Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Need some advice from you guys! On a new install!

StressFracture is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Need some advice from you guys! On a new install!

Hey guys and Gals,

I just purchased a new Dodge Quad Cab 1500. I am wanting to improve the sound system without taking up any passenger room (darn kids). I am looking at replacing the factory radio with a single CD/MP3 player and replacing the 4 factory speakers and adding two dash speakers.

Any advice would be welcome. Most of the radios I have been looking at only have 4 outputs. Can I use one of those outputs to run the dash speakers and run the other output into an amp to run the door speakers? It has been a while since I have fooled with this stuff.

Thanks,
    Stress

badazzDD is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    what is your setup right now? The only dodges ive seen were a ram wth 6 1/2's up front, tweeters in the a pillars and 5 1/4's in the back..

If it were me, get a nice premier head unit run the new dash speakers (probabily 3 1/2's or 4's al youll be able to fit) off the amp, and then get a very nice pair of components up front and run off of and exernal amp.. or you can get creative and add in some 10's.. get a custom box made underneath the extended cab seat.. i know a couple of peole with that.. tis very nice..

Corsica is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Run ur front pre-amp for ur dash and hook everything else up norm ally. You'lll need a small amp for them not to overpower the other **** but it will work.

J

"A man doesnt win a war by dying for his country. He does it by making the other poor dumb son of a beyotch die for his." Patton

No system installed, but getting all the parts together.

J

taylor is offline THUNDER TUNES IS A FLAMER

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i myself would do a nice set of components in the doors, and replace the rears with a coaxial..... buy a nice h.u. with 4 volt preouts (ALPINE OR PREMIER) then to keep it simple a 5 channel amp....run a single 10 or 8 off of the sub channel and your components and coaxials off of the the other channels.....Why amplification for front and rear speakers you ask???? well h.u. power is very dirty power....it may advertise 50 watts, but realistically it's like 10 watts undistorted...oh and you won't need dash speakers....your staging should be fine for your listening from the doors....and keep your rears almost quiet from the front.....Music naturally comes from the front, not the back.....(Techinically everything should be from up front, even the sub....but subs get tricky to fit upfront...although i managed to do it....

StressFracture is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I don't know if I am going to add a sub or not. I know I can never get truly great bass with 6 1/2" door speakers but If all I was going to do is replace the factory door speakers front and back and add a new Head Unit with MP3 capabilities what would you suggest. O and amp..

taylor is offline THUNDER TUNES IS A FLAMER

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    go and listen to see what you like, i reccomend alpine's type r components, and a type r 10 inch sub, with maybe some sort of 5 channel amp if you get the sub, if no sub then get an alpine 4 channel....bass is not meant to be reproduced by midrange speakers...get a sub....even an 8 inch sub would fill out your low end better than 6.5's...

Closed Thread

User Tag List