Closed Thread

Reload Thread: What Speakers would you guys use from Parts Express?

Zaytser is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What Speakers would you guys use from Parts Express?

I want to install a mobile theatre set up in my 95 GMC short box single cab pick up truck, and I know that sounds ridiculous, but I want to do something different. Plus I will turn the theatre surround off when just listiening to music. I will be running an Alpine Theatre amp, my type X subwoofer, and possible another down the road. I am unsure of what amp would be good to run for the subs in terms or sound quality. I will also use a carputer set up with an optical out to the theatre amp for the components and 5.1 audio. Most likely I will mod the dash in a completely different way as to install the components as I hate using the doors because my leg blocks the sound. Also the kicks are out of the question as my foot and legs also block the sound unlike when you are in a car sitting closer to the floor.

What components at Parts Express would you choose for sound quality when just listening to music, as well as the theatre aspect?

I would really like to install some small woofers in the dash, firing into the windshield as I have never really had up front bass before. What would you use? Some Tangs?

Are the passive crossovers, two way and three way even worth looking at, at Parts Express?

Is there anything else I am missing here beside a good amp to send clean power to my sub/s? Not sure if I should go class D or what?

Thanks for any advice, it is much appreciated.

squeak9798 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: What Speakers would you guys use from Parts Express?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaytser
    What components at Parts Express would you choose for sound quality when just listening to music, as well as the theatre aspect?
    Why are you limiting yourself to PE? It sounds like you don't have the possibility of going active, and those xovers at PE really aren't worth it when compared to custom made xovers....I really think you would be better off just purchasing regular off-the-shelf component sets from companies like DLS, OZ Audio, Rainbow, Morel, Image Dynamics, Memphis, etc.

I would really like to install some small woofers in the dash, firing into the windshield as I have never really had up front bass before. What would you use? Some Tangs?
    Would these be part of the frontstages 2-way setups, or additional mids?

Are the passive crossovers, two way and three way even worth looking at, at Parts Express?
    Not really......see my first response.

Is there anything else I am missing here beside a good amp to send clean power to my sub/s? Not sure if I should go class D or what?
    Find an amp with the power output you need into the impedance you have with the features, aesthetics and warranty you desire that is within your budget. Really all there is to it.

lubetek is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

none

3.5Max6spd is offline yo mama no wear no draws

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dayton RS 4ohms drivers are in any day now..woohoo...been waiting to play with the RS225's

rainbow....homemade sounds best
    DYNAUDIO E S O T E C....Mobile Fidelity

Panasonic Vacuum Tube
    TRU Technology SSLD6
    TRU Technology STEEL S44 & S500
    DYNAUDIO Esotec System 362
    Dynaudio MW190 12" (x2) IB
    Stinger Expert/Esoteric Audio Isopath/Cascade

Refs-NE14MX , jdavis37, anarchy57, mj121983 , ll kadoy ll, TheBigDu , cdj ,Kawasaki STX-R ,Fdeez ,Ksin291,meangta, lil azn 06, HAVINGFUN, Loud1500, Flipx99 , jjunior887 ,mastarecoil ,slammed , T3mpest ,westerbud, Airman21, bconn587, LexNBimmer,namike, alphakenny1, HebrewHammer,chadillac,remiserg, purerx7tt, OCURIEL, coneO,Igno,Iluvzmzm,godzukiduce,CrazedCat,skylar11 2,
    bose301s,qwertvt

Slammed is offline Benny Lava

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

....lemme know how they sound

gonna pick up a pair of 7s myself
    Last edited by Slammed; 01-26-2006 at 10:57 PM.

Honda H/U - PG RSD65 - Seas Neo - Audiocontrol LC6 - Blaupunkt BX-01E - MTX 405 Amplifer - 03 E15K (32hz)

iagrdshaka is offline Down with jimmy hats

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 3.5Max6spd
    Dayton RS 4ohms drivers are in any day now..woohoo...been waiting to play with the RS225's
    Im a little interested in them myself

REFS: Vincent9515, snoopdan, delvryboy, pyro719, teamsubgopoof, coolahan, Toxic Tuan

lubetek is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

^that sig HAS TO GO!

Polecat is offline Team Kicker Manager

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lubetek
    ^that sig HAS TO GO!
    amen, scares me....and makes me sick..

In Memory of Greg Welch

Team Kicker
    Kinetik Juiced

Behind every great man....is an underwear tag!

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Zaytser is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squeak9798
    Why are you limiting yourself to PE? It sounds like you don't have the possibility of going active, and those xovers at PE really aren't worth it when compared to custom made xovers....I really think you would be better off just purchasing regular off-the-shelf component sets from companies like DLS, OZ Audio, Rainbow, Morel, Image Dynamics, Memphis, etc.

I have never went active before, what would suggwst for an active crossover. To tell you the truth I would probably just go with some type X components as they are the best quality available near me. I have also thought about the other comps you mentioned but haven't a clue where to get them nor have I even heard any of them in a set up yet. I just thought there may be some good bang for your buck comps on P.E.

Would these be part of the frontstages 2-way setups, or additional mids?

These would be additionals woofers or subs for up front bass. Since I will have 1 or 2 Type X subs in a blow through set up. I just wanted some type of woofer in the dash to get in the higher frequencies the Type X misses.

Not really......see my first response.

I see.

Find an amp with the power output you need into the impedance you have with the features, aesthetics and warranty you desire that is within your budget. Really all there is to it.
    I do like the asthetics of Alpine, but all of my equipment will be stealthed, as I doubt I will ever show it off. What ever will produce clean power to the subs and works efficiently.

Let me know what you think.

Slammed is offline Benny Lava

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Im very happy with my 15" Dayton DVC....sounds alot like the Adire Tempest.

Honda H/U - PG RSD65 - Seas Neo - Audiocontrol LC6 - Blaupunkt BX-01E - MTX 405 Amplifer - 03 E15K (32hz)

squeak9798 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zaytser
    I have never went active before, what would suggwst for an active crossover.
    If you are wanting to keep surround sound, you don't have enough amplifier channels to go active with that one Alpine 5-channel.

Really, it's not worth it in your situation. All of the little odds and ends would add up really quickly and it would end up costing more to go active in your setup (even with reasonably cheap speakers) than it would to just buy pre-built comps.

I don't really know where you are located to direct you towards those other companies....but if you go to their website, they should have a dealer locator to aid you in finding some that are local. Or you could give those companies a call or shoot them an e-mail to see if there are any in your area.

These would be additionals woofers or subs for up front bass. Since I will have 1 or 2 Type X subs in a blow through set up. I just wanted some type of woofer in the dash to get in the higher frequencies the Type X misses.
    I honestly wouldn't bother. There should be no gap in frequencies between the Type X subs in the blow-through and your components, given you set everything up properly. It really wouldn't be worth the cost or effort, IMO.

I do like the asthetics of Alpine, but all of my equipment will be stealthed, as I doubt I will ever show it off. What ever will produce clean power to the subs and works efficiently.

Let me know what you think.
    What amp you get really depends on whether you'll have 2 subs or 1. But, if you are happy with Alpine, they are a fine amplifier and would be a great choice.

iagrdshaka is offline Down with jimmy hats

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat
    amen, scares me....and makes me sick..
    you have that pic saved on your computer. Dont lie.

Quote Originally Posted by lubetek
    ^that sig HAS TO GO!

REFS: Vincent9515, snoopdan, delvryboy, pyro719, teamsubgopoof, coolahan, Toxic Tuan

noob with an RS is offline i poop on you

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

^ i unfortunately cant help but wonder if hasselhoff was really naked and really had some poor mammals on top of his crotch when they took the picture..

Closed Thread