Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Anti-Theft Idea???

PureReKoP is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Anti-Theft Idea???

So this has made me come up with a very smart idea to avoid getting jacked if you have your equipment in trunk.

Load the Big *** Box that barley fit's height wise so you have to force it by pushing.( Mine is like this atm) Now go Home Depot/ Lowes find some kind of thick metal that is 30'40 inches that has hole's in some where along the whole thing or edge's. Now you get 4 master lock's and lock these metal peices in a square around your box)

So they wont be able to pull the box out of the trunk because the square around the box is blocking it from comming out.This idea would seriously delay them and they would make a shitload of noise trying to break the lock's plus the amp is behind b ox so they cant even touch it.

What you guys think?

if you Want to get real serious bolt this metal down to the car or even make 2/3/4/5/ Squares around box with tons of master lock's.

Im gonna go to Home Depot tomorrow and try and find the metal to this, and build one, Ill post pic's tomorrow sometime.

Lemme know if anybody think's this will work or has thought of a way to get by it, I cant seem to find a way to get by it if they cant lift the box over the sub if it barley fit's in the trunk.

No flames please, Serious Idea's Please.

Pickler is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Anti-Theft Idea???

what kinda car do u have?

DDc 6.5" comps
    4 Sundown e8s

refs-
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4720749

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pickler View Post
    what kinda car do u have?
    97 Tbird Trunk is large in width but height is short, brb Ill go take pics of a example of what I mean with my ****.

azbass is offline the salty ca.com mod

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yeah or you can bolt the box down, etc. like we normaly do at my shop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im not sure about the tbirds. But is the trunk seperate from the car? or is it like a hatchback?

DDc 6.5" comps
    4 Sundown e8s

refs-

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pickler View Post
    Im not sure about the tbirds. But is the trunk seperate from the car? or is it like a hatchback?
    Seperate and you cant get in through backseat this idea is impossible to get through unless you have atleast a hour and can get away with it while your making a shitload of noise.

wlmrs is offline Realm Of Excursion

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have an alarm,I also dis-engaged the trunk release switch so you have to use a key to get in.Oh yeah and my seat folds down but I took the handle off so a thief cannot open it properly in a timely manner,however I can open it within seconds.I say it's all about getting to know your car and what you can do to prevent (slow down)theft without getting too crazy.I'm still working on a locking mechanism for the hood,let me know of ideas.

1999 Chevy Cavalier 2dr
    Alpine CDA-9883
    Cadence CWM-6Kit components
    Hifonics Zrx3000.1D/Hifonics Zrx500.2
    Orion H2 15.2 sub
    Kicker 1/0 Pkd1 kit Hyper Flex/Optima Yellow Top/Powemax 220 amp H.O.alt under the hood
    Big 3 done in Knu 1/0 Kolossus Fleks Kable and two runs of 1/0 to the trunk
    REFS:snb778
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/170853-wlmrs-good-guy-do-business-quick-response.html

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click pic to enlarge and see what I mean.
    Imagine Bar is metal, and tool box is on both side's and is also metal with masterlocks around it and also a bar in back.

As you can see the box has less then half a centimter of room and the box cant evem come of that trunk with that little 3' wide bar in pushed the end of the trunk.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wlmrs View Post
    I have an alarm,I also dis-engaged the trunk release switch so you have to use a key to get in.Oh yeah and my seat folds down but I took the handle off so a thief cannot open it properly in a timely manner,however I can open it within seconds.I say it's all about getting to know your car and what you can do to prevent (slow down)theft without getting too crazy.I'm still working on a locking mechanism for the hood,let me know of ideas.
    Get a thick chain and bolt it somewhere, hook it to something on the head latch in their and leave enough slack so you can open the hood 4-6 inches and put a master lock on the end and unlock it.

I myself would just remove this everytime I take my car out and add it when I leave it.

They could try and jiggle the end off but the chain prolly would have to much weight to get enough lift on it on the other end.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Any of this making sense to anybody??? Havent really gotten any feedback on the
    idea.

90accordman is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if i as a thief and i ot toa car like that can ouldnt get the box out fast i'd either 1 take the subs out with a screwdriver, doesnt take thatlong or 2 which most will do, punch big holes in them, with the attiude that if i cant take them nobody is getting them. Alarm for the winman instead of that unnessesary bullshit.

BTW how many people know you have a system. If someone steals it, its probably a freind, unless your bumping through res

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/278847-90accordman-feedback.html

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 90accordman View Post
    if i as a thief and i ot toa car like that can ouldnt get the box out fast i'd either 1 take the subs out with a screwdriver, doesnt take thatlong or 2 which most will do, punch big holes in them, with the attiude that if i cant take them nobody is getting them. Alarm for the winman instead of that unnessesary bullshit.

BTW how many people know you have a system. If someone steals it, its probably a freind, unless your bumping through res
    If people seriously would **** someone else's hardwork up because they cant steal them thats just pathetic. Even more pathetic people steal. MY **** WILL BE UNSTEALABLE *****E'S I just thought of a ****ing brillant way, I make 4 stacks of this **** just unlock the peice in the fromt of sub, through them in backseat and attach them when Im done, cant touch my subs then.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 90accordman View Post

I have no friend's LOL I just moved back with my mom across state.\

A alarm cant stop nobody a good theif will disable it less then 20 second's. My idea which I will build tomorrow seem's bullet proof. Anyways if I buy 16 peice's 16 Master Lock's think maybe a few of you could send me 5$ or so for effort and work. Ill show end result regardless if I get help or not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yea i cant really tell if its a good idea or bad idea yet. Pics will definatly help. I wish I had a car sometimes because in an SUV, its soooo easy to steal stuff.

DDc 6.5" comps
    4 Sundown e8s

refs-

wlmrs is offline Realm Of Excursion

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Doesn't this sound a little overboard.You act like you got bags of money and diamonds in your trunk.Hey but if that's what you wanna do then great.Hope it works out for ya.

1999 Chevy Cavalier 2dr
    Alpine CDA-9883
    Cadence CWM-6Kit components
    Hifonics Zrx3000.1D/Hifonics Zrx500.2
    Orion H2 15.2 sub
    Kicker 1/0 Pkd1 kit Hyper Flex/Optima Yellow Top/Powemax 220 amp H.O.alt under the hood
    Big 3 done in Knu 1/0 Kolossus Fleks Kable and two runs of 1/0 to the trunk
    REFS:snb778
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/170853-wlmrs-good-guy-do-business-quick-response.html

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast