Closed Thread

Reload Thread: My amp is driving me insane!

WillyG4444 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My amp is driving me insane!

A couple weeks ago, something happened where my amp would shut on and off. It continued to happen until last night. When it happened I checked the light and it was not going into protect mode at all. Then last night, I reconnected to the ground wire and wire from the battery terminal and I drove around for about 30 minutes and it played perfectly! I was so happy, I figured it was just a loose wire. Today, when I took my car out, the amp wouldn't turn on even when I reconnected the wires to the amp. The amp is a profile AP2000 I belive. It does 960x1 bridged and it's powering a 15L7. Please help me fix this, it's really annoying me.

Oh, and if i remember correctly, you usually get a spark if you tap the ground and battery wires together, and I don't get that anymore. Thanks for the help!

954runner is offline just bumpin my music

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: My amp is driving me insane!

well, if you touched the ground/battery wires together and it sparked, you might wanna check the fuse under the hood. odds are you blew that one. ive done it before . might be why its not even turning on/not sparking anymore

=====================
    ///kyle

head unit eclipse 8445
    front stage diamond audio m651 components
    sub jl 12w3v2 d2
    amp jbl gto 755.6

kotec123 is offline Flame

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

could be ur voltages are dropping low after play and t doesnt turn on untill it charges back up;....only reason i say that is because i have that problem too

TCAB and 2 SI Mag 15"
    2 Kicker kx2500.1
    Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.1
    1/0 all around
    big 3 done in 1/0,Yellow Top d31t.

Refs: spkrman x2,folgrz,bumpngt,belunt,lastcall, gl0ck mikeyboc, rippinitup7, SBLAZER, SWEET06CAMRY, blaze383, tweet02, wackdogg, dB Dom

ebay : kotec123 ....100% feedback.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 954runner
    well, if you touched the ground/battery wires together and it sparked, you might wanna check the fuse under the hood. odds are you blew that one. ive done it before . might be why its not even turning on/not sparking anymore
    Is this the fuse that came with the wiring kit? Or the fuse that came with the actual car. I don't know much about blown fuses and stuff.

Fosgate_sux is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The power cable to your amp connects directly to your battery. Within a foot or so of the battery, on your power cable, there should be some sort of inline fuse holder. It did not come with the car, it was installed when the amp was installed in the car

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh ok. is there any way I could tell if it's blown? Or is it most likely blown? And if it is blown would it have affected anything else on my electrical system?

azngotskills is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WillyG4444
    Oh ok. is there any way I could tell if it's blown? Or is it most likely blown? And if it is blown would it have affected anything else on my electrical system?
    Its blown if the filament in the fuse is black and melted, you just have to look and see. If it was blown it shouldnt have damaged anything else, the fuse is there to protect your system. But if you picked the wrong fuse size, you could have damaged your amp.

2000 Toyota Celica

***under construction***

References:
    6spdcoupe / belunt / SPL140.2 / Loud3 / JoeHemi57 / Megalomaniac / gordos420 / Remus33 / nVRuckus / alann / jdrockafella / gundecker / brypink / QTRHORSE / boostdfoci / foreman / Duke / James Bang / 00maxima / stuckinok / Benilson09 / jester6435 / BLD 25 / jacka / datboiroy / jorginho / bk12321 / meh / OldOneEye ....more to come

Closed Thread