Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Need Advice for new system

rwest0115 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Please Help Need Advice

Im looking for a new system...I'm still somewhat new to car audio. Just want a couple opinions before i jump into something i shouldnt.

My previous system was all mtx.......(Okay everyone laugh) I know everyone likes to SH*t on MTX on these forums but it was my pretty much my starter system.
    12" 9500 powered by ta81001. Two pairs of mtx txc6.1 "high end" components. Also a four channel for the front set and four for the rear...all mtx...ALpine 9855 head unit ...stinger wire

^^^^^ALL MTX FOR SALE^^^^^

Id like to base my new system off of the two sets of Mb Quart 216 signiatures i just bought. I like a clean, matching system so i thought about going all mb quart. But after looking into it more and more i started to whether their amps are all that great anymore since splitting from rockford? Also some of their amps are impossible to find for a decent price. (mb quart pab 1200.1)

I also thougt about just going jl for the subs and amps and stinger expert for wiring. (Is stinger expert all its cracked up to be?)
    I like the look of the new black JL amps. They have pretty good sq for the comps and obviously they have their reputation for subs. So..if it is Jl.... what would you reccomend for a setup. I just picked up a little black si hatch. I thought about two 10 w7 or one 13 w7. Bigger? Smaller?

Another question ......i keep hearing how the 10 w7 is underrated for power. it says it can handle 500 rms but from what ive heard anyone else that beats it to JL, you should hook a 1000/1 to the 10 w7 and not the 500/1?

Im planning on spending the money that state farm is giving me for my totaled heap on the system and money shouldnt be an issue. Please feel free to give me any ideas on similar high quality SQ systems that will pound when needed. Any and all advice appreciated. Thanks again
    Last edited by rwest0115; 07-27-2007 at 12:50 AM.

nawgee is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Need Advice for new system

i have a 500/1 Jl audio amp with the JL 1o W7.....and it hits!!
    the 500/1 is more than enough to power it

Closed Thread