Closed Thread

Reload Thread: help with trunk setup

Twistid is offline 150.5

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

help with trunk setup

i gotta buick century , and theres no way to pull the rear seat back's down, so the trunk is completly seperated from the passenger cabin ,

the way the rear speaker deck is set up though is that the 6x9's are in the trunk and upfiring through the rear deck , so when you replace them you go in through the trunk and unhook a latch to drop them ... so this leads me to wonder if i can take out the rear deck or mayby cut out a part to run my sub port through? my setup is gonna be a L7 in a large ported box, prolly the 3.25^3 plans kicker gives and i just dont want it to sound muffled or quiet being locked away in a trunk

any ideas?? i saw on cardomain where someone had the same car and ripped out the rear seats completly and put 2 15" l7's , but thats a little to extreme for me... do you think ripping out the padding behind the rear seats would make them thinner and allow for the bass to travel through it easier?

"A modest little person, with much to be modest about."
    Winston Churchill

REFS: Spicmonster(buyer), playa1(buyer), splthunder(buyer), 949runner (seller), dbman150 (trade), pbulous (trade), bumpin97jeep(trade) , spudracer326 (seller) , 99stanggt (seller) , xplicitACTS (trade) ... and forgetting a few others
    BHCSAOWKF

vgeek is offline wat

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: help with trunk setup

About the same situation happens with older Bonnevilles. A few people on other forums have taken out all of the padding from inside the seats, and removed any dampening material from the trunk and cabin to allow sound to pass through. It must work or else they wouldn't do it, but you'd have to be careful with the back seats, would be easier for them to get torn up.

Also make sure to check how much the padding is so if you ever want to fix them back up, never know what can happen in the future.

bigbangtheory is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have completley redone my rear panel so the whole thing was a port. My box was built inside of the trunk to first hold 4 audiopipe 12" subs and then when i had the money I had 4 of the mtx 9500's in there. Pm me if you are interested in the pics. It might be extreme but could give you an idea.

This was all in a 85 Cutlass Surpreme.

Refs~Max Power(ST), bnevets27(ST), 99oldsintrigue(ST), matrxx dude(BF), Ficaraudio(BF), Zachzchw(BF), tigerf117(ST), 5.7TBI(BF), DBfan187(ST), Joesph M(ST), 97gp(ST), Cornbreadxd(ST), SlappinX(ST), nycspudz03(ST), bl0ckd(BF), Sctattooer(ST), hitman34608(ST), Wackdogg(ST), ggk(ST), 03F150MrSBF(STx2), Dye4metal(ST), Mikey7182(BF), Wu501(BF), Twisted_0912(BF), Crunklech(BF), psychoacoustics(BF), Tyler Chavez(ST), GTO Dave(ST), Thisistiny(ST), DarkScorpin(BF), davidtemple(BF), BassaddictJ(BF), Geoff_off_me(BF), Dragnix(BF)

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

Twistid is offline 150.5

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sure id love to see the pics... im sure we have the same rear panel setups, mine is setup so the 6x9's are in the trunk and upfiring through the rear panel...

any other ideas?

"A modest little person, with much to be modest about."
    Winston Churchill

REFS: Spicmonster(buyer), playa1(buyer), splthunder(buyer), 949runner (seller), dbman150 (trade), pbulous (trade), bumpin97jeep(trade) , spudracer326 (seller) , 99stanggt (seller) , xplicitACTS (trade) ... and forgetting a few others
    BHCSAOWKF

bonesninja is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i have an 81 cutlass with 1 15" XXX in there. All i did was remove the rear speakers from the deck. Well, then i removed the rear trim piece inside the car and rattle proofed it because it was bangin like a bytch against the back glass. i played the sub with that piece in and that piece out and there is little to no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by chase007 View Post
    if u need a box...I'l taked 3 years of shop class so i know what im doing.

after i explained to him there's more to a proper box than boards and glue and he should practice before trying to sell boxes to others

yes personaly if it was some one elce that just starting making boxes but i'v taken shop for 3 years now...Making a lil box is nothing i don't need to pratice on a box to get it right i learned alot of stuff from 1 box and i can fix that in my next box
    after i told him that customers would care about the looks of the box

if u want some thing that looks pretty why don't u find a black guy with a big d*ck.

Closed Thread