Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: went to a local audio shop today and saw....

phyphoestilic is offline Liquid Fire...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: went to a local audio shop today and saw....

Quote Originally Posted by Corey69 View Post
    Boo hoo, everyone is doing fine without sundown
    lol. I concur

Lexus LS400 Setup
    Eclipse CD7000 (Running Active)
    Image Dynamic OEM CX64s
    Image Dynamics NX30 Tweeters
    US Acoustic USF600 x2, USF800 x2 (Zed Audio )
    150ft+ of Rammat
    IDMax12 1.5cft. I need to cut for IB
    25 feet 1/0 Stinger Expert, 15 feet 4 Stinger Pro
    Stinger Dream Series, Knu Konceptz Krystal Series RCAs

Ref: (Bought From)Renegadesrun, IonSQL, CrazyJoker2, Alpine CDA-9815 , FI Car Audio, yournumber1dan , B_Campbell, jacobcopeland87, mike dressure x2, James_Bang, blue200sx
    (Traded w/) Iceteebone, sxkicker89
    (Sold To): James_Bang, timbo12, gsxrjjordan
    Ebay: PhyPhoestilic (100%)

Wagonized is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Punk0Rama View Post
    That has been known to happen, most definitely. A lot of shops are really bad for that up here in Canada and I know of a couple that have changed their tune on some brands recently. And yet, they continue to make the same assumptions about new companies.

Some people's children.
    if you're talking about the sundown amp that apparently doesnt work well on a single battery and doesnt work well on a large 16 volt battery bank and obviously has some sort of spaceage gain knob that acts as a volume adjustment...

then yea i agree with you its the best amp in the world. Lets all send money to rick at cca so we can be friends

newusername is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Actually, I wasn't talking about Sundown at all, but that fits the current mold.

I recall 4, maybe 5 years ago when Resonant Engineering was a garbage flea market joke of a brand. They "didn't engineer" anything and just picked parts out of a catalogue.

My, how opinions have changed. CCA has always been a joke for those types of situations.

Is it fun being a keyboard warrior running everywhere to complain about Sundown? I assure you, it's gotten you nothing but respect! I laughed when people said to go to SPL competitions because it's "fun"; that's odd, because I couldn't imagine having any fun around most of you guys judging by the way you post on the internet, which is really quite sad.

RipDaJacka is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I had the same experience here lately.. I went into a new shop and saw a 15in MX sitting upside down and asked if it was a XXX or MX and they magically said "you know of RE?" and i said yes I run two Re SX12's and they had an ****** in that very spot then they asked what i was powering with and I said a Memphis Mojo mc2000d.. and they said "its only 1100 watts rms at 1 ohms.. I disagreed then left...

What was the name of this Local shop u entered? seeing that we are both in TN

JLJunkieMX107 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Actually, I wasn't talking about Sundown at all, but that fits the current mold.

I recall 4, maybe 5 years ago when Resonant Engineering was a garbage flea market joke of a brand. They "didn't engineer" anything and just picked parts out of a catalogue.

My, how opinions have changed. CCA has always been a joke for those types of situations.

Is it fun being a keyboard warrior running everywhere to complain about Sundown? I assure you, it's gotten you nothing but respect! I laughed when people said to go to SPL competitions because it's "fun"; that's odd, because I couldn't imagine having any fun around most of you guys judging by the way you post on the internet, which is really quite sad.

Everything's better with a FREAK

IgnoreMe is offline I love 2 girls 1 cup

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagonized View Post
    if you're talking about the sundown amp that apparently doesnt work well on a single battery and doesnt work well on a large 16 volt battery bank and obviously has some sort of spaceage gain knob that acts as a volume adjustment...

then yea i agree with you its the best amp in the world. Lets all send money to rick at cca so we can be friends
    nice first post..........................

llllllllllllllll Educate yourself and help stop the ignorance.
    llllllllllllllll DEA Judge Francis L Young says...
    llllllllllllllll Designing a Ported Box

refs: hazardous0388, snoopdan, karleon, thelow, freezeman_7, imtjnotu, Gebrochen, astroladespl, billabongcr , mustbenu , thunder9500 , 91ser, djdilliodon (6 times), stupify, milenko515, Zeuslicious, Bmoorman05, WaTTsLOk187, too dope 1904, nate2587, rbiele126, denalilvr

Don't Blame Me. I Voted for Ron Paul.

BluePoint Air Ratchet for sale...click me bitch

Corey69 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The internet and real life are 2 completely different things btw.

Alpine INA-900
    Zapco DC650.6
    Dynaudio Esotec System 362
    Stetsom 7kd
    15" RE MT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The internet and real life are 2 completely different things btw.
    If you behave entirely different in real life, then you're even worse than I thought. That means you make a conscious effort to be an *** as soon as you pull up to the keyboard, or you lack the self-control to stop yourself from behaving as such. Again, not interested, thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you behave entirely different in real life, then you're even worse than I thought. That means you make a conscious effort to be an *** as soon as you pull up to the keyboard, or you lack the self-control to stop yourself from behaving as such. Again, not interested, thanks.
    Oh no as soon as I mention sundown it means im an *** and im bashing it. I could really care less about those amps.

Alpine INA-900
    Zapco DC650.6
    Stetsom 7kd
    15" RE MT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh no as soon as I mention sundown it means im an *** and im bashing it. I could really care less about those amps.
    Actually, this would be being an ***...

Boo hoo, everyone is doing fine without sundown
    And if you guys really care less, like you keep saying is the case, quit posting about it and bashing the product at every opportunity.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I assumed you were talking about that company since everyone seems to like bashing it.

Alpine INA-900
    Zapco DC650.6
    Stetsom 7kd
    15" RE MT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Actually this picture sums up how I feel about your opinions

Alpine INA-900
    Zapco DC650.6
    Stetsom 7kd
    15" RE MT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i dont quite remember RE every being considered a crap brand. I bought my HCs rougly 5 1/2 years ago when they were still a very up and coming company. Still, nobody called them crap..people were just very unsure of their quality.

I like to think I do get a decent amount of respect regarding car audio from the people that actually know me. If you knew the real story between CCA and sundown, particularly Rick the owner of the site..you may see things differently.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i dont quite remember RE every being considered a crap brand. I bought my HCs rougly 5 1/2 years ago when they were still a very up and coming company. Still, nobody called them crap..people were just very unsure of their quality.
    I'd have to search a bit (and not even sure if I can find them since Rick took over), but basically every non-mainstream has been criticized in some form on CCA. I specifically remember a thread where Fi was a marketing company and SoundSplinter was as well, and yet somehow Eclipse was very legit.

I like to think I do get a decent amount of respect regarding car audio from the people that actually know me. If you knew the real story between CCA and sundown, particularly Rick the owner of the site..you may see things differently.
    I know everyone isn't happy with the Rick situation. I know a few people who were banned from that site shortly after he first took over and I, personally, think he's made the site even worse than it was.

I'm sure you've earned a fair bit of respect and a lot of the guys posting on CCA have, but for some reason there is a big anti-Sundown movement going on. I'm not totally sure why Sundown was picked out of all the companies that could have been picked on, aside from the relation to Steve, and I definitely find that irritating. Everyone is so gung-ho to tear down Sundown, which is sad because Jacob is a nice guy who has worked very hard to have the success he has had. It's stuff like that just makes me question how fun it could possibly be to go to an SPL competition.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd have to search a bit (and not even sure if I can find them since Rick took over), but basically every non-mainstream has been criticized in some form on CCA. I specifically remember a thread where Fi was a marketing company and SoundSplinter was as well, and yet somehow Eclipse was very legit.

I know everyone isn't happy with the Rick situation. I know a few people who were banned from that site shortly after he first took over and I, personally, think he's made the site even worse than it was.

I'm sure you've earned a fair bit of respect and a lot of the guys posting on CCA have, but for some reason there is a big anti-Sundown movement going on. I'm not totally sure why Sundown was picked out of all the companies that could have been picked on, aside from the relation to Steve, and I definitely find that irritating. Everyone is so gung-ho to tear down Sundown, which is sad because Jacob is a nice guy who has worked very hard to have the success he has had. It's stuff like that just makes me question how fun it could possibly be to go to an SPL competition.

at the same time its pretty easy for people to hear a cheap 1500 watt amp puts out much much more power than rated and believe it. People want to believe theyre getting a smokin deal. Just doesnt make a lot of sense that the sundown guys would come on there saying the amp wont work in a single batt system and there had to be something wrong with the 16 volt bank the batt was tested on after that.

I suppose the "true test" will come when JordyO tests them. ALthough I can see something fishy going on with that already.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast