Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 51

Reload Thread: hollywood sound labs????

  1. #16
    SPLaudio's Avatar
    SPLaudio is online now CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    upstate ny
    Posts
    6,602
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)

    Re: hollywood sound labs????

    hollywood sound labs was a buildhouse yrs ago. the made there lowend and mid level subs. the old 80series was the ***** back in the day. so ****** there products were MADE IN THE USA!







  2. #17
    Jaredturp's Avatar
    Jaredturp is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Mexico
    Age
    21
    Posts
    1,228
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Re: hollywood sound labs????

    The name makes them sound SICK bro.



    http://www.mobilesoundworks.com/images/logos/reaudio_logo.gif

    Bought From:Noobtastic14, Mod4000(USACI), Louisiana_CRX, xhilr8n, TeamPSI, loudwhat?

  3. #18
    skadude016's Avatar
    skadude016 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Canton, GA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    7,317
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    13
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: hollywood sound labs????

    ancient thread



    HU:Kenwood Excelon KDC-889
    Speakers: CDT 61A's with rainbow x-overs
    Front amp: Autotek MM100.4
    Sub amp: (2) Audiopipe 1500's
    Subwoofers: (4) 15" Crunch GPV
    Box: 16 cubes tuned to 28hz (removable port)
    Extra Batt: C&D 139AH
    151.xx sealed up 154.xx in the kick

  4. #19
    Jaredturp's Avatar
    Jaredturp is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Mexico
    Age
    21
    Posts
    1,228
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Re: hollywood sound labs????

    Word.



    http://www.mobilesoundworks.com/images/logos/reaudio_logo.gif

    Bought From:Noobtastic14, Mod4000(USACI), Louisiana_CRX, xhilr8n, TeamPSI, loudwhat?

  5. #20
    hslpressure's Avatar
    hslpressure is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    fl
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: hollywood sound labs????

    lol......this is so funny... but check this out! i am the very proud owner of 4 x12' subs from hollywood sound labs and it would be my pleasure to put them up against any other 12' subwoofers of any brand that are in the same power class as me and i but i will come out on top!

    when buying anything first of all you have to remember that alot of us buy stuff becouse of the name( brand ) and a name will cost us more so in that case why pay for a name when we can buy something that dont have a big name and still get satisfaction that we want!!

    hollywood is not a bad brand to the best of my knowledge i have proudly owned 8 different subwoofers from there line 1st 4 of there 1280d's which got stolen sadly!!... now i have 4 of there pro series excursion 12's and with either set i have not been disappointed so if i were you id jump on the band wagon with hollywood sound labs instead of talking down on them!!
    Last edited by hslpressure; 05-31-2010 at 07:10 PM. Reason: word




  6. #21
    Imtjnotu's Avatar
    Imtjnotu is offline Me Gusta Edition



    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    12,520
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)

    Re: hollywood sound labs????

    Quote Originally Posted by hslpressure View Post
    lol......this is so funny... but check this out! i am the very proud owner of 4 x12' subs from hollywood sound labs and it would be my pleasure to put them up against any other 12' subwoofers of any brand that are in the same power class as me and i but i will come out on top!

    when buying anything first of all you have to remember that alot of us buy stuff becouse of the name( brand ) and a name will cost us more so in that case why pay for a name when we can buy something that dont have a big name and still get satisfaction that we want!!

    hollywood is not a bad brand to the best of my knowledge i have proudly owned 8 different subwoofers from there line 1st 4 of there 1280d's which got stolen sadly!!... now i have 4 of there pro series excursion 12's and with either set i have not been disappointed so if i were you id jump on the band wagon with hollywood sound labs instead of talking down on them!!




  7. #22
    snoopdan's Avatar
    snoopdan is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    20,158
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    19
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

    Re: hollywood sound labs????

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky085 View Post
    I have 2 Hollywood sound labs 12's that are black and have green surrounds, the problem is idk how watts they are. Do you know the ratings for them?
    If they are the original HSL series from the 90's i'll be glad to take them off your hands.




  8. #23
    SPLaudio's Avatar
    SPLaudio is online now CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    upstate ny
    Posts
    6,602
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)

    Re: hollywood sound labs????

    i wonder if they are still around as a oem buildhouse but dropped the hsl?




  9. #24
    mcbuggin's Avatar
    mcbuggin is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    smithfield,UT.
    Posts
    630
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: hollywood sound labs????

    I also have 2 of the green holloywood 12's that were new in 92 or 93 so if you want them pm me an offer but keep in mind I don't really want to get rid of them. Also if anyone has a enclosure recomendation for them to run off a PPI Sadona IQX500 i'm listening



    4 hdc3 15's
    2 D9's
    1 bad hair day
    151.X@ 35hz sealed on the dash

  10. #25
    hslpressure's Avatar
    hslpressure is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    fl
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: hollywood sound labs????

    im gonna say this.....yes they are still around and yes of course there still making some of the best product that you'd wonna buy but as for still making subwoofers for others....hmmm... i think not!!.... ( anymore! ).. that is! i think the foucus now is build our own and stop giving away our technology which is a smart move after all the years of building for other companies!!

    and if you wonna know how i know all this... its becouse i did the research!

    and please be on the look out for there products in stores soon....i cant wait how bout you?




  11. #26
    Imtjnotu's Avatar
    Imtjnotu is offline Me Gusta Edition



    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    12,520
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)

    Re: hollywood sound labs????

    Quote Originally Posted by hslpressure View Post
    im gonna say this.....yes they are still around and yes of course there still making some of the best product that you'd wonna buy but as for still making subwoofers for others....hmmm... i think not!!.... ( anymore! ).. that is! i think the foucus now is build our own and stop giving away our technology which is a smart move after all the years of building for other companies!!

    and if you wonna know how i know all this... its becouse i did the research!

    and please be on the look out for there products in stores soon....i cant wait how bout you?
    lawl go market elsewhere hahaha




  12. #27
    keep_hope_alive's Avatar
    keep_hope_alive is offline Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Quad Cities, IL
    Posts
    5,922
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    28
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)

    Re: hollywood sound labs????

    I have a pair of HSL1244SE's with original boxes, still in very good condition. Purchased in 1996 for $75 each. I had four, but two were stolen from a buddy who was borrowing them.

    They are currently in my garage providing low end tunes. I still use them everyday, and they still sound nice.

    Two of them next to a CV Vega124


    tested with the Woofer Tester 3:


    back in 1997:



    have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

    My 2014 Accord build log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?6722-KHA-2014-Accord-Sport-SQ-Factory-Integration
    ***My YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkYUo2EShW9lgtrfXiDvLNQ/videos
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html

  13. #28
    keep_hope_alive's Avatar
    keep_hope_alive is offline Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Quad Cities, IL
    Posts
    5,922
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    28
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)

    Re: hollywood sound labs????

    I do have the original Hollywood Sound Labs spec sheet - from 1996-1997 with all of the models they offered at the time. I can dig that up if anyone is interested...

    of course you are... sorry about the size, i just scanned it in. surprisingly, it was sitting on my basement counter for some reason. if i had to actually look for it you'd be out of luck.






    have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

    My 2014 Accord build log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?6722-KHA-2014-Accord-Sport-SQ-Factory-Integration
    ***My YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkYUo2EShW9lgtrfXiDvLNQ/videos
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html

  14. #29
    snoopdan's Avatar
    snoopdan is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    20,158
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    19
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

    Re: hollywood sound labs????

    Quote Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive View Post
    I have a pair of HSL1244SE's with original boxes, still in very good condition. Purchased in 1996 for $75 each. I had four, but two were stolen from a buddy who was borrowing them.

    They are currently in my garage providing low end tunes. I still use them everyday, and they still sound nice.

    Two of them next to a CV Vega124


    tested with the Woofer Tester 3:


    back in 1997:

    care to sell one of those Hollywoods?




  15. #30
    mcbuggin's Avatar
    mcbuggin is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    smithfield,UT.
    Posts
    630
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: hollywood sound labs????

    well snoopdan i'd say get the ones posted here they are in better shape sorry I didn't get any pics to ya but my kid broke her arm my phone broke and so did my car. Also mine are 5yrs older



    4 hdc3 15's
    2 D9's
    1 bad hair day
    151.X@ 35hz sealed on the dash

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hollywood Sound Labs/Digital opinions?
    By flakko in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-20-2006, 07:29 PM
  2. Common Sound Deadening Terms Made Easy
    By sammy1 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-04-2004, 02:03 AM
  3. Why do my subs sound better like this?
    By venom107 in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-10-2003, 10:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum