Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Gathering supplies...

Well, it has started. My build for a basic upgrade in my 2003 Sentra SE-R SpecV is underway. The HU (Pioneer Premier DEH-P580MP) has arrived, and I have selected my speakers (Hertz ESK 165) for the doors.

Last night, I revamped the very basic system in my brother's 98 Cherokee, which I used to own. Since he has a single 10 in the back, we swapped out the older RF 250a2 that was bridged to run it and swapped in another older RF amp, a 100a2. Once properly tuned, it sounded fine. I also upgraded his 6.5s all around (from factory) to Alpine TypeS in the front and basic Pioneers in the rear. These run off of the Pioneer DEH-P77R HU. The GOOD part about this is that in trade for this, I scavenged all of the 4 gauge Esoteric wire, the RF 4-gang fused d-block, some nice RCAs, and an old run of 12 gauge speaker wire that used to go to Infinity components in the front doors. I replaced the 12+ battery wire with smaller gauge cable, and removed the unsed component wiring altogether.

I now have about 20 feet of 4 gauge power wire, plenty of 12 gauge speaker wire, and a nice, fused D-block, in the event that I need it (right now I will have a 1-amp system, for the time being). He has a better-sounding setup than before, and has less random wiring snaking through the car.

Now all that I need to do is to get the components and to INSTALL all of this stuff. After I get the amp installed to run the components, it will be time to choose a sub, build a box, and figure out whether I want to run one amp (4-channel) or to go to a second (dedicated) amp for the sub.

Oh well, one step at a time...

phenryiv1 is offline Custom user title

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Re: Gathering supplies...

Ahhh, 1/0 for the big 3 arrived...getting closer...

Closed Thread

User Tag List