+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Reload Thread: Tips to avoid getting jacked

M@nJo is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Tips to avoid getting jacked

for you truck/suv owners that have open trunks, pack a blanket/bedsheet in your truck so you can cover ur subwoofer box with them...try to make it look like you went camping with the family

if you dont have a windshield cover, fold your visors down to block SOME light path to get inside your vehicle to make things visible

refs: jalverson, hccafan, seth305, kevokrook77, bjfish11, jmanjr, allenzo, spy, erthshker, morgans432, Fuknmovin, evilsaint, Goindef154

lubetek is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

great post guys!

Kenwood KDC-X889,
    Orion 8004, Directed 1500D, SoundSplinter RL-p 15" D2, CDT ES-620 and CDT UP224 upstage kit, BXT RAAMmat (TRUNK) Dynomat Extreme (DOORS & REAR DECK), Stinger 150 Amp Circuit Breaker, Stinger Fused Distribution block, Audiobahn 0 guage power and ground, Audiobahn 4 guage pwr/grnd (amps), 12 guage Rockford Fosgate speaker lines (sub), 15 guage Rockford Fosgate speaker lines (comps), Kicker Interconnects X3 and Optima Yellow Top.

Doitle is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Has anyone ever considered shooting pepper spray inside their car? In particular in back by the hatch. As soon as they pop your trunk or hatch to get at your yummy subwoofery goodness PSSSSSHT Pepper Spray'd!

bigbangtheory is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good info. Wish I seen this before my car was stolen 2 summers ago lol!

I will say I think alarms are pointless. I worked at the time in a pretty bad area but thought my car was back far enough to where it wasnt noticable. Well the one day I had to park it outstide the gate was the day it was gone. My car was pretty decked out casue of the rims and how clean it was. Plus I had a ton of local radio coverage and alot of people knew my car, that or I just bumped in the wrong place and they followed me to work, who knows.

About the alarms though. I had 2 totally seperate ones on there. One was pretty basic, code alarm and the other was the viper. The code was the back up alarm. Plus my wires were hidden along with the brain. So it must have been someone very expericened with car alarms. I asked the people by if the heard 2 seperate alarms and the one older guy said he heard just one. So I dont know if my back up ever kicked in. Thanx to my buddy for ****** install on that, lol! I also had shitload of sirens in there as well. Must have been one def son of a *****. Anyway, just my experience and hope never have to go through that again. My perfect way to hide my system is get a car that fits in. I have a cavalier and is pretty normal looking. Once seat is folded up and deck is out, looks stock. Plus I only slam it on the freeway. Never had a problem with it and dont even have an alarm on it. So......... Just saying lol!

Refs~Max Power(ST), bnevets27(ST), 99oldsintrigue(ST), matrxx dude(BF), Ficaraudio(BF), Zachzchw(BF), tigerf117(ST), 5.7TBI(BF), DBfan187(ST), Joesph M(ST), 97gp(ST), Cornbreadxd(ST), SlappinX(ST), nycspudz03(ST), bl0ckd(BF), Sctattooer(ST), hitman34608(ST), Wackdogg(ST), ggk(ST), 03F150MrSBF(STx2), Dye4metal(ST), Mikey7182(BF), Wu501(BF), Twisted_0912(BF), Crunklech(BF), psychoacoustics(BF), Tyler Chavez(ST), GTO Dave(ST), Thisistiny(ST), DarkScorpin(BF), davidtemple(BF), BassaddictJ(BF), Geoff_off_me(BF), Dragnix(BF)

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

80INCHES is offline EPICENTERGLUED 2 ME

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

can a mod sticky this thread
    some folks think this thread is helpfull

James Bang is offline Hand/Ear Coordination

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I really need to read up on alarms because i do not know jack about alarm systems. This thread just made me more cautious and paranoid

dkguitarist is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

makes me wanna get my 791xv installed with my next paycheck and get like 5 sirens and other goodies.

2003 Chevy Cavalier
    HU:880PRS - SUB AMP: IA 20.1 - SUB: 13w7 (15" 05 XXX awaiting new box)

FOR SALE: USHER 9950 TWEETERS, USAMPS HCA-25 2 CHANNEL, XXX XBL^2 6.5" MIDS, Kicker KX300.2 amp

Refs: zachzchw, AcidicDreams, Mr Tibbs, Mr Teacha, vetkilr, Blunt, Showrides, Mihklo, QtrHorse, vosschs, nvruckus, jeeper07, sakura, iceteebone, 2loud4u, eatank, brents, bookechu, young_gun, maldecido33, pickup1, angryeric116, go_go_thrash, gentlejax, superblack350z, and 100% ebay feedback. (dkguitarist454)

rocky 59 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doitle
    Has anyone ever considered shooting pepper spray inside their car? In particular in back by the hatch. As soon as they pop your trunk or hatch to get at your yummy subwoofery goodness PSSSSSHT Pepper Spray'd!
    what happens if you need something in your trunk?? or the woofer hits and shoots it up into the cab and now your driving and got pepper spray in your eye?? not a good idea

refs- 80 inches, bumpn_gt, hot Carl,alphakenny1,zenkar, Bring97,dleccord,GemaRastem,cyantist,ill-faded, livin life, bjfish11, bodega bay,spy,jamesw,JBLCAMRY
    feedback thread- http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...72#post1598072

Truck build log-http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=400050

Doitle is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's only armed when the alarm is armed. It's sorta like the undercar flame throwers but much less dangerous and wont just go off if someone bumps your car, but only if they are in your trunk stealing your goodies.

wgaede is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doitle
    It's only armed when the alarm is armed. It's sorta like the undercar flame throwers but much less dangerous and wont just go off if someone bumps your car, but only if they are in your trunk stealing your goodies.
    Hey i'd still want the flames to shoot out even if someone just bumped my car, they deserv a little pain too!!1

denim is offline SSAudio.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

stickied

CarAudio.com mod(original)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbangtheory
    Good info. Wish I seen this before my car was stolen 2 summers ago lol!

I will say I think alarms are pointless. I worked at the time in a pretty bad area but thought my car was back far enough to where it wasnt noticable. Well the one day I had to park it outstide the gate was the day it was gone. My car was pretty decked out casue of the rims and how clean it was. Plus I had a ton of local radio coverage and alot of people knew my car, that or I just bumped in the wrong place and they followed me to work, who knows.

About the alarms though. I had 2 totally seperate ones on there. One was pretty basic, code alarm and the other was the viper. The code was the back up alarm. Plus my wires were hidden along with the brain. So it must have been someone very expericened with car alarms. I asked the people by if the heard 2 seperate alarms and the one older guy said he heard just one. So I dont know if my back up ever kicked in. Thanx to my buddy for ****** install on that, lol! I also had shitload of sirens in there as well. Must have been one def son of a *****. Anyway, just my experience and hope never have to go through that again. My perfect way to hide my system is get a car that fits in. I have a cavalier and is pretty normal looking. Once seat is folded up and deck is out, looks stock. Plus I only slam it on the freeway. Never had a problem with it and dont even have an alarm on it. So......... Just saying lol!

hey im really interested on how you had two separate alarms hooked up in there? i dont see how you would have the viper arm and disarm though with the code alarm? i know the 791vx has the ouput pulses to arm/disarm a factory alarm, but how would you set it up to arm and disarm with another alarm???

Vadude is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

two words "stealth box"

AcidicDreams is offline I don't need one of these

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vadude
    two words "stealth box"
    It's gonna be hard to stealth a 9cubic foot box...

Driving a 2003 Lexus GS430 and a 1996 Lexus LS400
    GS430 - Massive RK Tweets/Crossovers + Phass MW650 NEO Mids, JBL GTO 755.6 amp, IDQ12v2 in 1cu ft sealed substage

Refs: CA.com - excelerater, fosgate140, 99StangGt, desertheat, Frito, digital mint, dkguitarist, BoominBeast (didn't scam me), Fast1one, shiipseki, newtitan, Scoobydoo, spudracer326, sr_se-r, redlinese-r, James Bang, tweet02, effenay, and Mike Dressure ::: ECA - BBOYSTEVIE, Need-SQ ::: DIYMA - macxx, Kuztimrodder (very happy), and azngotskills

PepsiFiend69 is offline snatchbuckler

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocky 59
    what happens if you need something in your trunk?? or the woofer hits and shoots it up into the cab and now your driving and got pepper spray in your eye?? not a good idea

hahah knowing me i'd open up my trunk and end up getting sprayed.

but this thread makes me want an alarm real bad.

Quote Originally Posted by mcsoul View Post
    True, but Honda's offer little to no help in the pursuit of the elusive N. American Beaver.

16. Likes mattyb425 liked this post
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast