i just got a new head unit (Kenwood kdc-x859) and it has 3 pair of preouts (4.5 volts). I have a Kenwood amp that is a year or two old (don't know the exact wattage) that i was planning on hooking up to my two speakers in my trunk (they are Truck speakers: 8" sub, a mid, and a hi). Should i forget about the amp and just hook them up to the head unit? If so, how would i go about doing that? If not, will the amp make that much of a difference? If anyone has any other suggestions on what to do w/ my system, please let me know.
My Entire system is:
Kenwood kdc-x859 HU
(2) Kenwood kfc-1368s 2-way door speakers
(2) Kenwood kfc-t204 flush mount tweeters in upper door panel
(2) Kenwood kfc-s136 speakers in rear deck
(2) Truck box speakers w/ 8" sub, a mid, and high in each
(1) Kenwood amp (don't know model)