SO my brother and I are having a "Budget Build Contest" in our VW Jetta's. I have picked out some equipment and I am going to lay out the rules for everyone. Opinions and reccomendations are welcome.
1.$500 total money spent for equipment, wiring, and box.
2. Must be purchased on eBay and HAS TO BE NEW IN BOX.
3. Must be installed by us,neatly, safely and clean, no shops no professionals.
4. Must be able to provide all receipts
5. Can not be an off brand like Cuspid, VR3, or anything like those.
6. Everything has to be in factory locations.
7. Seperate amps for mids/highs and sub
8. Factory HU is ok.
Ihave chosen the following items, let me know what you think....
2 Crossfire D600, one for mids/highs one for sub. $74.00 each shipped
DLS Classic 6.5" component set. $139.00 shipped
Kicker 4 ga.Wiring kit with RCA's for 2 amps $60.00 shipped
Single 10"/12" sub box $50 shipped
I am left with $103 for a sub shipped and am in need of some recommendations. I have till August 18th to have this installed and ready to go. A friend of ours does a lot of home theater installs and has an A.C. RTA. He is going to test them for us and check the installs out.
Like I said any/all help is appreciated.