Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Alpine IVA-W200/PXA-H701 need more outputs

CBRworm is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alpine IVA-W200/PXA-H701 need more outputs

I have a W200, and an H701 connected by fibre and ai-net cable.

I am currently running a 4 way active setup for the front stage and sub.

Everything is great except that I want to add rear fill, and possibly DTS/Prologic decoding to the rear.

Currently I am using the
    front1 outputs for tweeter UR1
    Front2 outputs for mids UR3
    Rear ouputs for mid/bass UR6.5
    Sub/Center outputs JL10W3

there are no more outputs left. I would consider combining some of the front channels and using a passive crossover except that the speaker mounting points require very different time correction for each driver. Unless I moved the tweets into the kick panels with the midrange

Is there any way to get more rca outputs from this setup? Can the RCA's coming out of the deck be enabled somehow?

The best I can come up with is to run the rear speaker set full range from the H701, then split it to two amps - one running lowpass to the front doors, the other running full-range to another set of coax or components in the back. The problem with that is that the time alignment in the back would be totally hosed.

Is there some other external time alignment box? Can I connect a second H701 - if so would I be able to control it with the h701 or would I need to get the faceplate. Would there be volume control issues?

Another option that I don't want to do is to lose the front mids. The 6.5 is very capable of running the full range up to the tweeter at reasonable volumes.

Give me your thoughts!

'06 G35 6MT Sedan - now bose free -- Alpine IVA-W200 w/ H701, C701, and TR7

DLS Iridium IR3 and IR1 and Adire Extremis 6.8 front stage
    Arc Audio 4150XXk for mids and tweets
    Arc Audio 4150XXK Bridged for all 4 midbass's
    Adire Extremis 6.8 back doors for added kick.
    JL12W6V2 in a 1cf sealed w/ PDX1.1000
    everythings deadened.

Refs: Bodegabay, 250+ (100%) on ebay with same username.

04 CBR1000RR - SOUND SYSTEM BY MICRON

6spdcoupe is offline tends to get a bit cranky

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Alpine IVA-W200/PXA-H701 need more outputs

Just leave out the rears completely. IF you must have em..HU power. Although they are Terrible in that car either way.

DVI-9990/TMI-M990/PXI-H990
    TRU Billet 2200 ..Dyn Esotar 1200
    TRU Billet 4100 ..Dyn Esotar110/Esotar430
    TRU Billet 4100 ..DYN MD182s

Refs:
    Way to many to list, seriously. I lost count when it passed 100

T3mpest is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

IMO, using rear fill sorta defeats the purpose of a 4 way active setup with the
    h701. I'd skip the rear fill, anyone interested in SQ would set in the front seat anyway, you'll certainly never be back there.

CBRworm is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know. For SQ I would turn off the rears.

I was just in a friends IS350 he put in Vifa XT25's (the smaller flange) and Morel 6.5's in the front doors using the stock mid location for the tweeter and the stock midbass location for the 6.5 - he used good components to make the crossovers. He kept the rear speakers installed and connected. It sounded really good for mostly stock equipment. I realized that I liked the presence of the back speakers. Listening to them by themselves they were lacking in musicality compared to the new front setup, but just having a little bit of sound back there definately added something.

I have a set of Type X 6.5 components sitting in my garage that I was originally going to use for the front. It would be real easy to put them in the back of the car. I had hoped to be able to time correct the back speakers as well so they would add to the sound and not cause any phasing/cancellation issues.

I do have people in the back of the car pretty often, and frequently get comments about my back speakers not working. Not that I really car about the people in the back.

Maybe I should just put them in my wifes car and forget about it.

'06 G35 6MT Sedan - now bose free -- Alpine IVA-W200 w/ H701, C701, and TR7

DLS Iridium IR3 and IR1 and Adire Extremis 6.8 front stage
    Arc Audio 4150XXk for mids and tweets
    Arc Audio 4150XXK Bridged for all 4 midbass's
    Adire Extremis 6.8 back doors for added kick.
    JL12W6V2 in a 1cf sealed w/ PDX1.1000
    everythings deadened.

Refs: Bodegabay, 250+ (100%) on ebay with same username.

04 CBR1000RR - SOUND SYSTEM BY MICRON

6spdcoupe is offline tends to get a bit cranky

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBRworm View Post
    I know. For SQ I would turn off the rears.

I was just in a friends IS350 he put in Vifa XT25's (the smaller flange) and Morel 6.5's in the front doors using the stock mid location for the tweeter and the stock midbass location for the 6.5 - he used good components to make the crossovers. He kept the rear speakers installed and connected. It sounded really good for mostly stock equipment. I realized that I liked the presence of the back speakers. Listening to them by themselves they were lacking in musicality compared to the new front setup, but just having a little bit of sound back there definately added something.

I have a set of Type X 6.5 components sitting in my garage that I was originally going to use for the front. It would be real easy to put them in the back of the car. I had hoped to be able to time correct the back speakers as well so they would add to the sound and not cause any phasing/cancellation issues.

I do have people in the back of the car pretty often, and frequently get comments about my back speakers not working. Not that I really car about the people in the back.

Maybe I should just put them in my wifes car and forget about it.
    Exactly what I do, there has yet to be a person in the rear seats of my G. Although my children have been...

DVI-9990/TMI-M990/PXI-H990
    TRU Billet 2200 ..Dyn Esotar 1200
    TRU Billet 4100 ..Dyn Esotar110/Esotar430
    TRU Billet 4100 ..DYN MD182s

Refs:
    Way to many to list, seriously. I lost count when it passed 100

Closed Thread