Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Important Announcement

RangerMan is offline Premium Member RangerMan is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Important Announcement

When I first came to this forum, it was honestly one of the most sorry forums that I had ever read, yet it was in it's youthful stages. There were 2 people who stood out, and whom to this day, I still idolize: zane and ramos. These two individuals are awesome individuals and are some of the most knowledgable people I know (and have not met personally). Now, both of these people are gone, because of the occuring flame fest that goes on here. It kills me to see this going on. People have worked hard to get this forum where it is today, and juvenile actions continue to downgrade this forum. It gets old. What is going on here is NOT acceptable and needs to be changed, immediatly. If this BS continues, then this forum will continue to loose members, and that includes myself. The admin cannot monitor everything, so, I encourage everymember to report any post that does not belong on these forums. Resist the urge to talk junk, and make this place clean again. The two people who practically made this forum are now gone, and things here are getting worse everyday. We all share a common hobby, car audio. Let's remember that, and try to stay off one another's backs. I understand that an occasional car audio debate will come up, and I myself enjoy that (Overpeck). Some of the post on this forum are started solely for the purpose to start a flame war...that is not what this forum is all about.

Semi Retired SPL Master
    Review Commitee Organizer
    Team CarAudio.com Captain

147.3 Termlab

Stereo Integrity/Memphis/Pioneer/Optima/JL

2003 NSPL Regular Cab Record Holder

Big Thanks to Loyd Lowry and Nick Lemons from Stereo Integrity

A-hole is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I know a few good forums

lcpunk69 is offline SQ Baby!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Amen Rangerman!

LoneRanger is offline Old Yamahas Give Me Wood

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    RM: I feel your pain, man, but I gotta tell you something that you should already know.

The internet has given everyone in the entire world with a phone line and a PC the ability to voice their opinion (be it good/bad, knowledgable/uninformed) at will. No matter what you say, or how you plead and beg, there's no way to keep retards and idiots from starting **** and interjecting their worthless comments where they're not needed.

If you and ramos and zane are unable to simply ignore the bullshit and offer your help where it's needed then so be it. I'll be the first one to admit that you guys are very knowledgable on many topics that are presented on this board, but it's not like you're irreplaceable. There are a lot of people that come to this board that are just as/almost as knowledable as yourselves that just don't post as often. If you don't like the way things are going on this forum, slide on over to termpro and have a good 'ol time.

Personally, I look at it this way: If I want to learn something new or ask an important question about my audio system, I'll either email someone I know can help me (Lloyd, Jim Hudnall, Scott Kearns or Corey Smith) and ask, or head on over to termpro and search for topics that relate to my question. If I feel like helping out newbies or participating in a laid back discussion or even the occasional flame war, I come here. I honestly don't know enough yet to be of any help on most of the larger boards, but I can answer a good deal of the questions that are presented here.

Simply put, if you don't like it, your not chained to anything and I'm personally not going to beg anyone to stay or come back. I will keep posting on this board until I either run out of things to say or find something better to do with my free time.

Sincerely,

Donn Ballenger
    Amature Installer Extrodinare
    Co-Founder of TEAM MSHA

"There is no 'I' in Tag Team"

Project 'rex: Coming Soon to An Eardrum Near You

SasquatchBump is offline SQ is better

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I on the other hand, joined just recently when I started being interested in Car Audio. I come HERE for advice that I cannot find on my own and usually It has some effect on what I result in doing. I respect RM, zane & ramos for all that they have done for everyone on this forum, myself included. I have not met ANY of the people on this forum yet when I see their names I recognize them as a reliable source.

So YES, they are irreplaceable, respect in my book is a lot harder to earn then anything else and I and many other forum members have respect for these people. Flaming and unrelated topics are a huge issue here, people that need advice hardly ever actually get that advice because of all of the crap that the other members have to wade through to actually get to a topic.

I have learned much here already and this forum has been the source for most of it. I say, keep it clean for everyone so everyone can learn about something that they enjoy (car audio).

Thats my 2 cents.

1994 Probe SE

HU: Alpine 7893
    Front Stage: JL XR 6.5" CSI
    Rear: Who Cares....
    Speaker Amp: JBL 180.2
    Sub Amp: Avionixx 500m
    Sub: Elemental 12O.44 getting 500+ watts
    EQ: Audio Control
    80 Sq feet of deadener

rsflores is offline just tryin to live,life

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rangerman im in total agree ment we've all stept over the line a time or two and as for the guys who come on here and start alot of the **** ,i've said it before and i'll say it again that when they start some of their trash talking to just IGNORE them and dont reply to their posts.it gets old looking at someone going way out of line just to start so ****.on the probs with us getting off the subjects and not answering peoples questions i can agree with that and if we stick to to threads like THE THREAD and ones we start ourselves then we can keep in touch with one another or start other threads for the same reason
    i personaly will do my best to not step on others threads just to talk to some one else
    and to just ignore the ones who keep on starting probs and just report them and forget about them
    im not the most knowageable person on here but i like to help others if i have or can find the right answer to their question
    and i like to talk to those of you i've became friends with

just my thoughts

-------------------------------------

jlaine is offline Vaporware

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you think it is the few that makes a place like this RM, you need to broaden your horizons some.... I for one never for one second claim SI.net was created on the shoulders of the few. It's the many that make it what it is today.

The people too short sighted to look past or ignore the childish infantile prattle are doing nothing other than harming themselves.

Heresy is offline Going Against the Grain

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I totally agree that the quality of the posts have diminished in the last few months but I am still gonna search through the posts and weed out the ones that are nothing more than flames. I have been here from the start too(I just never post) and I remember the good ol' days but there is no way I could give up on the same forum that started me on my first real audio system and got me thinking about making a future career in the field. My two pennies for you all.

Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum -- Vegetius

"I told her about my conversation three years ago with the political leader of Islamic Jihad in Gaza. "What's the difference between suicide, which the Koran condemns, and martyrdom?" I asked. "Suicide," he replied, "is done out of despair. But remember: most of our martyrs today were very successful in their earthly lives." In short, there was a future to live for--and they detonated it anyway."

RangerMan is offline Premium Member RangerMan is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Originally posted by jlaine
    If you think it is the few that makes a place like this RM, you need to broaden your horizons some.... I for one never for one second claim SI.net was created on the shoulders of the few. It's the many that make it what it is today.

The people too short sighted to look past or ignore the childish infantile prattle are doing nothing other than harming themselves.
    But you have got to understand...when I first came here, to this forum, there were about 5 regs, other than myself...zane, ramos, mykeys, jtmoney, and stones. Stones comes around every once-in-a-while, and the same for mykeys. Zane and ramos are the original guys, and it saddens me to see this happening...that is all. The BS here just gets old, ya know???

Semi Retired SPL Master

147.3 Termlab

Corsica is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    RM I whole hartedly agree. I am keeping my AAA badge on cause i am against the flame wars, started by ******* with nothing betta to do. I feel ya on all those names cause i been here fromt he start too if u rmember i just didn't register for awhile. You Zane, Ramos, Audiolife, Bigbassmna, and others make this forum a very enjoyable place for a novice like me. I ask for the sake of our newest joiners you RM stay and Zane, Ramos and others come back to help. Most newb's are trying to learn and not start wars. just give it another go,m please.

J

"A man doesnt win a war by dying for his country. He does it by making the other poor dumb son of a beyotch die for his." Patton

No system installed, but getting all the parts together.

J

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Corsica
    RM I whole hartedly agree. I am keeping my AAA badge on cause i am against the flame wars, started by ******* with nothing betta to do. I feel ya on all those names cause i been here fromt he start too if u rmember i just didn't register for awhile. You Zane, Ramos, Audiolife, Bigbassmna, and others make this forum a very enjoyable place for a novice like me. I ask for the sake of our newest joiners you RM stay and Zane, Ramos and others come back to help. Most newb's are trying to learn and not start wars. just give it another go,m please.

J
    Oh, I definitly staying. It is not unbearable yet, but I will leave if it gets to that point.

Semi Retired SPL Master

147.3 Termlab

Corsica is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Badge been resigned. after a lil more thaught i realized, it don't matta what they say, i can ignore/report them and be the bigger man. I can eb the victor morally. I just need to watch my own *** now.

J

"A man doesnt win a war by dying for his country. He does it by making the other poor dumb son of a beyotch die for his." Patton

No system installed, but getting all the parts together.

J

jlaine is offline Vaporware

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by RangerMan
    But you have got to understand...when I first came here, to this forum, there were about 5 regs, other than myself...zane, ramos, mykeys, jtmoney, and stones. Stones comes around every once-in-a-while, and the same for mykeys. Zane and ramos are the original guys, and it saddens me to see this happening...that is all. The BS here just gets old, ya know???
    Life happens.

Either buckle down or prepare to move on.
    This tying yourself to some 'original guys' makes the newcomers feel VERY small, by placing others on a pedestal because of their origin on a forum... Stop it... it's not fair... Seriously now. What makes anyone here, any better than anyone else? Come on, think on this.

Called growing pains...

Trust me, SI went through them, and holy hell was I about ready to start beheading some peeps...

Now do yourself a favor, go read [size=huge]THIS THREAD[/size], smile and relax.

And when you get done, you'll understand...

'ta Death!
    Last edited by jlaine; 10-11-2002 at 12:15 AM.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Originally posted by jlaine
    Life happens.

Either buckle down or prepare to move on.
    This tying yourself to some 'original guys' makes the newcomers feel VERY small, by placing others on a pedestal because of their origin on a forum... Stop it... it's not fair... Seriously now. What makes anyone here, any better than anyone else? Come on, think on this.

Called growing pains...

Trust me, SI went through them, and holy hell was I about ready to start beheading some peeps...

Now do yourself a favor, go read [size=huge]THIS THREAD[/size], smile and relax.

And when you get done, you'll understand...

'ta Death!
    LOL, I can't belive what I just saw??? Josh, was that...THE WANG??? FROM YOU??? Very nice, and I believe I get the point that you are making. Thank you, I really appreciate that...I needed it!!!

Semi Retired SPL Master

147.3 Termlab

jtmoney is offline i DiDn'T dO iT!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by RangerMan
    But you have got to understand...when I first came here, to this forum, there were about 5 regs, other than myself...zane, ramos, mykeys, jtmoney, and stones. Stones comes around every once-in-a-while, and the same for mykeys. Zane and ramos are the original guys, and it saddens me to see this happening...that is all.
    this is partly why i have been going elsewhere and havent been posting upmuch here

i think the ORIGINAL regulars may be able to relate to this comment, but when i first joined //caraudio.com, the forum that we have now is not the forum we had then - it was a compleely different form under the same address (i think you can still find the old one in google)........

stones and n2audio are 2 people i recall from the "old" forum.....

anyway........the discussion was meanngful and seful and when the old caraudio.com form finished and this one appeared, i signed up, and for the most part he discussion was very meaningful and useful, and even the more experenced guys were hapy to help the newbies..........

but now the situation has gottten outta hand a little - bored 15 year olds posting crap about how, for example, HSLs **** all over DD9515s and then they ARGUE with the likes of Ramos and Zane abut it........whats the point?

this is a caraudio forum.........we discuss caraudio here........go elsewhere to comment on other things, please......

on a further note, has audiolife moved on for the same reasons? anybody keep in touc with im? a great shame and loss of talented person from this forum IMO

my final piece is this kids - if RangerMan, Mark_ab, Bigbassman, ss, and a coupleof other old timers leave, where will the forum be without these guys.......just think about that-.................JT

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Tag List