Closed Thread

Reload Thread: sub and amp help

ledzepp is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sub and amp help

I'm looking to upgrade my current system. I'm looking to spend about 600 for the subs and amp. I have 2.5 ft^3 to work with in my trunk. I was thinking maybe one good quality 12 ported, or two 12s or 10s sealed. I'm going for about 50/50 spl/sq. I also don't want an amp that will kill my alternator, ( take into consideration I have a 300 watt orion powering my front and rear speakers ). I was thinking maybe a brahma ported, but I don't know if my alternator will handle an amp that will push it, I was also thinking the new e12A, but I don't know that I trust the reputation enough, or i was thinking of upgrading my 2 12w0s to the new 12w3v2s. Amp wise I'd like to stay to an efficient class D, or a high quality 2 channel. I currently have an alpine MRD-300 that puts out 300 watts at 2 ohms, so I could add another for a two sub setup, or for a dual 2 ohm sub if that is possible. Any suggestions you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

I also would like to say that I have a 2 jl12w0's and an alpine MRD-3000 amp that I am willing to sell if I get what I want for it.

jjoven1225 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    you want 50/50 sq/spl.. get 2-he2 with rockford bd500.1(600 RMS)... i heard he2 myself and it sound really good.. you can get it less than $600

Lexus IS300

MikeofTulsa is offline The one and Only!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    my recomendation other than all fosgate......not going to get into that w/ jjovon right now.......2 shivas and a jbl 600.1.....sealed box......good luck.....

Tros is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    2 Shiva's might need a little bigger box, but they would also sound great. Something with a little bit less SQ but better wiring flexibility would be a couple of 12" Kicker Comp VR's. With a little bit of work these subs can provide adequate SQ.

"A good listener tries to understand thoroughly what the other person is saying. In the end he may disagree sharply, but before he disagrees, he wants to know exactly what it is he is disagreeing with."
    -Kenneth A. Wells

Closed Thread