Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: dont know where to begin

Airman21 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

dont know where to begin

first off i am overseas right now so i wont be on all the time probly just 1-2 times a day... i have a 1998 Olds. Bravada back home that i want to get a nice system for... i dont know how many cubes i can fit in the back so if someone on here has a bravada or has installed a system in one could you tell me how many cubes i have to work with? i was going to get a 18" solo X but after reading on here i am not sure if i still wanna go that route...

right now all i have bought is a

Pioneer 880PRS head unit... i was thinking of going with some rainbow geraniums comps... is just need some comps that you will still be able to here with a 145-149 DB system i dont like it when the base hits and you dont here any of the words... really i just dont know where to start.. i know i need the cubes first then think of the amp and sub combo... i want 2 15's but i thought a single 18" would be nice... i want deep clean bass... ok thats enough rambling for now any help is apriciated.. thanks

98 Bravada

Quote Originally Posted by Twistid View Post
    huh? oh ya, thats my number! give me as many calls as you like! infact you can post it on gay meeting websites for late nite butt secks
    Originally Posted by Ed Lester
    I am gonna use my computer for what it was designed for and thats to download P0rn.
    REF- Schism13 (trade), 6spdcoupe (bought), 32tl (bought), thunder9500 (bought), 3.5Max6spd (bought), Blackbonnie (bought), rpfuror (built me a box), Iggster (bought),nitro_freak1 (bought), M3NTAL (bought)

iceteebone is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Re: dont know where to begin

the 880 and those rainbows are a good start. how much were you looking to spend? 145-149 on the tl isn't too easy. seems like you want a good sql system. 2 properly 15's or an 18 would probably push the limits in the back of that car. also what electrical upgrades have been done?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thanks for the fast responce... right now i havent really set a bugdet cause i told my wife that with my money i make over here i am going to build a system that i wont have to worry about replacing you know what i mean... i wanna do it right the first time... yeah i have heard nothing but good things about the 880 and rainbows so that is a must... yes SQL is what im looking for... i need to do the electrical system still also i want a alt but not sure where to get one for my ride.. i heard that irragi or something like that is a good one

98 Bravada

huh? oh ya, thats my number! give me as many calls as you like! infact you can post it on gay meeting websites for late nite butt secks
    I am gonna use my computer for what it was designed for and thats to download P0rn.
    REF- Schism13 (trade), 6spdcoupe (bought), 32tl (bought), thunder9500 (bought), 3.5Max6spd (bought), Blackbonnie (bought), rpfuror (built me a box), Iggster (bought),nitro_freak1 (bought), M3NTAL (bought)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Airman21 View Post
    thanks for the fast responce... right now i havent really set a bugdet cause i told my wife that with my money i make over here i am going to build a system that i wont have to worry about replacing you know what i mean... i wanna do it right the first time... yeah i have heard nothing but good things about the 880 and rainbows so that is a must... yes SQL is what im looking for... i need to do the electrical system still also i want a alt but not sure where to get one for my ride.. i heard that irragi or something like that is a good one
    for some reason i think you'd like a pair of mags. pair them up with an IA 20.1 and an electrical system but that'll get pricey

ctmike is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sold to: amedeuce, junior22, PatFitz9, skrilla22, Vipervenom18
    bought from: giantgloworm, exige, lmllopez, JCivicHb, diehappy, ampjunkielikeme, IamMurph, Louisiana_CRX

Quote Originally Posted by alias3r View Post
    dude, subs facing the rear will bounce nice lows off the back of the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by XsabesX View Post
    wheeler is a **** sucking ***, who does not know **** about box making.
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8erboyla2004 View Post
    well it a monoblock amp meaning it was only meant for one sub so that prolly wy u have to turn you gain all the way up

ctmike is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

also, i might be getting the same ride here soon and plan on running 3 idmax 12"s ported in a tcab box. maybe check those subs out also.

sold to: amedeuce, junior22, PatFitz9, skrilla22, Vipervenom18
    bought from: giantgloworm, exige, lmllopez, JCivicHb, diehappy, ampjunkielikeme, IamMurph, Louisiana_CRX

Quote Originally Posted by alias3r View Post
    dude, subs facing the rear will bounce nice lows off the back of the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by XsabesX View Post
    wheeler is a **** sucking ***, who does not know **** about box making.
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8erboyla2004 View Post
    well it a monoblock amp meaning it was only meant for one sub so that prolly wy u have to turn you gain all the way up

Coolwazabi is offline TITAN FAN #001

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

how about a pair of memphis mojo's 15"s and a herc... or a ia 20.1

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

i think you gotta give us some more info cause we can throw out amp and sub combos all night

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ok i am looking for a sub/subs that are deep and sound good i would like to be 145 ish daily( i know its bad for the ears but i love loud music) and the amp i really dont care as long as it pushes the subs good but not to much to where i have to worry about buying new ones in a few months... my original goal was $3,000 being the max for the system and electical so i think i am going to stick with that... i havent really heard anything good about the tcab boxes seems like everytime i get on here someone is bad talking them but i do know they put up some good # with them... if there is anymore info you want to know let me know

98 Bravada

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctmike View Post
    also, i might be getting the same ride here soon and plan on running 3 idmax 12"s ported in a tcab box. maybe check those subs out also.
    yeah i was originally going to go with 4 12" l7's but it seems everyone does that in a suv plus i think a want a little better sq then i have heard with those.. they do hit though

98 Bravada

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctmike View Post
    thanks for the link i will check it out... i should probly wait to see what i end up getting speaker and amp wise before i buy a alt correct? that way i have a idea how many amps i should go with

98 Bravada

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

anyone? how much are the 15" mags? those seem like what i might be looking for... do they hit hard and deep?

98 Bravada

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

anyone? how much are the 15" mags? those seem like what i might be looking for... do they hit hard and deep?
    yes and yes

iirc they run roughly $400-450 a piece

go to www.stereointegrity.com and check one of their dealers listed

dragonrage is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i would like to be 145 ish daily

Cherish your hearing from now until that install, bud. 'cause it ain't gonna last.

**** image limit

2009 Pontiac G8 GT - Selling/Trading soon...
    Ebay: ddfromma | Heatware feedback: ddfromma

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

just cause i want it that loud doesnt mean i will listen to it that loud all the time only when i am crusing to work and back... ok i will check out that site... 400-450 is good i can afford that... what amp do you think would fit those best? push them nicely sound nice and all that good stuff... also how much are those rainbow geraniums? what is that guys name that sells them on this board i cant remember it? thanks

98 Bravada

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast