Closed Thread

Reload Thread: 2002 Toyota Sienna help

Spooby is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2002 Toyota Sienna help

Alright. My dad has a 2002 Toyota Sienna minivan with the JBL sound system in it. The passenger side front speaker is rattling REALLY bad. What I'd like to know is if I can just buy a regular mid-range driver and install it in that spot. Or will I need to replace it with a full blown component system.

I REALLY would rather just change out the damaged speaker as cheaply as possible. I wasn't sure if there was a passive crossover in the door, similar to the component systems you can buy.

Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated

"Car Audio, my Anti-Drug"...lol, we're too broke to buy drugs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 2002 Toyota Sienna help

Junkyard would be your best option. However, since you are talking the JBL sound system, your chances of finding a replacement just went out the window. What I would recomend doing is to get the size of the driver and then purchase one of the same size online somewhere, OEM quality. My recomendation however would be to purchase a nice component system for his birthday, christmas, or whathaveyou and then install it for him as an added oomph in the gift giving.

Gallery updated 4/24/2005 - More to come
    Audiobahn = teh sux

Spooby is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 2002 Toyota Sienna help

Quote Originally Posted by Spr0ket
    Junkyard would be your best option. However, since you are talking the JBL sound system, your chances of finding a replacement just went out the window. What I would recomend doing is to get the size of the driver and then purchase one of the same size online somewhere, OEM quality. My recomendation however would be to purchase a nice component system for his birthday, christmas, or whathaveyou and then install it for him as an added oomph in the gift giving.
    I actually like the sound coming from the JBL stock system. In my eyes, if I don't amplify an aftermarket component system, there really would be no reason to replace what is in there. Crutchfield has a sale on the Blaupunkty TSc660 component system set, and it features a 6.5" oversize woofer.

I was thinking about using just the woofers out of that set and doing a straight up replacement for both of the woofers in the doors. I was hoping to see if anyone knew if the stock JBL system had a crossover in it, or should i drop the Blaupunkt's in and call it a day? Think any other stock toyota/lexus speakers would work?

"Car Audio, my Anti-Drug"...lol, we're too broke to buy drugs.

Closed Thread