Closed Thread

Reload Thread: HELP ME! Stereo wiring problems!

Darwin is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

HELP ME! Stereo wiring problems!

Hey, I am just about at the end of my rope here. Can someone please tell me why my Sony head unit works fine in my '92 240SX, but when I put my Aiwa unit in (same wires, same plugs) there's no rear sound and mute is permenantly engaged? I had it taken to a service shop and after charging me and taking a week to look at it they said there was nothing wrong with it, and that it worked fine.

WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?

Please read this thread for more information, particularly the bottom post:

http://xscaraudio.proboards7.com/ind...num=1030672846

There is only ONE difference in the actual wire harness plugs (that fit into the unit itself) that I can tell...the one that came with the Aiwa doesn't have a blue w/ white stripe one. That's the one that Nissan lists as being 'Factory Amp Turn On'. That's also the one that was tapped when I had my subwoofers and amp installed. So, I just left it, rather than uncrimp, strip, and recrimp all the wires, re-attach the tap, etc. Besides, the one that came with the Aiwa is unused. So the guy that had the Aiwa head unit before me (I bought it used) didn't use it either. And the service shop that checked my head unit didn't use it. So. I don't think that's the problem.

There is one main difference in the head units I should mention...The sony is slightly less powerful, it only has a 10A fuse (the Aiwa has a 15A).

PLEASE HELP! =/ Thanks so much!

-Darwin

Alaxan is offline Common Sense Guru

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: HELP ME! Stereo wiring problems!

Originally posted by Darwin
    Hey, I am just about at the end of my rope here. Can someone please tell me why my Sony head unit works fine in my '92 240SX, but when I put my Aiwa unit in (same wires, same plugs) there's no rear sound and mute is permenantly engaged? I had it taken to a service shop and after charging me and taking a week to look at it they said there was nothing wrong with it, and that it worked fine.

WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?

Please read this thread for more information, particularly the bottom post:

http://xscaraudio.proboards7.com/ind...num=1030672846

There is only ONE difference in the actual wire harness plugs (that fit into the unit itself) that I can tell...the one that came with the Aiwa doesn't have a blue w/ white stripe one. That's the one that Nissan lists as being 'Factory Amp Turn On'. That's also the one that was tapped when I had my subwoofers and amp installed. So, I just left it, rather than uncrimp, strip, and recrimp all the wires, re-attach the tap, etc. Besides, the one that came with the Aiwa is unused. So the guy that had the Aiwa head unit before me (I bought it used) didn't use it either. And the service shop that checked my head unit didn't use it. So. I don't think that's the problem.

There is one main difference in the head units I should mention...The sony is slightly less powerful, it only has a 10A fuse (the Aiwa has a 15A).

PLEASE HELP! =/ Thanks so much!

-Darwin
    Ummmmm get rid of both of them and buy a new headunit......If you have gone thru all of the wiring and it is done properly.....(they should be NOWHERE near the same plug by the way) There is only one thing left to do.......either install the sony and deal with it or get rid of them both and mvoe up in quality unit.

-Alax
    CEO Alchemy Computer Systems

Questions or comments?
    Yahoo: Static_Lullaby_77
    AOL: StaticLulaby1977
    MSN: Alaxinlord@hotmail.com

Darwin is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fixed

Sorry, I forgot to follow up on this forum. I finally fixed it though. =) Found someone who knew what wire to tap where.

Thanks though.

Closed Thread