Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: Fed Ex kicked my ***...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fed Ex kicked my ***...

I bought the Scottie J 15" RE/Eclipse monster from imaspaceguy90 and it came tuesday. I pulled it out of the beat-to-hell box and it looks like Fed Ex threw the box off the truck... It has 5 crackes around the basket right under 3 differant
    spokes, everything else looks great and it seemed to play fine free-air off my home reciever.
    PICS:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...AveZone070.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...AveZone072.jpg

and here is how the crate looked after i pulled it out of the box. 3 of the 4 sides are broken.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...AveZone060.jpg

The sub had nicely folded of bubble wrap under it and a large foam square over the sub with a securley placed wood top.

Do you guys think I have a chance if I try to file a claim? I did a lot of work and payed money for this thing and I really dont want to get screwed out of this.

Is it worth keeping? I really felt like this sub fit my needs perfectly and wouldnt really want a differant sub. HELP ME!

Refs:flakko, PV audio/lemans, imaspaceguy90, Mr. Loki, tplaya07, hellomota, diver_dylan, NeedDirections, BIGBLK74

Quote Originally Posted by 4jb View Post
    I want to be able to crank up the music without that annoying popping sound. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

pwnt by pat is offline Pat for Prez 2024 - vote!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Fed Ex kicked my ***...

Should you file a clam? Duh

carputer - h701 - c701 - dynaudio mw170s - si mag 15 - ss rubicon 604 x2 - ss rubicon 1002

coming soon:
    seas w15cy - alpine spx177r tweeters

AcidicDreams is offline I don't need one of these

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

it seems to me that with these bastards beating the hell out of packages shipping large subs in a crate nestled in 3-4" of packing peanuts on all sides would be safer... of course it would cost more to ship which buyers would have to eat but it's better than dealing with fedex/ups/usps on claims.. I'd have to say though it's total BS that the actually go about BREAKING wood in boxes... that SHOULD be failsafe.... anyways /rant

Driving a 2003 Lexus GS430 and a 1996 Lexus LS400
    GS430 - Massive RK Tweets/Crossovers + Phass MW650 NEO Mids, JBL GTO 755.6 amp, IDQ12v2 in 1cu ft sealed substage

Refs: CA.com - excelerater, fosgate140, 99StangGt, desertheat, Frito, digital mint, dkguitarist, BoominBeast (didn't scam me), Fast1one, shiipseki, newtitan, Scoobydoo, spudracer326, sr_se-r, redlinese-r, James Bang, tweet02, effenay, and Mike Dressure ::: ECA - BBOYSTEVIE, Need-SQ ::: DIYMA - macxx, Kuztimrodder (very happy), and azngotskills

dont_smokerocks is offline "DO IT."

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pwnt by pat
    Should you file a clam? Duh
    Duh is not much of an answer, do you think its worth keeping or will it not preform like it should? Thats all I need to know. Im guessing you think not... but im not sure what your "Duh" means.

I want to file a claim, I just want to know how much of a fight Im gonna have getting the money.

Should I just tell the Fed Ex guy to go "DO IT".

Refs:flakko, PV audio/lemans, imaspaceguy90, Mr. Loki, tplaya07, hellomota, diver_dylan, NeedDirections, BIGBLK74

I want to be able to crank up the music without that annoying popping sound. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Showrides is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am filing a claim with fedex right now. They destoryed one of my 15 inch mags. You can do it online or you can call 1800gofedex. The same exact thing happened with me. The subs were shipped perfectly and somehow they managed to break one of the baskets on a 15. TERRIBLE COMPANY!!!

Also, if the claim is less than $100 they will pay you without a claim. If you didn't have insurance the best you are going to do is get $100. That is what I have heard from other people. I am hoping to get my full amount though even though it was insured. From now on I will be insuring every package because of this and I will no longer be using fedex.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

wow i've seen to many of these threads! did the ppl get money in the other threads where sub was damaged while shipping, ne1 know?

2010-11 Project:
    1 15" DC XL
    1 ap3k
    1 3.5 cube adjustable port box (Box will be sub up port to drivers side, unless you have tips on better position?)

Hoping to break 150 db's when this is all done in a 2dr Blazer!

Reppin MINNESOTA

GemaRastem is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What the hell did they do to that thing? that ***** man, was it insured? having a basket with cracks in it is no good, probably shouldn't be playing it.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

rarg

dbubble is offline SLOW LOUD AND BANGIN'

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i filed a claim with fedex, it took about a month and a half to get the check from them, and who ever said that about the 100 bucks is right, the sender didnt insure it for the actual value so all i got was 102 bucks to be exact

References
    CA.com
    mcjas63, skeptikal, JAZN, RADEoN, cpierce, chinny, moe lester, powerNaudio, camry_tuner, LivinLife, loudblazer02,ace_800 , pboulos , Pitchblack98, Mistergrubbs, Faulkton,Louisiana_CRX, 5.3bowtie, blackbonnie

SD.com
    penn tha chocolate thunda, ken18, jazzy

imaspaceguy90 is offline LOUDS10BLAZER=SCAMMER

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, it was isnured, the crate was perfect when it left and there was a piece of wood over the sub to, it was all snugg, Im going to ifle a claim for him, he worked hard on the boxs he made, i dont want to leave him un satisfied.

REFS:
    1.Erik019*2.BoominBeast*3.SBLAZER
    4.Jordantyler*5.80INCHES*6.Unbonyr
    7.zachzchw*8.Codyst8n*9.10.11.Raven2201X3
    12.Terryracing86*13.Lastcall*14.Milenko515
    15.Dont_smokerocks*16.LoudS10Blazer
    17.Jimmclrk1*18.Mattbrown0761
    19.20.ProjectPat06X3*21.Mountaineer Man
    22.Fosgate140*23.I want SExxx*24.zeanimal2001
    25.Seiser01*26.Dj-torn*27.JeremyZach*28Netherland24
    29.Mjbailey21*30.Skeptikal*31.Ravens9322
    32.Calico33*33.mattmcss*34 ibanezcollector 35.terryracing86
    36 Jordantyler 37 PWRBASS 38.keifersracing
    39. BATman 40 keifersracing 41PhatTonyDeMarco
    LoudS10Blazer IS A SCAMMER

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dont_smokerocks
    Duh is not much of an answer, do you think its worth keeping or will it not preform like it should? Thats all I need to know. Im guessing you think not... but im not sure what your "Duh" means.

I want to file a claim, I just want to know how much of a fight Im gonna have getting the money.

Should I just tell the Fed Ex guy to go "DO IT".
    The item was packed properly. The item was insured. The item arrived with the box beat to ****, looking like it had been dropped out of the truck. The item was broken when arrived. (reiterate) The item was insured.

It's a no brainer, really. If it's broke, make 'em pay for it. File the claim.

carputer - h701 - c701 - dynaudio mw170s - si mag 15 - ss rubicon 604 x2 - ss rubicon 1002

coming soon:

bimma85 is offline Can't be ****** ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Showrides
    I am filing a claim with fedex right now. They destoryed one of my 15 inch mags. You can do it online or you can call 1800gofedex. The same exact thing happened with me. The subs were shipped perfectly and somehow they managed to break one of the baskets on a 15. TERRIBLE COMPANY!!!

Also, if the claim is less than $100 they will pay you without a claim. If you didn't have insurance the best you are going to do is get $100. That is what I have heard from other people. I am hoping to get my full amount though even though it was insured. From now on I will be insuring every package because of this and I will no longer be using fedex.
    why would you not spend a couple buck to insure each one? how many do you get at a time? Wouldnt it be cheaper to go freight? Shipping fedex is just gonna raise our prices even more .

REFS:JimJ, DBfan187, jimj, ology audio, excelerater, private pastry, kenny pollock, priosonnumber6, johnnyber, mattmmcs, vosschs, lax916, davidfre21, iceteebone, cd6551, vladd and others that I cant remember off the top of my head

Quote Originally Posted by snb778
    I feel like when im bumpin once it gets dark....the street lights often go out. I was driving home the other night and like 3 street lights went out in like 15 minutes.
    Does this happen a lot to any of you??
    Also if you have had the twix ice cream......isnt it amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleNTheTrunk
    damn. 8 10"s?........80" of cone area FTW!

dont_smokerocks is offline "DO IT."

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pwnt by pat
    The item was packed properly. The item was insured. The item arrived with the box beat to ****, looking like it had been dropped out of the truck. The item was broken when arrived. (reiterate) The item was insured.

It's a no brainer, really. If it's broke, make 'em pay for it. File the claim.
    Thank you. Looks like imaspaceguy is already on it.

Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I like how some words are censored and others aren't

**** fuck
    **** damn
    **** cunt
    ***** whore

coming soon:

zachzchw is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Showrides
    I am hoping to get my full amount .

If its not insured, why would they (and why should they) give you the full amount? Insurance is just a couple of dollars.

Spkrman is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It doesnt' seem that the best way to ship a sub is in a crate... people pop in here all the time saying the crate got smashed - perhaps there is a better way.

Ship in something that can give, not break.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast