Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Bridging front and rear sides (vertical staging)?

abqrb2000 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bridging front and rear sides (vertical staging)?

have a 4 channel amp for my front stage. I do not care about rear fill so much. I understand the active concept. I also know I can bridge the 4 ch into 2 to get more power to my front comps.

My question is, when bridging, do I split the front signal or do I run the front and rear left together and the front and rear right together. The bridged signal would still have stereo? I thought this may be called vertical staging?

azbass is offline the salty ca.com mod

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Bridging front and rear sides (vertical staging)?

When bridging you would just want to split the front signal. Avoids the potential for having differing signals input into the amp.

If you biamping, however, you can utilize both the front and rear outputs from the headunit and use the fader as a form of level adjustment between the mids and tweeters. If you don't need this capability then it's easier/cheaper to just split the front output from the headunit as it saves needing to have four RCA runs from the headunit and instead allows you to only use two.

If you run active it depends on if you are using an external xover. If you aren't and are doing the active processing inside the headunit then you would need to use both the "high" (front) and "mid" (rear) outputs on the headunit.

In no situation would you need or want to combine both the front and rear outputs from the headunit to a single input on the amplifier.

The bridged signal would still have stereo?
    Yes, as long as you only input the "left" signal to channels 1&2 and the right signal to channels 3&4.

I thought this may be called vertical staging?
    Never heard that term in regards to amplifier wiring that I can recall.

There's "vertical" and "horizontal" biamping....but I don't think that's what you're referring to.
    Last edited by azbass; 05-21-2007 at 07:24 PM.

CaliforniabOY5 is offline My Posts Were Deleted?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

squeak's reply > yours. . .

i still love you. <3

Refs: Louisiana CRX, rpfuror, marcusb419er ,JohnnyChuttz, qtipextra,Toxic Tuan,
    jmanpc(x2),tapout(x2),LBC99,TeamPSI,gl0ck, Blazemore ,brtnboarder3241(x2), genxx, hotshot27, mattmcss, calikid, Regal8r,SilverSPL, aGent,bbb543,mr_kebo
    and more on diymobileaudio.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Prowler573 View Post

CA.com - we may not be able to impart any knowledge whatsoever regarding your inquiries about car audio equipment...but at least we're entertaining!!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoSayWho? View Post
    Platestacker + Twistid = Plenty of reason to worry about the quality of recruits in the USAF.
    RollinGTO Loves Me!

squeak9798 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azbass View Post
    When bridging you would just want to split the front signal. Avoids the potential for having differing signals input into the amp.

If you biamping, however, you can utilize both the front and rear outputs from the headunit and use the fader as a form of level adjustment between the mids and tweeters. If you don't need this capability then it's easier/cheaper to just split the front output from the headunit as it saves needing to have four RCA runs from the headunit and instead allows you to only use two.

If you run active it depends on if you are using an external xover. If you aren't and are doing the active processing inside the headunit then you would need to use both the "high" (front) and "mid" (rear) outputs on the headunit.

In no situation would you need or want to combine both the front and rear outputs from the headunit to a single input on the amplifier.

Yes, as long as you only input the "left" signal to channels 1&2 and the right signal to channels 3&4.

Never heard that term in regards to amplifier wiring that I can recall.

There's "vertical" and "horizontal" biamping....but I don't think that's what you're referring to.

Great advice !!!!

ngsm13 is offline BSEE

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lol.

nG

http://crunktimes.com/ct/
    nG - BSEE

Closed Thread