Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Anyone running a single 10"

nambo25 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Anyone running a single 10"

For strictly SQ setup, I was thinking about running a single 10" sealed with around ~300W, but I'm not sure if that will give me enough output. Just wondering if anyone else has had any experience running a single 10" with ~300W or less.

Geminidj2000 is offline The Bad Luck Kid

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was running a sony 10' briged because it pused more then 2 of them with my weak amp it was hitting 170 wattsi mean its coo likeu could here it good on the inside and the truk shook a little 2 almost twice that would be alot i mean not alot but enough like u coul hear it down a blok and your mirror will shke but its not hella loudif u not looking to out due someone its coolyour passengers will be able to feel it on the inside and you sound quality will be better but if someone come up next to u will a real system thell probably drown your sound out

Primetime is offline Senior Hoopster

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am about to do that. I will be running 200watts to it though. I still dont know what kind to get. I am kinda leaning towards either a IDQ or a JLw3.

Where in Dallas do you live? I am in need of a good, yet reasonable priced installer.

D

GSteg is offline Custom User Title

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    if you're going with 10"s for sound quality, i highly recommend you get something that will go low like the pioneer VCCS or the infinity perfects. those will go low enough to reproduce the lower frequencies. if not, get at least a 12". 15" is my favorite though.

Hello GSteg it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

khi
    khi is offline Idi Min

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A single shiva

Amazing, i installed one in my sisters car....itts a smaller car, and sounds awesome, and still maintiains spl!!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey primetime - I live in North Dallas. I plan on taking my car to custom car stereo on Preston and Frankford. They are honest people and they have certified installers. You probably already know this, but DO NOT take you car to Circuit City or Best Buy, or anything similar. I am also considering gettting a 10" IDQ. I'm debating between getting all Adire gear, or all Image Dymanmics. I figure it's kind of a waste of money to get a 10" Brahma if I only want to send it ~300W. What do you guys think?

limitkid7 is offline sell wite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    300 rms... nice 10 - jlw6v2

---
    White Dodge Charger 3.5L V6
    Diablo Predator

Alpine d310 TV
    Set of Focal Polyglass 6.5 Comps
    Set of Infinity Perfect 6.5 Comps
    1 JL Audio 300.4
    1 JL Audio 1000.1
    2 9510 mtx subs

Mark_ab is offline The Alpha Male

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Anyone running a single 10"

Originally posted by nambo25
    For strictly SQ setup, I was thinking about running a single 10" sealed with around ~300W, but I'm not sure if that will give me enough output. Just wondering if anyone else has had any experience running a single 10" with ~300W or less.
    Output will depend on what vehicle it's going into. I did an installation with a single 10 in a 91 Talon, and it was impressively loud with a mere 200W due to the hatch back. The only thing I would be concerned about regarding a 10" is a soft low end.

Is this not a reasonable place to park?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I drive a small 4 door sedan, so I think I might be able to pull off a single 10". The reason I want to go with a 10" is because I would like to get as small a box as possible. I was thinking between .35-.5 cu ft. with polyfill. I'm not sure how much polyfill I would need for a .35 cu ft. box and a 10" IDQ though.

Mark_ab is offline The Alpha Male

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Do the seats fold down?
    What car

Is this not a reasonable place to park?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's a Lexus IS300, and the seats on the 2001 model do not fold down unfortunately. I'm probably going to use a .30 cu ft. enclosure, and I would like to see if I can somehow fit the sub in the cabin somwhere - not sure if this will work or if it's even a good idea though. I was going to get a Brahma 10", but with 300W, I'm wondering if I'll even notice much of a difference in SQ. What do you think? I'm still debating.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    nambo, I was thinknig of custom car stereo in Lewisville. The guy seemed reasonable. The only thing that worries me is having a custom box built for a sub that the store is not used to useing. As you already know the best sub they carry is the MTX. Not what I was thinking of. Earmark car audio is WAY overpriced.

I too am still debating on what sub to go with and what store to have it installed in. I am going to go to a store in Mesquite tom. that carries IDQ. I will get their input on things.

D

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't think you'll have a problem if you go to the Custom Stereo on Preston and Frankford. The first thing he asked me for was the specs on the sub. They'll build you a box based on the specs. I brought my car there when I had engine noise and they fixed it in 20 minutes and only charged my $20. Other places were saying it could take hours to locate the problem (at $40/hr), and custom stereo told me it'll take them no more than an hour to fix, this was before they even looked at my car. Anyways, I have trusted them ever since.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Primtime - what's the best price you found on the IDQ? Where are you planning on getting it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    OMG , today I went to that place in Mesqueite. They are the only ones to carry the IDQ and IDQMAX here in Dallas. That place is in the GHETTO...... but it looked like they did the best quality work I have ever seen. and that MAX WOW WOW~~!! that is a huge sub.

I think I am going to go with a single IDQ 12" in a ported box. I dont now where I am going to purchase it from yet though. That place wanted retail for it. I know I can find it somewhere for less...

Gotta go find it
    D

Closed Thread