Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Newbie...needs stereo setup

zm_dawg is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Newbie...needs stereo setup

I've just purchased a 2000 Civic....I am interested in installing a whole new audio set-up...I was wondering if anyone can give me some suggestions of products and/ or set-ups to use that sound good in this type of car. I have a budget of a working 18 year old and just want good quality that can perform well. From tweeters to 6 x 9's to amps to subs. THe whole thing I"m looking at and just would like some suggestions to get me on the right track.
    Tks in advance.

khi
    khi is offline Idi Min

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    welcome to our humble forum

first up....we need a max budget...whats the most your willing to spend?
    and from your post...im guessin u want a component set....so kick panels...component set......amp the fronts &rears if your gettin rears.....subs and a amp....i would say...3-4 g?

alot of guys here on the forum have alot more experience, but i'lll help u out as much as possible

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    3-4g????? that seems like alot for a kid. i was 18 not long ago and remember what it's like....you don' t get paid much. i do have a few questions though.....are you plannin on buyin stuff quick or slowly buildin up your system?? if you go quick you either need alot of money or cheap stuff.............if you go slow you can buy quality products but it might take a few months.......either way. i would start with the component set........i personally have mb quarts......they are nice but are over $200 for the set......to me that's not alot but i don't know what your gettin paid i know the quarts, infinity, and focal are really good.....just don't go to wal-mart and buy some crappy pioneer or jensens. it would be a waste of your hard earned money. next i'd get the amp for them......there are alot of good amps......kicker,JBL(my fav),JL, and fosgate(i assume you'd be lookin for somethin in the 200-300watt range you can expect to pay between$100-$300 for these).........once again no wal-mart crap. then i'd move to the subs i recommend either JL, Fosgate, a brahma, infinity, or alpine(however, there are alot of good subs)you will pay about $150 for each sub. then i'd move sub amps you can refer to the amp brands above for choices, cost will be between $300-$500 for each amp.....

if it were me and i was workin off a budget i'd get somethin like infinity mids and highs, JBL80.2 to power them, subs=kicker comps sub amp=Kicker800.2. (don't forget your box......price $40-$120, if your good with wood i recommend building it. and ofcourse a head unit.......aprox...$200-$300. all in all you could expect to pay about $1300 to $1700 for that system depends on where you get it.....i would look around the internet first.

but then heck what do i know i bought all my stuff at the same time, came home and had a hayday with it.

chevy suburban
    kenwood h/u
    mb quart mids and highs
    8 JLw6 12's
    4 JBL1200.1's

qoute of the day "man who stand on toilet is high on pot"
    check back for more qoutes of the day

Closed Thread