Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Where to mount distro block and crossovers

SPLV is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Where to mount distro block and crossovers

1) Where should I mount the distribution block? Closer to the batter or closer to the amps? I'm thinking closer to the amps to save wires, but wouldn't mounting closer to the battery provide less resistance?

2) Where should I mount the Xovers? I've read that mounting the Xovers closer to the speakers will be optimal in reducing noise. Will I have issues if I mounted the Xovers on the enclosures which will be located right behind my seats (I have a two-seater)?

Thanks guys.

dragnix is offline LXIX

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Re: Where to mount distro block and crossovers

depends on wat kind of distro-block, if it's a fused one then closer to the battery, but non-fused u can mount it closer to the amp, but u have to fuse near the battery newayz.

As for the xover, i dont' think it really matters, i prefer to keep them near the speakers tho.

Got a pm regarding my sig
    Quote Originally Posted by audioholic
    please change it to something non-******. thankyou.

wesl56 is offline el sietes!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SPLV View Post
    1) Where should I mount the distribution block? Closer to the batter or closer to the amps? I'm thinking closer to the amps to save wires, but wouldn't mounting closer to the battery provide less resistance?

2) Where should I mount the Xovers? I've read that mounting the Xovers closer to the speakers will be optimal in reducing noise. Will I have issues if I mounted the Xovers on the enclosures which will be located right behind my seats (I have a two-seater)?

Thanks guys.
    never heard that.... most people put them in the doors, but ive seen them mounted in the trunk near the amp also, you just have to have 2 full runs of wire that way...

the distro block is usually near the amps... the purpose of that is so you only need 1 run from the battery to the trunk area

youngfu is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have mounted the crossovers in the trunk.
    That way I can go 2 way active anytime I want.

na_rsx is offline Incriminator Audio FTW

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i mounted my crossovers below the back seat, and the distros on the amp rack..

distros:

crossovers:

2005 Acura RSX-S

Headunit: JVC KD-AR8500
    Front Stage: Vifa & Mpyre 65M *ACTIVE*
    System Amp: MB Quart DSC4125
    Wiring: Kicker Hyperflex
    Deadening: Edead SE2 and V3

Refs:
    Bought from: mlstrass, archie, brchd, BigOso, bk12321, Ricky 616, IonSQL, SilverSPL, VIPER118, fived, jdiddy, Tacosys, ls2poweredgoat, SethPhillips, DB_DRAG_SPL, bjfish11, XaznKewLguy, Integra2468, Incriminator, bur1196, Goindef154, amartin_72
    Sold to: vitveet, aesoj, DejaWiz, jco1385, Lax916, iowaaurora, Zeuslicious, chrispizzitola, gkatmar, Racerx250, boltpride, zeed, Low_e_Red, xreymax, hrtbrk1, RKPsk8er, Anniku989, bradknob, andrios

Closed Thread