Closed Thread

Reload Thread: idea for people with tight budget

dan3286 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

idea for people with tight budget

i had this idea and it will work for those of us with a tight budget. im only 16 and can only work weekends til next june so money is hard to come by but i have found the perfect way to get a good system. get a job workin at your local publix winn dixie piggly wiggly whatever... then in the summer when you can work more hrs get a job with best buy or a car audio place. best buy will higher someone at 16 to work media (sorting cds all day and gettin paid for it) and give you store discount.... on anything. need some amps? half off (not sure if thats the exact discount but i think its pretty close) just thought id share that idea for those who are tight on money and want a system

ace7733 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    good idea, you might also look into purchasing equipment online, where you will save a lot over retail

www.ebay.com

-

Heresy is offline Going Against the Grain

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Best Buy has one of the worst car audio selections around. You get a 50% discount on everything but when your choices are limited to Sony, RF, and LA... You are not exactly gonna have the ability to get into a huge variety of equipment. I say just try getting a job at a local shop. Offer to be a non-paid intern for a length of time and then see if you can get in that way. It's better to be working with people who care about what they do than taking advice from a half-assed drone(minus a select few) that just tries to sell whatever is on the shelf.

Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum -- Vegetius

"I told her about my conversation three years ago with the political leader of Islamic Jihad in Gaza. "What's the difference between suicide, which the Koran condemns, and martyrdom?" I asked. "Suicide," he replied, "is done out of despair. But remember: most of our martyrs today were very successful in their earthly lives." In short, there was a future to live for--and they detonated it anyway."

excelonperu is offline livin it up

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    get a job, wherever you get paid more, or tipped more, and then shop at ebay, definitely the best prices, way under retail!

97 cavalier
    Kenwood Excelon KDC - X659
    front: 4x6 infinity refrence plate speakers
    rear: Blaupunkt psx693
    amp for sub: US acoustics 50x2 RMS
    Sub: Kenwood 3005
    Knukonceptz wiring

mykeys is offline URABUS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ebay is good but unless it is from an ebay store you have no real guarantees.. I look through http://ubid.com A lot of stuff is new some is refurbished but all have an mfgs warrantee..they also have ubid preferred partners and the consumer exchange but I dont even look at that stuff..You can get the same type of deal as ebay with more benies if you look.. They dont always have good stuff but they always have something worth checking out.

Mike

Your friendly neighborhood subaru freak!

Brock is offline SEXYTIME!! NIIICE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh yeah, ubid.com is god. I've ordered a lot of stuff from them over the past year or so. They actually have some good stuff if you check it everyday and wait for it to pop up, but now most of it is junk, but still better than best buy's mexican made crap.

DiamondAudioFan is offline Superior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Circuit City is better than Best Buy.

Get a job there if you wanna buy Alpine stuff.

--Greg

Closed Thread