Closed Thread

Reload Thread: My New Install, I feel the bass but don't hear it?

SpeeDFX is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My New Install, I feel the bass but don't hear it?

Got my first install done today (in my 94' Accord) . Pioneer p740-mp, Jbl 1200.1 and P80.4, Infinity kappas up front and rear, and two Shivas in the back, in 1.4cf chambers. The highs and mids sound great, but the bass is wierd. The bass is LOUD, and I can feel the bass, but it's almost like I can't hear the note that the subwoofer is making. For instance I was listening to "The Stone" by Dave Mathews band and it has a lot of melodic bass in the background. I could feel the bass a lot and hear the actuall notes a little. Right now my subwoofer box is oriented so that the subwoofers point away from the inside of the car: it I turn it around and face it toward the inside, should I be able to hear more pronounced notes from the subs?

GSteg is offline Custom User Title

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    check if the wires are properly connect and if they are in the right phase. isn't 1.4cubic feet kind of small for those shiva's?

Hello GSteg it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well I had this professionally installed, I wouldn't really know if the wires are connected properly or not . As far as the subwoofer box goes, the Adire Audio technicians recommended 1.3 cf per Shiva, many on the boards recommended 1.5, so I chose a middle ground, 1.4

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by SpeeDFX
    Well I had this professionally installed, I wouldn't really know if the wires are connected properly or not . As far as the subwoofer box goes, the Adire Audio technicians recommended 1.3 cf per Shiva, many on the boards recommended 1.5, so I chose a middle ground, 1.4
    for great output (SQ and more SPL), dan wiggin (founder of adire audio) recommends 2.5 cubic feet. did you calculate the box with the driver's displacement? is the 1.4cubic feet measured with the wood or not?

Hello GSteg it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

paikiah is offline Wangaholic

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    maybe it's cancelling itself out or there's just too much pressure in the enclosure?

:p

btw, I hear so many people talk of shiva... is it a real brand or is it a shortened name like cerwin vega or something? I doubt it's vega's though. I'm in Korea so I don't know all the products available elsewhere in the world...newbie, please understand...:p

Team Caraudio

Sony C90, 210 EQ
    Seas 27TDF/C, RE XXX 6.5, custom xo (dyn 240GT sitting idle)
    RF 60.2 amp
    eD A15.22
    Soundstream picasso 1400.1D

Bass drive-by's are uncool.

khi
    khi is offline Idi Min

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Shiva is what the driver is called....it is made by Adire Audio www.adireaudio.com

Very nice woofers for the amount you pay for them

A highly reccomended woofer for someone on a budget

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Gsteg, are you serious? 2.5? that sounds huge for one shiva. Where did you get this information?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by SpeeDFX
    Gsteg, are you serious? 2.5? that sounds huge for one shiva. Where did you get this information?
    dan wiggins. he is a SQ head though so thats why he recommended sub a big box. 2.0cubic feet would be fine though. the 2.5cubic feet will get an alignment of around .707 which seems to be the perfect number. flat smooth reponses. thats why he likes it 2.5.

shiva's are known to like big boxes.

91Sunbird is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    try going back to the shop u got installed and see if they can do anything. you paid for their service if they did something wrong they will fix it.

Closed Thread