Now... this thread MAY belong on the MOBILE VIDEO board... but since my question involves a head unit, and more people come to this board, I decided to post here.

I know I should have just bought a head unit that plays DVD's in the first place... I just couldn't resist the p840!!! Now that I have it, I want to get a seperate DVD player. How would it be possible to use BOTH??? I've been looking mainly at Pioneer's DVD changer (XDV-P90) and some other "under-seat/custom mountable" DVD players. If I bought the Pioneer changer, could I somehow use it through my p840 head unit??? Or do I have to buy some sort of extra and EXPENSIVE A/V receiver so that I'll get picture AND sound.

I'm not sure if I'm making any sense here but this one comment on the Pioneer website, concerning the changer, scared me into thinking that I can't use the changer in combo with the head unit ---> "Combine it with a Pioneer A/V master unit and you can select and play either audio or video discs."

BUT..... it also says ---> "External Control by any IP-Bus Headunit" AND "Optional Remote Control & Sensor for Stand Alone Use"..... the p840 is, in fact, an IP-Bus headunit... it's features read ---> "IP-Bus System Control
-MCD Control
-TV Tuner Control
-Auxiliary Input (CD-RB10 or CD-RB20 required)
-2 External Unit Control"

... THIS makes me think that I CAN run the changer off of the headunit and everything would be fine and dandy with picture AND sound!!!

PLEASE HELP A CLUELESS SOUL AND EXPLAIN ALL THIS TO ME AND IF WHETHER OR NOT I'LL BE ABLE TO USE THE P840 AND THE CHANGER IN UNISON... THANX A MILLION!!!!!