Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Reload Thread: went to a local audio shop today and saw....

mjf
    mjf is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: went to a local audio shop today and saw....

Quote Originally Posted by Wagonized View Post
    at the same time its pretty easy for people to hear a cheap 1500 watt amp puts out much much more power than rated and believe it. People want to believe theyre getting a smokin deal. Just doesnt make a lot of sense that the sundown guys would come on there saying the amp wont work in a single batt system and there had to be something wrong with the 16 volt bank the batt was tested on after that.

I suppose the "true test" will come when JordyO tests them. ALthough I can see something fishy going on with that already.
    because the tests that are being done on them in most cases aren't at what most people would run normal loads at.

they been tested at 1 ohm REACTIVE. in which cases yeah, you been a bank of batts to back that up in most cases, thats not a small amount of power, and they're basically beating the **** out of these amps by running them at such a low load and they're still coming out unscathed.

crunktimes.com is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

i like tater tots

Come get your crunk on! www.crunktimes.com/ct

andytb is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toasted1 View Post
    i like tater tots
    x2

refs bought from btnhfan; bigpetey; goindef154; joelowrider; delvryboy; rawdogj; Basic1906; kombos; peaks; SHawk; mazzasec
    sold to ridinhi; wheeler8921; fatryan; louisiana_CRX

BlackMaxima is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

something like that happemd to me couple of monthe ago,
    I went to local car audio shop just to see what they had for sell. and the guy was trying to sell me a TREO sub. I told him i dont want it couse i plan to get a SI Mag. and he goes " dont get that its a flee market sub, get a TREO, its louder" lol. i told the guy go F-yourself.

References: ME,

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYCORNUTS18 View Post
    the JL 500/1 is good and JL actually puts out like 185% so that would be good
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalohed View Post
    My mom is the ultimate SPL woofer.
    Cheapest too.
    Quote Originally Posted by dpom View Post
    i was wondering if this site was legit, im not sure if im allowed to post it or not so let me know if i can.
    (www.caraudio.com)

vvblazers777 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You should have went on, to getting into the RE Wattage, and etc. He would have started tripping. :p I remember a while back I was in a shop that only sold Kicker, Sony, Audiobauhn (can't spell it), and Rockford fosgate. I mentined something about RE and DD to them, and they had no idea what I was talking about.

vvblazers777 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMaxima View Post
    something like that happemd to me couple of monthe ago,
    I went to local car audio shop just to see what they had for sell. and the guy was trying to sell me a TREO sub. I told him i dont want it couse i plan to get a SI Mag. and he goes " dont get that its a flee market sub, get a TREO, its louder" lol. i told the guy go F-yourself.

Ummmm Treo has some very good subs.

mjf

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vvblazers777 View Post
    Ummmm Treo has some very good subs.

thats not what he was saying.

he was saying that the guy had no idea what SI was, and that immediately because he doesn't know it, it makes it crap, when SI is very far from that.

Quote Originally Posted by vvblazers777 View Post
    You should have went on, to getting into the RE Wattage, and etc. He would have started tripping. :p I remember a while back I was in a shop that only sold Kicker, Sony, Audiobauhn (can't spell it), and Rockford fosgate. I mentined something about RE and DD to them, and they had no idea what I was talking about.
    and thats happened to me several times, talking with kids whom i used to go to school with and thinks hes a pro because hes worked in car audio stores for a couple years.

kid doesnt know ****.

have my mojo q1, he asks how im going to wire it up.

well i have a few choices. 1 amp each coil @1, 2 amps @ .5/2, 1amp @1, 1 amp @ .25. etc....

THERE IS NO AMP THAT CAN BE RAN @ .25.

i just start rattling off brands that are more than capable.
    oh well ive never heard of them, but they probably cant run at .25.

Wagonized is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mjf View Post
    because the tests that are being done on them in most cases aren't at what most people would run normal loads at.

they been tested at 1 ohm REACTIVE. in which cases yeah, you been a bank of batts to back that up in most cases, thats not a small amount of power, and they're basically beating the **** out of these amps by running them at such a low load and they're still coming out unscathed.
    there are many many amps out there that will run at that low of a load.

mjf

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

there are many many amps out there that will run at that low of a load.

ORLY.

didnt know they existed.

cmon, it was specific to sundown, pay attention.

JordyO is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

at the same time its pretty easy for people to hear a cheap 1500 watt amp puts out much much more power than rated and believe it. People want to believe theyre getting a smokin deal. Just doesnt make a lot of sense that the sundown guys would come on there saying the amp wont work in a single batt system and there had to be something wrong with the 16 volt bank the batt was tested on after that.

I suppose the "true test" will come when JordyO tests them. ALthough I can see something fishy going on with that already.

Ok... so what is the something fishy you can see going on already?

Honestly, I know that I get painted with a negative brush just by being associated with CCA. I get that you guys hate Rick, and can see why. I'm just trying to do what I can to keep it a reasonable place and the way I see it is that by being a mod/admin is the best way. If I were just another regular user I wouldn't be able to do **** about it.

At the end of the day though, I couldn't care less about Sundown or making them look good. As I said on CCA, I'd never buy their equipment anyways so it serves me no purpose to lie about/for them.

I'm getting nothing out of the test other than a chance to play with new equipment. Which, to be honest, I'm a bit of a geek for. I love playing with new toys.

When I saw the thread and Jacob was talking about getting the amps out to someone else to test, I figured I'd give it a shot and see if I could help out (while getting to play)

If you guys don't believe my results, that's cool. You have every right. But I think it's a bit unfair to think I'm going to do anything to influence the results.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3