Closed Thread

Reload Thread: infinity basslink hookup in explorer

panteramatt is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

infinity basslink hookup in explorer

So my old lady has an 97 explorer limited and has the sub in the back. Well its been blown and Im looking for an easy and cheap replacement. Do I have to run wires from the battery or will this hook up to the factory system? Is the basslink 2 worth the extra $?

mattmcss is offline Shake that laffy taffy

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: infinity basslink hookup in explorer

most people will tell you, including me, your better off to get a seperate amp and subwoofer, than you are to get the basslink.

Do you have a budget that you want to stay with ?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

NO. but she doesnt even care or want anything and I just want a little more bass. I dont want to take up much room and I want to see if I can hook up the basslink without using a amp install kit.

Pyro_By_Nature is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The basslink actually isn't that bad, and can add some ok bass.Granted you could get much more performance for the same price, we won't dwell on that.

No you can not.The basslink's amplifier draws too much current for the factory wiring (even if you could locate a proper power source in the back).I don't remember what gauge it is exactly, 18-22 gauge.

Either way, I'd recommend an 8 gauge amp kit.Explorers are EXTREMELY easy vehicles to work on.

Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction. - Bob Marley
    2005 Subaru WRX
    1990 Honda CRX Si

Refs.: NHustlar, t00p, Kenny Pollock, vitveet, defj., mendon99, trevor87, saltyreefguy, willster, Iammurph, Dimensions684, kungfoojesus, karleon, bonestock, highhorsepwr, digital_ripper04, scottie johnson, stevew007, slammed, joshs98runner, PBateman, Sakura, duece212, mtx11, dirtye30, queball, audioarsonal, KHARPS. Not including box designs.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So all I would have to do is run some 8 gage wire from the battery with an inline fuse, hook up a ground and some rca's? How do I hook it up to the stock radio cause she had acd changer and wants to keep it.

Pyro_By_Nature is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes.

The basslink gives you two options for giving it signal. Hi-level inputs (from the speakers) or RCA's.I'm not sure, but I think it'll turn on/off with the signal if you use hi level inputs.

If not, just buy a simple line out converter, problem solved.You still might need a remote turn on lead.I haven't hooked up a basslink in a LONG time.

Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction. - Bob Marley
    2005 Subaru WRX
    1990 Honda CRX Si

Refs.: NHustlar, t00p, Kenny Pollock, vitveet, defj., mendon99, trevor87, saltyreefguy, willster, Iammurph, Dimensions684, kungfoojesus, karleon, bonestock, highhorsepwr, digital_ripper04, scottie johnson, stevew007, slammed, joshs98runner, PBateman, Sakura, duece212, mtx11, dirtye30, queball, audioarsonal, KHARPS. Not including box designs.

Closed Thread