Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Yea im new and i need help

spiker22 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yea im new and i need help

First of all i have no idea about this audio stuff lol so bear with me hear.

i was lookin at the Kicker S12L74 12's i want a lot of bass so i was thinkin bout gettin 2 it says reccomended RMS power is 750W and peak power is 1500W
    and it says sumthin bout dual 4 ohm. Now i need a amp wat will make it sound nice lol

danteBirosel is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Yea im new and i need help

Wow 2 kicker L7 as a starter system? wanna go big all of a sudden i see? your gonna need a 1500 watt amp that can handle those subs. How will you build your box? sealed or ported? What kind of car is this being installed into?

also known as... LivinLife

[ References ] q-ball (kickerL5), ssackett (yellowtop), chaarlieee, Kenny Polluck (motoBTheadset), BassAddictJ, Iamamp3pimp (enclosure), lilmaniac2 (paintball gun, motors, & others), cardinalsfan (I paid half, den paid the rest), amorsh (sub), nVRuckus, LeofromtheH (amp), k4rts, rassymx, sublime0420x, lax916, ilaydit, KSilver2000, Raven, mtdewelf, SiX, KngOfThePkngLot, Dozy_production, supa_c, davidfre21, trevor87, bumpn_gt, Pistonsfav70, dbubble & moreeee!!!

cappy72 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

first thing that you need to know... amps really dont make subs sound nice... some of them are subjective to criticism more than others ....

but bottom line is look for an amp that does 1500rms @ 1 ohm

spiker22 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

r u guys sure cuz i want 2 and it said that the reccomended was 750W for 1 and i want my **** to bump

and i can get like any amp pushin 1500W or should i look for a certain kind?

plus i dont have a car yet im lookin for 1 im just tryin to get all this **** together so i can find out how much it will all cost and start savin lol

o n wat the hell is the difference between sealed or watever u said about the box?? wats better

Chainsaw45 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes 750+750=1500 that will be enough to bump plenty loud. Ported will increase output and make subs louder but for L7's you'll need a pretty big box for 2 12''s. Orion, Viper, Incriminator Audio, Directed, Alpine, Rockford Fosgate, Kicker, JL Audio all make good amps. Look at their RMS rating not peak rating. If your not going to have enough room to port 2 12's look into getting 1 15'' ported. Most people on here believe the L7's sound best ported. Talk to Polecat about Kicker stuff he'll help you alot.

My Setup:
    Headunit-Alpine 9847
    Front Speakers- Rockford Fosgate Power 6 1/2's
    Rear Speakers- Alpine Type S 6x9's
    Speaker Amp- Kenwood KAC-8402
    Sub- Alpine Type R 12''
    Sub Amp-Kenwood KAC-9152D

vasilios is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

wow, do your homework first...search around. really delve into and study this stuff.

i did and i installed my first system w/o any help from any forums/shops. it took me a while, but i did it and saved sooooo much $$$ in the process.

of course this is just if you want to become a do-it-yourselfer. it is a fun and rewarding hobbie.

Closed Thread