Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: My Upcoming Audio Install...Need feedback!

maxazor is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My Upcoming Audio Install...Need feedback!

Let my first start off by saying this is my first "All out & most expensive install yet" I'm happy with most of the components I have, but I'm always looking for more feedback and what I could be missing and do better. Pretty much I'm going to list out my componenents, what I'm looking for is best frequency ranges/tuning/wiring help on what would sound best PLUS if you think a component should be added or is needed let me know.

PLEASE DON'T FLAME or YOU SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT THIS INSTEAD COMMENTS!

Head Unit
    Pioneer D3
    W/ AVOX JUKEBOX & IPOD INTERFACE

Speakers
    Focal K2P - front stage
    Rear stage is either going to stay stock run off the HU, or going to get some sort of decent 6.5's,

Subwoofers
    [2] Infinity Kappa Perfects 12.1's

Amplifiers
    4 Channel
    Precision Power PCX 4125 "I'm going to bridge this to the Focals
    125 @4ohm
    250 @2ohm
    500 Bridged

2 Channel
    Precision Power PCX 2200 "Not sure how this will configure w/ the Perfects"
    200 @4ohm
    400 @2ohm
    800 Bridged

Tuning
    Orion DEQ30 30 Band Digital Equalizer - "Thinking of only using this to tune the front stage"

MEMPHIS AUDIO 16-XO3 3 WAY ELECTRONIC CROSSOVER/REMOTE
    Since I'm going active I plan on using this before the Orion.

Please let me know if you see any problems so I can resolve before getting knee deep in the install. If you have any other suggestions again I'm always open to new ideas.

Thanks,
    Josh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: My Upcoming Audio Install...Need feedback!

maybe re consider the front stage amp.... I have gone with a mono load with my front stage before and regreted it. Go stereo.... you will regret it if you dont... for the sake of me not typing more ill assume you know the difference between mono and stereo... and dont distort your clean system with your stock rear speakers... dont forget you dont have to match branded equipment. i have learned over the years companies make stuff better then each other. My latest system is the biggest bastard of a system i have ever done... fi,rainbow,eclipse, IA, US Amps, kicker,knu, stinger+ lots of other off brands and different things from other brands... my wire isnt even all the same brand... too many people get stuck on wanting matching components of a system when all it does most of the time is waste money and cost quality.... you have decent equipment there but thats all the input i have for now... good luck and keep us informed....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

and if you can... return the 4 channel amp and get a 2 channel you can run in stereo. thats the cliff notes version

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As far as brand matching...I rarely do unless its the amps, makes it more aesthesic to look at ...when you have completely different looking amps it just looks bad "not that i'm saying that's the smartest idea, but I'm not competing so I don't always need "THE BEST".
    I do believe that you are right w/ the Mono vs. Stereo. Even if I ran power to the rear and used that amp in a 4 channel stereo mode. I fear that 125 watts per channel would not be enough to get the full experience out of those Focals.

Pountius is offline knub.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why would you run the EQ after the xover?

Your only running 1 set of RCA's to the xover from the Deq30, which is only getting a left right signal from your deck anyways. You could then play with the whole frequency band. Even if you don't touch it for the bass frequencies.

I agree with running a stereo signal to the fronts. Alot of music has left/right separation. Plus 125 Watts is more then enough for a set of Comps.

The system you have planned is in no way a SPL machine to begin with.

125 watts is probobly 100 more then your current factory system is capable of pumping out clean anyways.

In my system I loaded down each channel of my amps for front left/right and for my read left right. Had to build a passive network that was biampable. Not 100% sure if the Focal's are.

Nice set up though.

In life I like pie.
    In death I like pie.
    Inbetween is pie.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm looking for more of a SQ than a SPL one. I would trade out the 2 12" for 10" if could, but I'm happy with what I've selected so far. Any suggestions on rear fill?

Why would you run the EQ after the xover?
    What would you suggest then? Setting the EQ before then xover and bypassing the EQ for my rears + sub? As far as I know the DEQ30 only has one set of RCA inputs and outputs. (correct me if i'm wrong)

In my system I loaded down each channel of my amps for front left/right and for my read left right.
    Can you explain this in more detail?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lol well after my rant on matching brands the speakers are the only things iw ould try to match just to try n keep the same sound...

pwnt by pat is offline Pat for Prez 2024 - vote!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

wait, you're bridging the 4 channel amp down to 2 channels and running 500w per side?

carputer - h701 - c701 - dynaudio mw170s - si mag 15 - ss rubicon 604 x2 - ss rubicon 1002

coming soon:
    seas w15cy - alpine spx177r tweeters

DBfan187 is offline Supa's mom was here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

use a y-cord to split the signal on the 4channel when you bridge it, viola!

WaTTsLOk187 is offline Tu Papi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WantedIsHere View Post
    maybe re consider the front stage amp.... I have gone with a mono load with my front stage before and regreted it. Go stereo.... you will regret it if you dont... for the sake of me not typing more ill assume you know the difference between mono and stereo... and dont distort your clean system with your stock rear speakers... dont forget you dont have to match branded equipment. i have learned over the years companies make stuff better then each other. My latest system is the biggest bastard of a system i have ever done... fi,rainbow,eclipse, IA, US Amps, kicker,knu, stinger+ lots of other off brands and different things from other brands... my wire isnt even all the same brand... too many people get stuck on wanting matching components of a system when all it does most of the time is waste money and cost quality.... you have decent equipment there but thats all the input i have for now... good luck and keep us informed....
    UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH the front stage is going to be run in stereo. He's just bridging the 4 channel to get more power to the mids.

1996 DGGM Impala SS
    Cali-SS & ISSCA #1680
    Refs: I8APONY19, Jonahdude, theCybe, swangandbang, eatank, 99StangGt, danteBirosel, iceteebone, 97JeepTJ, bk12321, mattmcss, Slammed, TeamPSI, nismos14, LBC99, Megalomaniac, IgnoreMe
    SOLD TO: foreman

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I used to have Focal 165V3E's and MB Quart PSD's hooked up to the PPI 4125 and while they did sound great. I felt I could have gotten more out of the speaker with a little more power. Granted these were three way speakers. My plan now it to try and power them. If that doesn't please me I will replace the 4125 with two smaller 2 channel amps. I'm still not sure how to configure the EQ and crossover. This is the first time using both in an install, if anyone has any feedback on that.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

use a y-cord to split the signal on the 4channel when you bridge it, viola!
    Will this work?

troy_audi0 is offline Top 100 Installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You will be fine brigging the 4chl amp it will still be in stereo

That will be alot of power for the Focal's If tuned just right they should be ok..
    The deq30 on the front stage is a great idea..
    I think the Xover before the EQ is a fine idea
    You need to have the Xover freq's set before you can find the need of the speakers to EQ it..

Your setup sounds good..
    Peace Troy

www.Hybrid-audio.com
    Kenwood Nav
    Hybrid Audio L1 Pro SE, L3, L2x, L6
    Arc10 Ported
    Arc Audio 4200SE (Front Stage 110x4)
    Arc Audio 2150SE (Sub)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Already planning changes
    Swapping out the Infinity perfects for DIYMA 12" Reference Sub for more SQ sound.

AAAAAAA is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How can you go active if your only using 2 channels for the front stage? You can not bridge your 4 channel amp, 2 of those channels have to go to your tweetes, then the other 2 to your midbase/range.

Xover the tweets HP around 4000hz-5000hz and LP the midrange from the tweeer frequency and HP it around 80hz. The subs can have 80hz and down.

Just forget about rearfill, and changing out your 12's for 10's for SQ is crap, your setup now is fine.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast