Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Lightning Audio vs Ultimate vs Concept vs Lanzar vs Tsunami, what would you choose?!?

nofriends46 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lightning Audio vs Ultimate vs Concept vs Lanzar vs Tsunami, what would you choose?!?

I need a Sub Mono Amp with Sub-sonic filter, remote bass, good for the bucks sorta thing, to push 2 15" L5, i came across with these amps. What would you choose for these subs, my budget is pretty tight, have to save bucks for a box to. I just want my subs move for a daily driver, not competing! Everyone thinks i'm competing here! Opinions i need!

Here are the amps, what would you choose!!!

1. Tsunami DB1100D $311w/ship 2nday UPS at audio-warehouse.com, Someone tested it, at 14.4volts it did 1256watts @ 1ohm. But the thing is not to much people are using these, i dont know why, but i know they are using the GXA. Sounds pretty goods, looks much like the Avionixx.
    Didn't hear any bad problems with this amp so far!
    *its strappable!*

2. Ultimate 1300S, $333w/ship USPS or $355w/ship 2nday UPS. At thezeb.com. I dunno about this amp, everyone seem to like it.

3. Lightning Audio Storm X1.1000.1D Subwoofer Mono Amp, probably $350 w/ship USPS from sounddomain.com. I dont know about this amp, but i seen the yellow ones, people just say it tends to heat up faster. But they say its like the rockford amps, puts alot of power...i heard from the forums! Does it have a fan inside? Nice remote bass control, it has bass gain and regular gain on the remote, i seen the specs on the main site. Looks pretty cool!! This amp i would go for!

4. Concept CC-D800A Subwoofer Mono Amp
    Probably $320-330w/ship USPS from sounddomain.com. It has $295 redeem dollars on this. WOW! It pushes out 800watts x 1ohm stable. But i dunno if it pushes more, but i can handle a good brand 800watt amp. Anything above 800watts is good for me, people recommend 1,000-1,800watts for the 15s i have.

5. Lanzar VIBE1200D, probably $270-280 w/ship USPS from sounddomain.com. I heard good amp for the budget, but i heard some dudes blowing these amps like crazy. Not a pretty thing to hear! But just to throw in this amp inside my choices...

Well thats about what i picked so far. So you can see my budget is pretty tight, but these amp are looking pretty decent for me. For these prices, can't go wrong, my local shop will sell these amps double the price.

Remember, dont post who i can buy amps from, i just want to order online shops, i heard some dudes getting ripped off!! No ebay for me!! But if you have any other suggestions what amps for these prices, throw it in and tell me where i can get it(no ebay!)....

I'm leaning more towards the
    1.Tsunami DB1100D
    2.Lightning Audio
    3.Ultimate
    But dunno what the heck i'm gonna get!!! If i get either of these amps, hardly anyone would ever know about it here. Its very popular here for RF amps, they would be like what the hell is this?!?!

Post some opinions! It will really help my choice, or put your top 2 picks!!!!!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!

ps. if you know anywhere else if you can beat sounddomain or thezeb prices, hit me up!!

bootleg is offline Got Adire?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tsunami's are alright, being a class D they aren't very clean compared to say like a JBL 1200.1 (everyones favorite, I know it seems that) that puts out more than the Tsunami. The JBL can be had for $285 and free shipping @ www.ikesound.com . Other wise as far as the rest of your list I would go with the Tsunami or the Ultimate if you did choose the stick with your list.

'94 Dodge Ram Std. Cab Sport Red

100' Sound Deading
    1/0 Power & Ground

Adire Audio 12" Shiva
    Custom Sealed Fiber-glass Box

'03 Spring Install:
    Clarion DXZ635MP
    US Acoustics USX2100
    US Acoustics USX2080
    ID & Adire Front Stage
    Adire Audio 12" Shiva Mk. III

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32

The JBL doesn't have a sub-sonic fitler, remote bass etc.... I know its a good amp, if i was running sealed to the 15s', i would of probably gotten this amp... Ya i was considering the Tsunami my first choice, but i just checked out the Lightning audio, it looks hella awsome. Everyone saying its good and wait untill the 2000.1 or something comes out, it will be bad....BUt just opinions from people.....

RangerMan is offline Premium Member RangerMan is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Go w/ Tsunami...

Semi Retired SPL Master
    Review Commitee Organizer
    Team CarAudio.com Captain

147.3 Termlab

Stereo Integrity/Memphis/Pioneer/Optima/JL

2003 NSPL Regular Cab Record Holder

Big Thanks to Loyd Lowry and Nick Lemons from Stereo Integrity

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had few votes now with the tsunami and the lightning audio, and little of the ultimate. But the Lightning Audio Storm, people are really recommending it, i was looking for amps long time, came across with an ultimate i wanted, than a cadence amp, tsunami, i just checked out sounddomain.com, i guess they just got in stock with the new lightning audio storm... so i might give it a try......

badazzDD is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would vote for the lightning audio.. i have never heard any of the others in action, but i actually have one of these x1.1000.1D amps.. i used it on 2 DD 12's and metered a 145.8 on dash with my subs in my trunk.. very nice amp.. birthsheet always show that the amps put out more than 1000 (at 1 ohm).. my first put out 1150, second 1208 and now third at exactly 1100.. not to mention 799 at 2 ohms and 460 at 4 ohms.. very, very nice amp.. but if your running a 1 ohm set up for everyday, dont play TOO loud for TOO long.. i blew 2 from just pounding the crap out of it.. the third i hooked up for a week (NEVER HAD IT TOO HIGH) and never had any problems..

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32

Well i'm not competing.... I have 2 15" Kicker L5 rated 750RMS in my closet. They are 4 ohm DVCS, so i'm willing to hook them up at 1ohm for daily driving, but i wont pound the crap out of it everyday or something. Or i should hook them up for 4ohm? I dunno if i can hook them up together for 2 ohm.....

Closed Thread