User Tag List

Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Question About Subs and Amps?..

blaupunkt369 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question About Subs and Amps?..

ok hey guys...im not very knowledgable about caraudio and all that stuff so i need a little educating please....well let me start off by telling you what i have right now....
    HU - Blaupunkt San Jose
    Front speakers - Infinity reference 652i's
    Back speakers- right are stock but will be upgrading the real soon to the same infinitys as about

now ok here is my question...
    i want to get 1 maybe 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 10.1's maybe 12's i dunno yet i havent decided because i want it to be loud but not earth shaking

but ok so the specs on the Perfects are 75-350 watts RMS and 1,400 Peak....now ok how powerful amp would i need.....do i need an amp that runs at 350 RMS ? or if so then how does it ever reach its peak power? ... or would i need an amp that runs at an higher RMS power level? could someone just give me an estimate for me please...also could they help figure it out for me if i had 2 perfects please....i would really appreciate it.....also do you all think its a good idea to buy subs off of ebay?

oh and ok i like mostly pop punk mostly , im not really a rap guy so i don't know if the music choice of mine really helps on the decision of sub size

so any input at all guys would be greatly appreciated, THANKS!

~Pete

Mark_ab is offline The Alpha Male

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you plan on getting two Perfects, find a mate amplifier that puts out about 600w RMS at an ohm load that matches up with the drivers. I would highly recommend you not feeding them over their RMS rating. eBay is fine, but be wary of these particular drivers. They have a nasty habit of falling apart or blowing. There are many members of this board who have had Perfects come and go, myself included. Granted, it was my fault I blew them, but still. Be cautious.

Is this not a reasonable place to park?

khi
    khi is offline Idi Min

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, mark knows what he is talkin about...

If you are set on the perfects, they are very good sound quality subs. Just as mark said, i also have witnessed, these perfects blow at not too much over their rms rating.......so be a little bit careful....

if you are not set on the perfects....you might want to check out some Alpine Type R's.

that way, you will still have very good sound quality, and if u feel you want to bump a little moe and throw down a few more watts, i guarantee you will be able to with the alpines.

p e a c e

Closed Thread