Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Shady Onlinecarstereo stuff :(

aggybong is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Shady Onlinecarstereo stuff :(

After a lot of debating I picked up http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=12436 from Onlinecarstereo. I had the option of picking them up from ebay for a little bit less (10-15 bucks) but decided Onlinecarstereo's 1 year warranty was worth it, and that you never really know what you are going to get from Ebay.

After waiting a week to recieve them, I spent an hour trying to figure out why I couldn't get them to fit in my doors, even after driving to Walmart and buying an adapter. I start searching online and realized that the speakers don't look like the ones I had purchased, so I looked at the box and realized they had sent: http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=15037 instead.

I called them and found out that the M361i's were discontinued, and that Onlinecarstereo automatically replaced them with the D361i's instead, not realizing that, uh..they are different **** sizes. They didn't even inform me of this. At least they are sending UPS tomorrow to pick them up, though I am a little pissed for having to wait for a refund before I can pick something else up :|

My luck with car audio is starting to be laughable. After burning a $330 amp, blowing a speaker that these were supposed to replace, buying some 6x9s for the rear that didn't fit, and getting 2 faulty subs, I'm starting to think I am cursed
    Last edited by aggybong; 09-15-2005 at 10:18 PM.

Alpine 9830 Deck
    Diamond Audio M361i's powered by a Cadence Z8000
    10" Alpine Type-R '04 powered by a JBL BP600.1

iceteebone is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Re: Shady Onlinecarstereo stuff :(

do we have another lspimp here?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you can make them fit.... it's quite easy...

Caraudio.com - Where the average member couldn't wire a SPST toggle if they had to.

More proof.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_as View Post
    I need a program or something that will help me find mounting depth without having to build box and such...
    No, Andy, I'm sure the context is fine.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have no idea who lspimp is, but I take it that's not a good thing? Someone explain :o

And how can I make them fit? I've tried using the general purpose speaker adapter, and that surely didn't work.

Alpine 9830 Deck

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aggybong
    I have no idea who lspimp, but I take it that's not a good thing? Someone explain :o

And how can I make them fit?
    MDF rings, $7 and a little time

Caraudio.com - Where the average member couldn't wire a SPST toggle if they had to.

More proof.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_as View Post
    I need a program or something that will help me find mounting depth without having to build box and such...
    No, Andy, I'm sure the context is fine.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't have the tools to mod a MDF ring.

Alpine 9830 Deck

krouchchocolate is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i think guy02007 or something like that makes them.

References
    -teqnek, -Moe Lester, -photocrazy8, -guy022077, -jmiller0526, -ruckus, -vitveet, -mr.*******, -NisAznMonk, -Vincent9515, -davidfre21, -Matt281, -nickm, -Megalomaniac
    -tisnigkanick, -ghart999

HiAmplidude is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sheesh, you should be happy they even pick up the phone, much less, send UPS for a pickup/return (even IF it's their fault).

Most online "sellers" aren't authorized and don't give a cr4p about YOU. Even if you get an email response from them 2 months later, expect nothing more than... "All sales are final... thanks..."

P.S. A Dremel is your friend.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That is when the words "Chargeback" come to mind. Onlinecarstereo is fairly popular, so I would never expect something like that from them.

And yes, I'm sure there are a billion+1 ways to make them fit, but that isn't the point. They swapped products on me without even telling me, let alone giving me the option of cancelling. Do you guys just accept bad service like that?

Alpine 9830 Deck

Ignatowski is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

next time do some more research - onlinecarstereo.com is unautherized
    and if your going to go unautherized( which I do) go get the cheaper seller - Ebay,
    caraudioshoppe and the12vKings on Ebay are huge Diamond sellers and do an excellent job of getting your gear delieverd fast,packed right and at the best prices
    I only by Diamond Audio at these 2 places,and if they dont have it I dont buy it

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wasn't too worried about them being "authorized" or not, at least with their 1 year warranty. A lot of people use them to buy their stuff, and I rarely, if ever, heard of problems with them. I could see not being authorized when buying from some random guy on eBay who sells them for 1\3rd of what they are worth, but when dealing with a bigger site, I don't believe it matters. Is there a reason to, besides (sometimes) losing the manufacturer warranty?

I guess I could have praised them for sending UPS to pick them up, but this was 100% their mistake. Besides, this is only the first step. We'll see how long it will take them to refund my money. The *biggest* thing about that is they KNOWINGLY swapped the speakers WITHOUT informing me or letting me cancel. That's just bad business.

Alpine 9830 Deck

iceteebone is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

these unathorized dealers **** balls. i got a amp from ikesound that has a busted terminal, i called ikesound and they said to e-mail dustin so i e-mailed dustin and have failed to receive a response from dustin.

lotas is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iceteebone
    these unathorized dealers **** balls. i got a amp from ikesound that has a busted terminal, i called ikesound and they said to e-mail dustin so i e-mailed dustin and have failed to receive a response from dustin.
    gotta love getting the runaround
    acaraudio.com
    "email our return department"
    "you need to mark the title as RA #"
    "you need to call to get an RA #"

I was on the phone with them, outraged, furious, annoyed, I had to give my little order # everytime I called, and I called so many times I still to this day remember my order #.... its been a year.

I highly reccomend you stay away from the unauthorized cheap online sites. I paid $375 for a JL 300/4 from acaraudio.com and it came broken, because they messed it up taking the serial # out from inside, which is illegal i believe, and i had to pay $135 to have it repaired. By the time it was all said and done I wouldve paid less if I bought it through Car Toys....

are there some okay unauth. stores? sure, and thats great if it works for you, but I just dont think its worth it.

Pioneer, JL Audio, Bravox, Peerless

Flipx99 is offline Violator of Terms

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

i bought my DAT amp from carstereoshoppe as mentioned above. It didn't look the same as the pic on the manufacturers website...but it works good and des exactly what I need. I think maybe it is an older model. Anyway carsteroshoppe on ebay is good seller, to me anway. I bought my kappas from onlinecarstereo.com....package arrived with ants in it. They were still alive. Now we got some CA ants in TN.

Black cat, white cat...all that matters is that it catches mice. -Deng Xiaoing

I do homework for money. I specialize in finance. PM me for estimates.

If someone uses me as a reference, please contact me first.

Chevillac is offline The X Factor

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Look man be happy they did what they did for you, how is that bad service. While they could have notified you yes, they were just trying to make you happy by giving you the next thing. Then when you called they sent UPS to pick them up and you are getting a refund. I dont see how you are complaining about their service when all they were trying to do the whole time was make you sastisfied, im sure other people would probly be like "well replace it with something else" so they just did that. Oh well, I think onlinecarstereo was good enough and good customer service.

At least 4125 Soldiers Died In Iraq R.I.P
    FORUM BLACK LIST(The Originators!)
    Devillain00,sumone, KARLEON, Worlddre(BABD) LBX2G, Lemans23 aka Pv_audio, Black_Jesus, Kali77(MIA), Cobra_Commander, Niggz89, adio, dbubble, hjrouter76, 80INCHES, 937DYTBOI, speedyd718, Bdawson72, atoz350

Quote Originally Posted by duece212 View Post
    whats the world coming to, we have a bunch of prideless dicksuckers in our midst

refs: I rob people, I steal

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast