Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Setting up a HU and EQ?

Efrain is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 Setting up a HU and EQ?

Hi fellows,

I am having a problem on deciding how to setup my HU and EQ. My HU is a Pioneer DEH-1000 and my EQ is a Pioneer DEQ-7600..

The problem is that the HU and the EQ BOTH have a VOLUME control and I don't know the right way each should be used and which one should I use to control the volume...

Also, since my HU has sort of a 3 band equalizer and some sort of treble and bass boost, should I just leave the HU FLAT without any boosting at all? Sort of like just having the HU supply the music without any tweaking and do all tweaking from the EQ???

Thanks for any help!

By the way, anyone has the DEQ-7600 eq? I bought mine used from eBay and it did not include the user manual so if anyone could maybe scan it or point me to a site where I can download it, it would be great!

Efrain Ruiz

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone?

audiolife is offline WhAt?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    turn deck up to point just before it clips then back off a little. usually 3/4 up or so set deck flat and use your eq for what u bought it for

Sony Mobile ES C-90 Audison Bit-One
    Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    turn deck up to point just before it clips then back off a little. usually 3/4 up or so set deck flat and use your eq for what u bought it for
    This is the problem... While turning the deck up, where should the EQ's volume be set at? Ok, the max volume BOTH can display is 30... So, should I turn the EQ volume all the way up to 30 then turn the HU's volume up until the clipping point and reduce it a bit like you said? This would mean that if I leave the HU at this point, I can go MAX volume on the EQ and that would be the max volume without clipping?

audiolife is offline WhAt?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    which unit do you wanna turn up or down? romote work with both? if you wanna use the decks volume set the volume on the eq like i said before -well leave the one you dont want to move to about 3/4's volume- you wanna still check this just to besure you arent gonna cook anything

Sony Mobile ES C-90 Audison Bit-One
    Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, I think I get the point according to what you are saying... I want to use ONLY the EQ to control my volume, so I will just turn up volume on the EQ to the max of 30 then setup the HU volume asif I were setting up the gains on an amp, up until clipping then a bit down... Once I do this, I leave my HU alone and work with the EQ...

Now, the max EQ volume is my system's max volume with no clipping! Thanks my friend! Very helpful of you!

Efrain Ruiz

ryan_feine is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Setting up a HU and EQ?

Originally posted by Efrain
    Hi fellows,

I am having a problem on deciding how to setup my HU and EQ. My HU is a Pioneer DEH-1000 and my EQ is a Pioneer DEQ-7600..

The problem is that the HU and the EQ BOTH have a VOLUME control and I don't know the right way each should be used and which one should I use to control the volume...

Also, since my HU has sort of a 3 band equalizer and some sort of treble and bass boost, should I just leave the HU FLAT without any boosting at all? Sort of like just having the HU supply the music without any tweaking and do all tweaking from the EQ???

Thanks for any help!

By the way, anyone has the DEQ-7600 eq? I bought mine used from eBay and it did not include the user manual so if anyone could maybe scan it or point me to a site where I can download it, it would be great!

Efrain Ruiz
    are you running anything from your headunit or just from other amps off the eq or what tell me that and ill help you out a lil more

Ryan Feine
    ryan_feine@hotmail.com(MSN messenger)

Clarion DX515 headunit
    MB Quart 6x9s
    MTX Thunder4122
    2 HE2 10"s
    2 JL Audio 500.1s

not installed
    MB Quart 6.5s
    Alpine 6.5s

denim is offline SSAudio.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    well use the EQ as the master volume control, and have the H/U eq'ed at neutral and adjust it slightly from the EQ

CarAudio.com mod(original)

Fabulas is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I used to have the DEQ-7600 and DEH-P6000 and I think the manual states to set the volume on the eq to 23. Then you can turn the volume up as needed. I had the 3 band parametric eq adjusted as well as the 15 band eq. I REALLY REALLY enjoyed that eq. I would'nt use the eq to adjust the volume, don't set it to 30 either(makes a hissing noise is you do) Set the eq to 23 and control the system through the headunit. My setup sounded REALLY nice.....IMHO

Source: Premier DEX-P9/Pioneer CDX-1270
    XM:Pioneer GEX-P900XM/AN-90XM
    Processors: Premier DEQ P9
    Front Stage: Orion HCCA 6s
    Front Stage Amp: Orion Xtr 500.4
    Subwoofer: Orion HCCA 15
    Subwoofer Amp: 1 Orion HCCA 275g4

All in an 88 Toyota Supra Turbo!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, after the EQ, all I have are 2 amps, one for the components and one amp for the subwoofers... I have the subwoofer amp coonnected to the EQ's subwoofer output and the components amp to the FRONT output of the EQ

ryan_feine is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Efrain
    Ok, after the EQ, all I have are 2 amps, one for the components and one amp for the subwoofers... I have the subwoofer amp coonnected to the EQ's subwoofer output and the components amp to the FRONT output of the EQ
    if nothings hooked up to your headunit set the eq on it flat and use your eq for what it was made for using the volume depends on the eq and the headunit whichever works best with little distortion but the other guy is right dont turn the eq all the way up it could result in hissing noises and otherstuff

Ryan Feine
    ryan_feine@hotmail.com(MSN messenger)

Clarion DX515 headunit
    MB Quart 6x9s
    MTX Thunder4122
    2 HE2 10"s
    2 JL Audio 500.1s

not installed
    MB Quart 6.5s
    Alpine 6.5s

Threadstarter