Closed Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Reload Thread: 1 Tahoe + 2 Solo X's + 2 Mojo Amps + 2 Kinetik 2400's = My attempt at Meade post =)

thunder9500 is offline Team Kicker

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 1 Tahoe + 2 Solo X's + 2 Mojo Amps + 2 Kinetik 2400's = My attempt at Meade post =)

Quote Originally Posted by kotec123
    y not just run amps at 1 ohm and see if 4 20.1 are even neccessary?

the mojos keep getting extremely hot, really picky on input voltage....he just wants to change. They keep cutting out on him for no reason. Voltage doesn't dip below 13 when he's beatin it....everything is straight....but they don't like to work all the time. They have a mind of their own.

Oh, and it sounds f'in awesome tuned at 38.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 1 Tahoe + 2 Solo X's + 2 Mojo Amps + 2 Kinetik 2400's = My attempt at Meade post

Quote Originally Posted by Raisedin305
    Why does he need more batteries then?!
    Evidently you don't know how much current he's pullin. Oh well. Guess ya didn't like the pics or the vids after you kept askin to see em.

oh well.

Raisedin305 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 1 Tahoe + 2 Solo X's + 2 Mojo Amps + 2 Kinetik 2400's = My attempt at Meade post =)

Quote Originally Posted by thunder9500
    the mojos keep getting extremely hot, really picky on input voltage....he just wants to change. They keep cutting out on him for no reason. Voltage doesn't dip below 13 when he's beatin it....everything is straight....but they don't like to work all the time. They have a mind of their own.

Oh, and it sounds f'in awesome tuned at 38.
    That ***** to hear those amps get really hot.

Good though to hear that it sounds good at 38hz. What would be the highest tunning you recommend for daily driving with those subs?

lastcall is offline lastcall

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

shop called breakaway auto glass. it was crazy. it set off car alarms like 50 yeard away. the two amps i recognized were memphis mokos with the silver metallic and red logo in the middle but then it had like 15 other amps that were stakced on amp racks. couldnt get a glimpse of what kind though.

2008 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab Texas Edition
    (2) Image Dynamics 12Idqv.2's
    Hifonics bxi1206d
    Custom poly urethane enclosure under rear seat
    Panasonic Double-din
    Diamond Audio D3 components and coaxials
    100% Pure Sound Quality

Refs:
    kotec123, jordantyler, kevinws6, colim+m, cobracommander, towncar, ionsql, bigwill, livnlife, iamamp3pimp, cazorp, grassroots

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3031660

lastcall is offline lastcall

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yards*

2008 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab Texas Edition
    (2) Image Dynamics 12Idqv.2's
    Hifonics bxi1206d
    Custom poly urethane enclosure under rear seat
    Panasonic Double-din
    Diamond Audio D3 components and coaxials
    100% Pure Sound Quality

Refs:
    kotec123, jordantyler, kevinws6, colim+m, cobracommander, towncar, ionsql, bigwill, livnlife, iamamp3pimp, cazorp, grassroots

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3031660

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 1 Tahoe + 2 Solo X's + 2 Mojo Amps + 2 Kinetik 2400's = My attempt at Meade post

Evidently you don't know how much current he's pullin. Oh well. Guess ya didn't like the pics or the vids after you kept askin to see em.

oh well.
    Huh? When did I say I didn't like the pics or vid? I just said that I expected a higher score thats all.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That ***** to hear those amps get really hot.

Good though to hear that it sounds good at 38hz. What would be the highest tunning you recommend for daily driving with those subs?
    depends on your taste in music.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lastcall
    shop called breakaway auto glass. it was crazy. it set off car alarms like 50 yeard away. the two amps i recognized were memphis mokos with the silver metallic and red logo in the middle but then it had like 15 other amps that were stakced on amp racks. couldnt get a glimpse of what kind though.
    Go back and get pics!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

depends on your taste in music.
    Lets just say rap. What would you recommend. I know little Jon likes low tunning but other rap songs sounded good with my setup @35hz

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lets just say rap. What would you recommend. I know little Jon likes low tunning but other rap songs sounded good with my setup @35hz

I would stay around that freq then. If ya like rap...anywhere from 32 to 40 is good. You get towards 40 and you lose some of the really low notes, but that's another reason why I used aeros in this too. I can pull them out and adjust pipe length to get my tuning in there changed super fast.

BigDave-IA is offline That's Right!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You people are a bunch of terds!!! I mean the guy pulls a 149.1 with 2 12's street beatin and its not enough? C'mon. I had a Tahoe with 4 RE 12's and 4 Concept 2400's that would only do a 147.9 and that shiot was stupid loud. If you dont think thats wangin, then you need to find a tahoe that does a 149 and sit in it cause thats one hard vehicle to meter on the dash. I for one am very impressed. Way to go Carlton.

As for why this and why that. Adding batteries will never hurt, NEVER!!! So why not do it. And if the guy wants 20.1's then thats great too. All of you would not be disagreeing with me if you got 4 20.1's yourselves. Super Awesome amps for sure.

Oh and whoever was talking about the Audiocontrol and some van doing a 170, I gotta call BS on this. Anyone doing a 170 I would have heard of. Just so you know, My van did a 170.4 at a local show on the Audiocontrol and I only do a 156 on the Termlab, so what does that tell you? And my van really only does a 164.1 on the Audiocontrol, so thats 8 dB. SO if you do a 150.6 then guess again on the 148.

Im not trying to start trouble. Just clarifying a few things and giving props to Carlton for an awesome build. Keep it up and get those shows ready!!!

Incriminator Audio
    The most copied company on Earth!!!
    Setting new standards and Breaking all the rules!!!

lubetek is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

pretty **** sweet. reminds me of my buddies setup. I've never heard anything as loud as his. Check it out:

Kenwood KDC-X889,
    Orion 8004, Directed 1500D, SoundSplinter RL-p 15" D2, CDT ES-620 and CDT UP224 upstage kit, BXT RAAMmat (TRUNK) Dynomat Extreme (DOORS & REAR DECK), Stinger 150 Amp Circuit Breaker, Stinger Fused Distribution block, Audiobahn 0 guage power and ground, Audiobahn 4 guage pwr/grnd (amps), 12 guage Rockford Fosgate speaker lines (sub), 15 guage Rockford Fosgate speaker lines (comps), Kicker Interconnects X3 and Optima Yellow Top.

loud1500 is offline i wanna be loud

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave-IA
    You people are a bunch of terds!!! I mean the guy pulls a 149.1 with 2 12's street beatin and its not enough? C'mon. I had a Tahoe with 4 RE 12's and 4 Concept 2400's that would only do a 147.9 and that shiot was stupid loud. If you dont think thats wangin, then you need to find a tahoe that does a 149 and sit in it cause thats one hard vehicle to meter on the dash. I for one am very impressed. Way to go Carlton.

As for why this and why that. Adding batteries will never hurt, NEVER!!! So why not do it. And if the guy wants 20.1's then thats great too. All of you would not be disagreeing with me if you got 4 20.1's yourselves. Super Awesome amps for sure.

Oh and whoever was talking about the Audiocontrol and some van doing a 170, I gotta call BS on this. Anyone doing a 170 I would have heard of. Just so you know, My van did a 170.4 at a local show on the Audiocontrol and I only do a 156 on the Termlab, so what does that tell you? And my van really only does a 164.1 on the Audiocontrol, so thats 8 dB. SO if you do a 150.6 then guess again on the 148.

Im not trying to start trouble. Just clarifying a few things and giving props to Carlton for an awesome build. Keep it up and get those shows ready!!!
    x2
    it's not easy pulling those #'s right off the bat, especially w/ 2 12's and a hoe. good luck on your upcoming shows carlton, if i was closer i would be there.

1999 Chevy 1500 ext. cab
    DJM 4/6 drop
    20" Intro Vista 5's and hankook/goodyear tires
    sub amp: (4) Orion 2500d's
    subs: (4) 15" IA Death Penalty's
    batteries: (7) Powermaster D3100's

Team Powermaster

boomzabit is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Hes got 8,000 watts with those two big memphis amps correct ? What does he have for an alt ? shouldnt have more then just two kinetik monsters.

Pioneer avhx5500bhs
    Alpine Type S (factory replacements)

bibby is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

...we're about to add 2 more kinetiks and swap from 2 mojos to 4 Incriminator 20.1's....
    IA 20.1: Strapable Pair: 3600 watts x 1 at 2 ohms.

So your going to put two of these on each 12, so 3600wrms at 2ohms to EACH one? are you ****ing crazy?!?! thats going to be rediculus. what did meade get? 154.6? your going to be close i think, maybe wrong.

If you are viewing my profile from SMD, FSC, or d-series.org, then this is the thread with my refs...
    Refs: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=231239

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast