View Poll Results: Which Of These Units Would You Choose?

Voters
25. This poll is closed
  • Panasonic CQVAD9200U

2 8.00%
  • Eclipse AV8132

9 36.00%
  • Pioneer AVHP7490DVD

14 56.00%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Reload Thread: Please Help Me With My ' CUSTOM ' Stereo Project!

TXSTYLE is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 Please Help Me With My ' CUSTOM ' Stereo Project!

Greetings! I am working on my "Custom Stereo Install" for my 350Z! I am wanting feedback from any & all you guys concerning BEST possible head units out of these:

Panasonic CQVAD9200U

Eclipse AV8132

Pioneer AVHP7490DVD

Please give me your personal experience, and pros & cons of each.

I GREATLY appreciate any & all of your input and opinions!

Also. The car in question is my 350Z! And I also need info for best SUB install.
    1. LOW END "frequency response" is crucial!
    2. I would prefer to utilize the spare-tire space and save all the little as it is room for storage. All though I have heard Vettes with this type of install and they DID NOT hit hard like I would want.
    3. I absolutely DO NOT want the Subs mounted behind either seat.
    4. I will consider anytype of install utilizing the rear brace, BUT! from the brace to the rear of the trunk I need open!
    5. I allready know what head-unit and speakers I'm gonna use. It's just a matter of getting the BEST, HARDEST HITTING SOUND possible from the Z with the above certain conditions.

I was thinking of a 12' JL where the spare is, or two 10' JL's where the rear brace is.

By the way, here's a pic of my ride:
    [IMGl]http://home.attbi.com/~txstyle/DCP_0259.jpg[/IMG]

Chrome Silver Performance
    20% 3M Tint, Avery Denison Paint Film, Hard Wired BEL Vector 985, K&N, Earthing Kit, Phillips Ultinon 6000k Xenon Bulbs, Custom ANTERA Type 321 - 19x8.5 & 19x9.5, wrapped in Toyo Proxes T1-S 245/40/19 & 275/35/19, StopTech BIG BRAKES! More to come...

ridered36 is offline Dont bufu rabid squirrels

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Try Resonant Enginnering's SE series. Go to: www.respl.com to check them out.

'84 Chevy K5 Creative Conversions Blazer (super rare!), restored, new paint, new 355, dual exhaust, interior in progress

HU-Pioneer 6400

Front Stage:
    4-Boston RX7 5.25's
    2-Boston RX7 6.5's

Rear fill:
    2-Audiobahn 6.5'

Subs:
    2-Shocker Super Extreme 12's in 11 ft^2 @ 32hz

Soon to come:
    RE 8's
    US 2000X or Tsunami 1800
    1-4 channel
    1-5 channel
    Yellow top
    7 inch screen
    PS2, DVD player, VHS player
    Line driver

Hope to be done around the 1st of the year!!!!

Randy Savage is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I like the Pioneer DVD unit...

And as far as a sub with great low end...well, go with a W7...a 12W7 would be perfect...

P.S.- Love the Z, so sweet....

nswartley is offline Down and out...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    how much do you have to spend on a HU? also, alpine HU's are very worth looking at...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Let's just say, based on the responses I get overall (as I have posted this question on different boards) that will be the unit I get! Price is no object.
    I have heard that the Eclipse is "exceptional" and is the only unit with an 8-volt Amp output for improved audio clarity. Yet Panasonic has IMO the Best monitors, but I have had Pioneer, and their units have always been solid!

20% 3M Tint, Avery Denison Paint Film, Hard Wired BEL Vector 985, K&N, Earthing Kit, Phillips Ultinon 6000k Xenon Bulbs, Custom ANTERA Type 321 - 19x8.5 & 19x9.5, wrapped in Toyo Proxes T1-S 245/40/19 & 275/35/19, StopTech BIG BRAKES! More to come...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by TXSTYLE
    Let's just say, based on the responses I get overall (as I have posted this question on different boards) that will be the unit I get! Price is no object.
    I have heard that the Eclipse is "exceptional" and is the only unit with an 8-volt Amp output for improved audio clarity. Yet Panasonic has IMO the Best monitors, but I have had Pioneer, and their units have always been solid!
    sounds good....so are you looking to get a component system and an amp to run them too? subs? if so how many?

if you get a big enough sub amp, you might have to upgrade your alternator....also you might want to think about dampening your cabin..let us know.

BTW, nice ride

do you know how many amps your alt puts out right now?

EDIT~i beat you snova :p

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I agree with you, you can't go wrong with any of them...

What are your considerations for a sub? And what amp you plan on using for it?

avistar23 is offline www.SoundhertZ.com <---

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    sweet ride. For a sub my i recomend either A; Aidre brahma B; RE XXX

www.adireaudio.com
    www.respl.com

C6ANU

Eclipse H/U
    Profile j 600.4 bridged to 2 chanells
    Adire Koda 6.1
    Profile ca1200
    Kove Audio Armegedon 12
    AudioControl Matrix

Soon to come:
    Audio control 24xs
    Audio control EQL

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks guys for the compliments and the suggestions! I'm glad I posted here!
    Actually, I'm a JL Audio type of guy, as I have used their Subs in a couple of my previous cars and had GREAT success. Also their new line of amps have gotten mutch praise here on the South (TX) and from many peeeps I know! Not sure on the amps my altenator is putting out, but I will consider an additional battery as a last resort. As I have stated I want to be very optimum in my sub placement. The 350Z is so new that I have yet to see an application that really floors me, although I have seen and heard 2!
    Two 10's or one 12' would be my choice: WS3 or WS7. Keep the ideas coming guys, and I have 2 shops locally that can do great work!
    By the way, where is the BEST prices on Eclipse radios? I'm not trying to pay "full retail"!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks guys for the compliments and the suggestions! I'm glad I posted here!
    Actually, I'm a JL Audio type of guy, as I have used their Subs in a couple of my previous cars and had GREAT success. Also their new line of amps have gotten mutch praise here on the South (TX) and from many peeeps I know! Not sure on the amps my altenator is putting out, but I will consider an additional battery as a last resort. As I have stated I want to be very optimum in my sub placement. The 350Z is so new that I have yet to see an application that really floors me, although I have seen and heard 2!
    Two 10's or one 12' would be my choice: WS3 or WS7. Keep the ideas coming guys, and I have 2 shops locally that can do great work!
    By the way, where is the BEST prices on Eclipse radios? I'm not trying to pay "full retail"!
    about the battery...that will do close to nothing, except put more strain on your alternator and your whole electrical system in general...a high output alternator would be the better choice, and definitely dont get a capacitator.

if you are determined on going with JL (even tho a brahma or a XXX would get better lows...) get a 13w7 and a JL 1000.1....that would probably be your best bet. i would also get a nice set of components and put them in kick panels up front, and then buy a 2 channel amp to power those speakers (w/o an amp, your speakers will distort easily, even with a good HU).

just do a good job on designing the right box, and it will be great. i suggest you go ported....the box is the most important part

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cool. Again, thanks!
    Where can I look and compare these xxx and Brahma Subs?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Cool. Again, thanks!
    Where can I look and compare these xxx and Brahma Subs?
    www.respl.com
    www.adireaudio.com

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by snova031
    www.respl.com
    www.adireaudio.com
    Interesting! Both the Brahma and XXX subs appear to be "Heavy Hitters". Can you guys tell me from experience how they stack up (are better) than JL?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Interesting! Both the Brahma and XXX subs appear to be "Heavy Hitters". Can you guys tell me from experience how they stack up (are better) than JL?
    Well, the JL will yield better SQ than both the XXX and the Brahma in the right enclosure, but the Brahma will get louder, and the XXX will get even louder than both of them. They all have a great low end and can handle a whole lot of power.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    the brahma has the SQ edge on the XXX supposedly......ill be installing a brahma 15 for a friend soon.....the guy who you want to contact on these forums about buying brahmas is "jlaine" (you can private message him). both are really nice subs that not many know about it, and at their prices....you cant beat em. ignore the MSRP prices on the XXX, they are much less than that.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast