Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 JBL speakers???

I hear a little bit about speakers by JBL how are they for a first car upgrade? How is the price? and are they the type that you can make everything in the car JBL speakers, amps, and subs?

tHenewkId

Driving my dad's track and my mom's brand new 2004 mustang YEAH

badazzDD is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I really like JBL's products.. Very affordable with good quality. Yes, they are a company that you can make all the same (subs, amps, speakers) .. And if you are like me(have to have everything matching!), then they will work perfect for you.. I have a complete JBL set up - minus front speakers.. and head unit since they dont make any. I am very pleased. If you can afford it, then i would suggest their GTi series components!! They are the cleanest speakers i have ever heard! But if not, then you can get the GTO series on ebayfor abut $40 a pair.. any size.. and the Power Series (better than GTO) for roughly $60/pair. Their Class D amps are awesome for the price. A little limited on features though. Their class A amps are decent, but too expensive from a retailer. Very cheap on Ebay though. As for the subs. The GTi's are amazing! Extreme power handling, but a bit expensive. I use GTO series. They are cheaper than the GTi's and the Power series, but of course, not at good all around. Decently clean, and loud for cheap. For your first upgrade, i think you will be very pleased with JBL. I AM!!

Moocow16 is offline Master of Puppets

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    i have a pair of jbl 3.5in in my dash. they're not awesome, but they sound decent. i much prefer boston acoustics. see if your local car audio place stocks them and take a listen or 2 to them, see if you like them as much as i.

Tros is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I don't care for their full range speakers (or coponents). Their amps are great. They have a great performance to cost ratio. Their only downfall is that their crossover points kinda stink. As for subwoofers I fell in love with the GTi subs, lol. Later

"A good listener tries to understand thoroughly what the other person is saying. In the end he may disagree sharply, but before he disagrees, he wants to know exactly what it is he is disagreeing with."
    -Kenneth A. Wells

ss3079 is offline Eh Dere Hi Dere Ho-ser

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: JBL speakers???

Originally posted by thenewkid
    I hear a little bit about speakers by JBL how are they for a first car upgrade? How is the price? and are they the type that you can make everything in the car JBL speakers, amps, and subs?
    Their speakers are pretty nice...not a huge fan of their amps, but they are fairly cheap and put out good amounts of power...GTi series subs are alright, dont really have too much SQ...

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab
    Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid
    Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by DJGTSR
    I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

ridered36 is offline Dont bufu rabid squirrels

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Moocow16
    i have a pair of jbl 3.5in in my dash. they're not awesome, but they sound decent. i much prefer boston acoustics. see if your local car audio place stocks them and take a listen or 2 to them, see if you like them as much as i.
    I second Boston Acoustics. My dad just installed some in his truck and they kick ***!!! He did go with JBL GTO's for his 6x9's though.

'84 Chevy K5 Creative Conversions Blazer (super rare!), restored, new paint, new 355, dual exhaust, interior in progress

HU-Pioneer 6400

Front Stage:
    4-Boston RX7 5.25's
    2-Boston RX7 6.5's

Rear fill:
    2-Audiobahn 6.5'

Subs:
    2-Shocker Super Extreme 12's in 11 ft^2 @ 32hz

Soon to come:
    RE 8's
    US 2000X or Tsunami 1800
    1-4 channel
    1-5 channel
    Yellow top
    7 inch screen
    PS2, DVD player, VHS player
    Line driver

Hope to be done around the 1st of the year!!!!

rpeAMP is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Here's a third for Boston Acoustics! My whole car is outfitted with them. The only problem is finding the **** things. I had to look EVERYWHERE and hope that some would pop up on eBay to get a hold of some.

1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD (5 Spd.)
    Pioneer DEH-P6500 Head Unit
    Boston Acoustics ProSeries 4.5 Components (Front)
    Boston Acoustics RX47s (Rear)
    JBL P-80.4 Amp (for front's and rear's)
    Boston Acoustics ProSeries 12.5LF 12" subwoofer
    Alpine MRP-M200 Power Amp (for subwoofer)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by rpeAMP
    Here's a third for Boston Acoustics! My whole car is outfitted with them. The only problem is finding the **** things. I had to look EVERYWHERE and hope that some would pop up on eBay to get a hold of some.
    Yep, if your not willing to pay for them brand new, they are tough to come across.

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid
    Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14
    I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

rpeAMP is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by ss3079
    Yep, if your not willing to pay for them brand new, they are tough to come across.

- Steve
    That was my problem though, I wanted them so bad I was willing to pay whatever...it's just that I couldn't find anywhere in my area that sold them (San Antonio, TX). I even e-mailed Boston to try to get dealer locations because their online database was outdated, and when the rep called me, we couldn't find anyone and Boston doesn't sell direct!

1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD (5 Spd.)
    Pioneer DEH-P6500 Head Unit
    Boston Acoustics ProSeries 4.5 Components (Front)
    Boston Acoustics RX47s (Rear)
    JBL P-80.4 Amp (for front's and rear's)
    Boston Acoustics ProSeries 12.5LF 12" subwoofer
    Alpine MRP-M200 Power Amp (for subwoofer)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, they are a major pain in the *** if you dont know where to look(or no dealers in your area).

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14

Closed Thread

User Tag List