Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LOC vs Speaker level input

I currently have the amp for my front speakers wired via the speaker level inputs (equipment in my sig). To get good volume I have to have the gains up pretty high on the amp. This wouldn't be an issue except that the line out from the Kenwood goes to the line in on the Blaupunkt powering my sub. The amount of power put out by the line out on the Kenwood is affected by the gain settings; i.e. the gain knob adjusts from 5V in to .2V in, and the line out outputs whatever the gain knob is set to (so with the gain set to .2V, for example, that's what comes out of the line out, according to Kenwood tech support). So when I turn the gain up on the Kenwood to hear the Xtecs, I can't hear the sub, even with the Blaupunkt's gains turned all the way up.

Now the question: Would using an LOC in place of speaker level inputs make it possible to run lower gain settings on the Kenwood? Sorry if this is confusing. I'm trying to describe it as clearly as possible.

Current setup:
    2005 Mazda6 (non-Bose)
    Head Unit: Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X790 with iPod adapter and steering wheel control adapter
    Front Stage: Exile Xtec 6.5" (thanks Towncar) Kenwood 8402 (bridged to 180wrms x 2)
    Rear Fill: Kenwood KFC-C6879ie (rear on deck power)
    Subwoofer: Infinity Reference 1040w 10" sub in a sealed enclosure Blaupunkt PCA2120 bridged to 300wrms
    Future plans:
    deadening on doors

Suomi is offline clutch pedal required

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: LOC vs Speaker level input

Never mind. I went ahead and picked up an LOC and it cured what ailed me.

Current setup:
    2005 Mazda6 (non-Bose)
    Head Unit: Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X790 with iPod adapter and steering wheel control adapter
    Front Stage: Exile Xtec 6.5" (thanks Towncar) Kenwood 8402 (bridged to 180wrms x 2)
    Rear Fill: Kenwood KFC-C6879ie (rear on deck power)
    Subwoofer: Infinity Reference 1040w 10" sub in a sealed enclosure Blaupunkt PCA2120 bridged to 300wrms
    Future plans:
    deadening on doors

Closed Thread

User Tag List