasn't helping.

This past Labor Day someone decided they wanted my 6" powered bazooka more than me. Over the next 3 days following this, my chief engineer decided to be a stand up guy and just give me some old equipment he was no longer using. In all, I got a Profile A640XL amp, an Audiocontrol 2SX 2-way active x-over and 2 12" Cerwin-Vega Stealth S12's loaded in a hatch box. All for free! I found out enough on the subs and x-over, but I am trying to find more info on the amp. All I know right now through lots of searches is this...

Profile California A640XL.
    4 x 75W @ 4 ohms
    4 x 115W @ 2 ohms
    2 x 230W @ 4 ohms bridged

The amp has a sub x-over, but for the life of me I can't find at what the x-over point is. I should add, I've contacted Profile, but they don't want to respond it seems.

Also I have 92 ranger standard cab so I can only get one sub in there comfortably. The single 12” truck box at Crutchfield is quite big compared to my room behind passenger seat. The sub is supposed to be 1.0 cu. ft. sealed so how much lower can I go safely? I’ve done lots of searching and read lots of things. The one thing I know is you can go “too small” and "too big". The other thing is that using poly-fill can sort of trick the sub into thinking it’s in a bigger box. So for example if I went say .85 cu. ft. and filled it with poly-fill, would this work? If I can do this I’ll make the box myself and save some room while doing so.

So yeah, does anyone have more specs on my amp? And could someone fill me on the box size thing?
    Last edited by lillitnn92; 09-12-2007 at 12:26 AM.

Closed Thread