Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 57

Reload Thread: My Final Install (feel free to Flame) 56k Warning

  1. #1
    Octavio's Avatar
    Octavio is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Nic
    Posts
    856
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    My Final Install (feel free to Flame) 56k Warning

    Just got my system install this afternoon, after help and *cough* Flames *cough* from you guys finally have it all, the Amp is a cheap,nasty,ugly,bad,horrible Sony , the Sub is a CVR12 , the head unit is a Sony MEX5000BT.

    Sounds decent I cant complain the sound is clear not loud but decent my trunk is actually jumping allot and making my license plate to make a horrible noise Im going to put rubber to avoid the noise.

    Next project is 6 on each door plus a small Amp for those speakers suggestion are welcome.

    Thanks for your advices to everyone that help me and may Lord Jesus forgive those that flame with out a reason.

    One question, my interior light on the roof it goes weak with the bass how can I avoid that? new batery maybe a bigger batery?

    Remenber I'm a rookie brand new out of the box









  2. #2
    Justin89T's Avatar
    Justin89T is offline I Drive A Supra



    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Third Island of China
    Age
    30
    Posts
    751
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My Final Install (feel free to Flame) 56k Warning

    1: I'm not sure if its a good idea to mount your amp upside down like that.... I've seen a few installs where the amp is mounted in that location, but instead of upside down the installer made some brackets and mounted it so that the bottom was facing the bottom of the car... know what I am saying? And left about an inch of space for heat dissipation.

    2: The CD player would probably benefit from the correct dash kit. Correct me if I am wrong, but it looks like you used the factory pocket, and brackets? I'm sure metra makes a kit for that car

    3: Looks good for your first time




  3. #3
    jeeper07's Avatar
    jeeper07 is offline Rebuilding&Reconstruc ting



    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,399
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My Final Install (feel free to Flame) 56k Warning

    what car is that in?




    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/buyer-seller-feedback/211887-jeeper07-feedback.html

  4. #4
    lookitsjim23's Avatar
    lookitsjim23 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,124
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My Final Install (feel free to Flame) 56k Warning

    take the amp down from there...



    Refs: blados, skydeaner, shallowfu, belunt, ricky616, gl0ck,SWEET06CAMRY, TypeRBass,kenny pollock,2002XLT

  5. #5
    baseballer1100's Avatar
    baseballer1100 is offline My life be like....



    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,263
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My Final Install (feel free to Flame) 56k Warning

    Quote Originally Posted by jeeper07 View Post
    what car is that in?
    x2



    References:
    Caraudio.com
    Luckyt,Hotown,Thunder9500,Vladd,Mikeyb,kngoftheprk nglot, cd6551(x3),bolognabake,dalucifer,phrozen5100, frito,bring97, avs20,Resonant18,djman37,Showrides,Fi car audio(X2),jeeper07(x2),pimpedout97x,matrxx dude(x3),flakko(x2),mega1268,powernaudio,iamamp3pi mp.bamaboy,Daishi(x3).angrytrucker78,impalafan95.n etherland, down,blue200sx(x2),QtrHorseThecybe,jiggy2dmax,stc1 709,musclehead,NDMstang65v2,alxmlr789
    Carstereos.org
    Wackii,BrownNoiseBob
    Explorer4x4.com
    Fordexplorer157
    Mp3car.com
    StLB5,Coolskys05
    I know there is more ill try to find them.

  6. #6
    GemaRastem's Avatar
    GemaRastem is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,069
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My Final Install (feel free to Flame) 56k Warning

    take the amp down from there, the cooling of most amps are designed to have them mounted face up because heat rises.



    =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

    rarg

  7. #7
    TreyE's Avatar
    TreyE is offline Lets Get Weird



    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Tampa
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,716
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    4
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Re: My Final Install (feel free to Flame) 56k Warning

    im going to guess toyota corolla



    Don't listen to me.

    Feedback - http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/227670-treye.html
    Also more recent feedback on caco.com under same username and eBay as Willy8788 100% feedback.

  8. #8
    Octavio's Avatar
    Octavio is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Nic
    Posts
    856
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My Final Install (feel free to Flame) 56k Warning

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin89T View Post
    1: I'm not sure if its a good idea to mount your amp upside down like that.... I've seen a few installs where the amp is mounted in that location, but instead of upside down the installer made some brackets and mounted it so that the bottom was facing the bottom of the car... know what I am saying? And left about an inch of space for heat dissipation.

    2: The CD player would probably benefit from the correct dash kit. Correct me if I am wrong, but it looks like you used the factory pocket, and brackets? I'm sure metra makes a kit for that car

    3: Looks good for your first time

    I asked the guys at the shop if it was ok to install the Amp upside down and he said is not a issue but since you mention it It got me thiking and you may be right ... I will do some research on that and If I read issue regarding it I will have it move on right position.

    Thats correct, that factory pocket, I have to do something about that asap on the mean time I going to have it like that for a few time till I save some money for the kid and the rest of the set up.

    I fell like the amp is to much for the sub, from your expirience and by looking at the sun spec and amp spec do you think the amp is alright for theat sub?

    Amp Spec
    http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=16408

    Sub Spec
    http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=14816

    Thanks allot for your comments.




  9. #9
    Octavio's Avatar
    Octavio is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Nic
    Posts
    856
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My Final Install (feel free to Flame) 56k Warning

    Quote Originally Posted by jeeper07 View Post
    what car is that in?
    treE got it right is a Corolla




  10. #10
    TreyE's Avatar
    TreyE is offline Lets Get Weird



    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Tampa
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,716
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    4
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Re: My Final Install (feel free to Flame) 56k Warning

    Quote Originally Posted by Octavio View Post
    I asked the guys at the shop if it was ok to install the Amp upside down and he said is not a issue but since you mention it It got me thiking and you may be right ... I will do some research on that and If I read issue regarding it I will have it move on right position.

    Thats correct, that factory pocket, I have to do something about that asap on the mean time I going to have it like that for a few time till I save some money for the kid and the rest of the set up.

    I fell like the amp is to much for the sub, from your expirience and by looking at the sun spec and amp spec do you think the amp is alright for theat sub?

    Amp Spec
    http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=16408

    Sub Spec
    http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=14816

    Thanks allot for your comments.
    nah ur straight as long as its wired series to 4ohms...and haha hell yea im good



    Don't listen to me.

    Feedback - http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/227670-treye.html
    Also more recent feedback on caco.com under same username and eBay as Willy8788 100% feedback.

  11. #11
    Octavio's Avatar
    Octavio is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Nic
    Posts
    856
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My Final Install (feel free to Flame) 56k Warning

    Quote Originally Posted by GemaRastem View Post
    take the amp down from there, the cooling of most amps are designed to have them mounted face up because heat rises.
    I think you guys are right ...... I'm gonna have it set somewhere else , thanks for the tip guys




  12. #12
    phyphoestilic's Avatar
    phyphoestilic is offline Liquid Fire...



    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    5,543
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My Final Install (feel free to Flame) 56k Warning

    are u running it at 4 ohms bridged? and did u set ur gains?



    Lexus LS400 Setup
    Eclipse CD7000 (Running Active)
    Image Dynamic OEM CX64s
    Image Dynamics NX30 Tweeters
    US Acoustic USF600 x2, USF800 x2 (Zed Audio )
    150ft+ of Rammat
    IDMax12 1.5cft. I need to cut for IB
    25 feet 1/0 Stinger Expert, 15 feet 4 Stinger Pro
    Stinger Dream Series, Knu Konceptz Krystal Series RCAs

    Ref: (Bought From)Renegadesrun, IonSQL, CrazyJoker2, Alpine CDA-9815 , FI Car Audio, yournumber1dan , B_Campbell, jacobcopeland87, mike dressure x2, James_Bang, blue200sx
    (Traded w/) Iceteebone, sxkicker89
    (Sold To): James_Bang, timbo12, gsxrjjordan
    Ebay: PhyPhoestilic (100%)

  13. #13
    jeeper07's Avatar
    jeeper07 is offline Rebuilding&Reconstruc ting



    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,399
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My Final Install (feel free to Flame) 56k Warning

    missed it my bad




    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/buyer-seller-feedback/211887-jeeper07-feedback.html

  14. #14
    kicker06's Avatar
    kicker06 is offline Umm, I don't pay for food



    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Atlanta & South Carolina
    Posts
    2,172
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My Final Install (feel free to Flame) 56k Warning

    Quote Originally Posted by jeeper07 View Post
    What Car?
    Read.

    Good install, nice pictures. Looks great for a rookie.

    That amp is the perfect power for that sub.

    If your happy, that's all that matter.

    Doesn't matter what other people think.



    '02 Dodge Intrepid SE

    Refs: Shon (owner of ROE) x2, Tony (on ROE), DL97, Armageddon, uncfanforlife07, Shawn Fleming, Toxic Tuan, jybfan04 and 65 More

  15. #15
    TreyE's Avatar
    TreyE is offline Lets Get Weird



    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Tampa
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,716
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    4
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Re: My Final Install (feel free to Flame) 56k Warning

    Quote Originally Posted by kicker06 View Post
    Read.

    Good install, nice pictures. Looks great for a rookie.

    That amp is the perfect power for that sub.

    If your happy, that's all that matter.

    Doesn't matter what other people think.



    Don't listen to me.

    Feedback - http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/227670-treye.html
    Also more recent feedback on caco.com under same username and eBay as Willy8788 100% feedback.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum