*Disclaimer: This test is done using the methods and equipment familiar to me. Results can and will vary from vehicle to vehicle.*
Well, I finally stopped slacking and picked up a clamp meter so I can see my ACTUAL power.
Now, these test results are all done in my truck, and they vary between sealed up on the dash metering, and headrest metering. The car is on for all these tests, and RPM's were set at 2000.
*Equipment is my zx2500, DD 9510, 2 everstart maxx batteries and a 200 amp alt*
*My DCR load is 1 ohm (dual 2 ohm coils wired in parallel)*
First off, I started with sealed up testing.
After tweaking and tuning, and finding the right frequency..
88.8 volts x 27.1 amps= 2406 watts, with a nasty impedence rise of 3.2 ohms!!
Now for headrest (door open) testing (i must note that at this time the sub and car were pretty hot, which can explain the slight drop in power. That and the car acts differently when the door is opened)
96.1 volts x 24.3 amps= 2335 watts
Now here's the scary part....rising to 3.9 ohms!!!
Now I knew I was getting some pretty good power out of the amp, even with my impedence rise, but I wasn't expecting quite that much. This means that my amp is doing d*mn near its 2 ohm rated power at 4 OHMS!!
Now those are some real world power results.