Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Power Question

Geminidj2000 is offline The Bad Luck Kid

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Power Question

2 power questions 1. how would i get 4 12 with single voice coils to brige to 4 ohms 300 each with the sony 1200 watt mono amp? and how could i get my amp to 1 ohm? 2.i have stock altenator in my 1989 legend right now i have a jensen amp on full mode( since so low power) and ever so often at night my battery light flashes for a sec do i need a new alternator if i wanna handel a d-class with light on during the day its fine well post how u think i should set this up so i can get 4 speakers 4ohms at 300watts each and not kill my batterie

n2audio is offline OPTIDRIVEN

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The sony puts out 1200 watts at 1 ohm which means you need to create a 1 ohm load with your 4 4 ohm subs. It's a very simple wiring process.

Just like this:

http://www.jlaudio.com/tutorials/wiring/4svc.html

Geminidj2000 is offline The Bad Luck Kid

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    thx alot now about the power how much is needed to handel a class d amp is it that much more then lets say a 2 channel amp can someone explain this to me and icve seen its better to just to use 1 batterie for 2 amps and up grade the altenator im trying to get 3000 watts thruout the whole car so im probably not only going to have to get 2 of those 1200 watt amps but also a 880 watt 4 channel for the inside how can i get my car to handel all that power and sorry for asking all these questions but what im planning to do is get a 4 sub box
    custom made and then make awood over box so only 2 of the speakers are showing and putting the capicitators on the sides and putting like shag carpet over the wood and spray painting it the color of my car (I just got in a car accident a minet ago and theres skratches so ill probaby get it repainted) then i was going toraise my trunk a little with the wood and put my amps over my spare tire and put plexi glass over them so u could see them then i was gonna get 2 more subs ill have to break my whole sont system for this cause im going to get my other amp pussing those at 600 watts each rms that would be 2400 total ann i wai thing if i had any more space that i woul try and fasten 4 tweeters over the box and have the finall 600 watts going to mid and high range sounds for that . for this im going to need 3 amps 2 of them d class how may amps from the battery is that gonna take and what altenators do yall recomend

Closed Thread