Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Anyone familiar with Acura MDX's, please come and help!!

ls1pimp is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Anyone familiar with Acura MDX's, please come and help!!

I am getting a 2003 Acura MDX w/ the premium sound system and have a few questions. I am taking the RE XXX out of my old car and sticking it in this thing, but I have no idea what to do with the rest of the system.

1. Would my system sound good enough with just leaving everything in there (stock headunit, stock speakers etc) and putting the XXX and sub amp in there?

2. Is there an auxiliary port or cd changer port on this car's stock headunit? That i could attach an ipod adapter wire to or something?

3. If I decide to change the speakers out, would I need to buy like 6 new speakers and a new head unit?

Basically, it sounds like it will cost a ton to redo the entire system. My old car was cheap because all i did was throw in 2 speakers and a new head unit, but this thing, i can't only run 2 speakers in it since its an SUV. Will it sound good with all stock equipment + an Re XXX?

Thanks guys!

kenbei is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Anyone familiar with Acura MDX's, please come and help!!

I did an 01 MDX for my friend a few months ago...

There is great amp space where you store the headrests (rear compartment). I swapped out the HU for an eclipse single din, she has the factory nav system so she got a AV Input splitter for a reverse cam. We did diamond audio components in the front off of a kicker amp in the rear, and some cheap alpines in the rears and ran them off the deck.

The sub was a swap for a slim line 10" fit perfect in the factory 10" spot.

Since your doing a XXX I assume your not going for stealth. . . .

1. Bose *****... that should answer your question

2. Yup, plenty of adapters for that deck. Do a search and you should find some, do you have the factory nav or not?

3. You could just do the speakers, but it would probably sound like crap, amp them. You wouldn't have to do all 6, just a decent component set should do you, and amp it.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kenbei View Post
    I did an 01 MDX for my friend a few months ago...

There is great amp space where you store the headrests (rear compartment). I swapped out the HU for an eclipse single din, she has the factory nav system so she got a AV Input splitter for a reverse cam. We did diamond audio components in the front off of a kicker amp in the rear, and some cheap alpines in the rears and ran them off the deck.

The sub was a swap for a slim line 10" fit perfect in the factory 10" spot.

Since your doing a XXX I assume your not going for stealth. . . .

1. Bose *****... that should answer your question

2. Yup, plenty of adapters for that deck. Do a search and you should find some, do you have the factory nav or not?

3. You could just do the speakers, but it would probably sound like crap, amp them. You wouldn't have to do all 6, just a decent component set should do you, and amp it.
    nah, i don't care about stealth at all. Here is the problem, in my old car I have a pair of CDT components being ran with an elemental designs 2 channel amp. If i yank the amp out and just buy a new set of components, can I run the old components off of an eclipse 5444 head unit? (the reason im asking is i only have 2 speakers in my old car, and im sure the guy who buys it doesn't want a car with no working sound system, so i need to figure something out) Im not sure if that head unit has a pre-amp or not. Plus the tweeters are kind of glued into the doors, and it would cost more to buy another set of speakers to stick in my old car to sell it.

Also, no, no navigation.

What if i just bought a set of components for the front, and used the stockers in the back? How would that sound?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bmxbikes View Post
    Take your nine.1 and the cdt components and go to walmart and buy some durabrand speakers. They are basically replacement stock speakers and are like 10 bucks each.
    the problem is the stupid *** place that installed my CDT's actually glued the tweeters into the stock tweeter spot. And it just doesn't even seem worth the trouble to try to rip the speakers out and stick new ones in, and then have to go and buy new tweeters when they only cost me like 150 bucks anyway. Plus I think there is something wrong with the tweeters, they play frequencies way too low for tweeters which makes a lot of distortion at high volumes, which is strange since they are hooked up to the crossover they came with.

Also, i have an eclipse 5444 headunit, I heard that it doesn't even have any pre-amps, meaning you can't run speakers off the head unit itself? I really don't care abotu the speakers because they aren't that great, i just care about the speaker amp mainly (Speaker amp is the Nine.2, the Nine 1 is for the Re XXX). The CDTs sound really nice, but at high volumes they distort because of the tweeters. I definately would buy another pair of CDTs again because they sound so awesome, but im not sure why mine do this at high volumes.

Closed Thread