Closed Thread

Reload Thread: MB Quart and Maxxonics

ronrex1 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

MB Quart and Maxxonics

I am in the Market for a set of MB Quart PCE-216's. What sold me on this brand is when I auditioned them at my local dealer compared to all the many brands they had on display the MB Quarts had the flattest smoothest sound. No accentuated Highs or Lows. They also sounded extremely clear, and compared to the other brands they sounded more like a Home Audio speaker. I currently own Focal Polyglass 6 1/2 Components which I personally preferred to the Utopias, and I will have to say the MB Quart Speaker that I heard has got to be hands down (THE BEST) car audio speaker. The salesman told me that over the years that have a reputation of being (THE BEST).You could tell the speakers were definitely WELL MADE. Yes, they are not cheap but neither are Focals but I think with the MB Quart you are getting more than what you pay for.I had heard of the MB Quart name, but had never auditioned any. Well when I got ready to buy them I called the local dealer and he said they no longer carry MB Quart because the quality has went way down since they were bought buy Rockford Fosgate and there most recent acquisition by Maxxonics USA. I did call another dealer in my area and they strongly denied these claims of there quality being not the same since the acquisition by Maxxonics. The dealer that still carries MB Quart told me that these speakers are still German designed and Hand Built at the Obrigheim facility.My question is has anyone purchase thes speakers this year and if so have they notice a decline in there sound qualty or heard of this?

Thanks

OldOneEye is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: MB Quart and Maxxonics

Part of the reason that former dealers are pissed is that having the company sold twice is very disruptive and people just gave up on the brand. The quality is still there, made by the same guys who always make the stuff in Germany.

Juan

Closed Thread