Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Upgrading factory system help

robob2 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Upgrading factory system help

I am looking to upgrade the factory system in my 2007 Camry. I would like to keep the factory head unit, at least initially. I want to keep the cost around $1000 including any sound deadening needed. I am much more interested in SQ than SPL. I would be happy with a small sub, I think 8 or 10 would work fine for my needs and I would like to make the enclosure for the sub, so don't include that.

So far I've looked at the JL 500/5 amp, the JL XR650 CSi for the fronts and JL VR690 for the rears. At online prices, that comes to roughly $1000 already and there is no sub yet and no sound deadening. If this was my best choice I would put up the extra cash, but I know you guys will be able to help me get a good system for less!

I have also considered the Kicker ZX700.5 as that would save me around $200. Would I loose a lot of quality going that route? Any other amp ideas?

I have also thought of just powering the rear speakers from the factory head unit and getting a 4 channel amp, but that just seems like a bad choice. I would like to have the rear fill.

I basically want to get a good sounding system that I'll be happy with and only do the upgrade once. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

robob2 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Upgrading factory system help

Anyone?

Closed Thread