Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Some things you should know about Spectrum

ifandorbuts is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Some things you should know about Spectrum

Hello all.
    This is an informal thread to let you guys know what to expect from Spectrum in the next few weeks.

I created Spectrum to handle vibrations from the road, and unwanted cabin noise from your cars engine, and exhaust.

Spectrum has been designed to go on flat and vertical surfaces. NOTHING UPSIDE-DOWN!
    This material will not due well on your trunk lid & ceiling for several reasons.
    1. It is VERY heavy. I selected foam that will absorb and block the most amount of noise. Because of this it is very thick and very heavy. The weight of the foam is one of its down falls.
    2. Trunk lids are irregularly shaped. It will be hard to apply a single layer of Spectrum to your trunk lid with out cutting up the foam to match it up with the contours of your trunk lid.
    3. Trunk lid gets hot. This material has a higher resistance to heat than most mats out there, but after time will loose it aggressive adhesion when exposed to too much heat.

Places I suggest Spectrum to be use:

1. Cabin floor
    2. Trunk floor
    3. Top rear dash
    4. Back side of all plastic panels
    5. Inner door skins (hollow area)
    5. Outer door skins

This material should no go on your trunk lid, ceiling, and bottom of rear dash or hood.
    I know this is somewhat restrictive, but due to the nature of this material and the tests I have run I feel that you should be informed before you buy

Thanks for reading

ANT

mattj is offline Resonant Engineering

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm, you have got a 2nd email...

(SUMMER)
    2001 Ford Mustang GT Premium
    Mach460
    Alpine CDA-9835