Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Shallow mount subs?

MisterGrubbs is offline Kinda Old School

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Shallow mount subs?

All right, it's simple. I just got an 02 quad cab dodge, so there aint much room, and as stupid as it is, I'm just going to pick up a pre-fab sealed box off ebay for my truck. The problem - I'm going to go ahead with two 10's, have about .7^ft of airspace a piece...total moutning depth is approximately 5.5"

So - I know I've seen some shallow mounts on here that have a 4.5" or so mounting depth - can anyone suggest to me what subs? SQ is fairly important, but they need to get kinda loud, although I'm trying to prevent ANY rattling in my truck as much as possible. Stock infinity door speakers are staying, since they dont sound half bad and well - I dont want to pay to put in comps haha

So - what speakers, what kind of price range do you think they can be had for.

Also - any other ideas? Nothing stupid

Amp = 150x2 at 4ohm, or 225x2 at 2ohms, 450x1 at 4 bridged...so keep that in mind please...

I appreciate it

Grubby

Educational session for you retards of the forum:Use there when referring to a place, whether concrete or more abstract. No kove, I will not come over there. Use their to indicate possession. Members of this forum have lost their minds. Remember that they're is a contraction of the words they and are. They're all idiots!

References(Some of them):SteveyHustle, PepsiFiend69, SubNoize05, BushJ311, Mrray13, Hintzyboy, dbubble, 528hz, Twisted_0912, RKPsk8er
    Ebay: 35+ 100% Feedback Paypal: 14+ Verified

JimJ is offline Tangled Up in Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Shallow mount subs?

Acoustic Elegance/Stryke Audio makes a 10" with 2.5" of clearance, IIRC...

SIN used to have a link to them with pictures. Looks a lot like the old Phase Aliante "platter" subs.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

LoL I dont need it to be a complete piece of junk man :-) lol

I dont know nothing about them though - I need subs that I can get, maybe a shallow moutn ED or something

Educational session for you retards of the forum:Use there when referring to a place, whether concrete or more abstract. No kove, I will not come over there. Use their to indicate possession. Members of this forum have lost their minds. Remember that they're is a contraction of the words they and are. They're all idiots!

References(Some of them):SteveyHustle, PepsiFiend69, SubNoize05, BushJ311, Mrray13, Hintzyboy, dbubble, 528hz, Twisted_0912, RKPsk8er

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Stryke Audio a piece of junk?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thus the reason I said "I don't know nothing about the subs though" :-) lol, so inform me a little bit man, I'm not familiar with Stryke and I really do need to pick up two subs...please? lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I can't remember their URL off the top of my head, but Google should yield good results.

They're excellent subs - single 8 ohm VC's, IIRC...so you'd probably want two anyway.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what does IIRC stand for?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

http://yellow.mynethost.com/~bv12636...9ca9cdbd6825e6 Okay so this appears to be a ****** sub, but right now I really cant afford 150 bucks plus shipping per sub - is there any other options open to me? I was looking more like 150 shipped on two subs, just need something that is fairly mediocre lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

IIRC = if I recall correctly.

What about Crystal CMP's?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the CMP's look mean as hell, but I cant afford that

I think that Memphis 10" PR's are goign to be the sub of choice, for now. Thanks

yz_gt69 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How is your back seat mounted?? I have an 04 Sierra E/C. The clearance was only 7.5". So one day I fab'ed up some blocks, similar to a lift kit on a truck. Raised the seat up 3". I don't usually taxi ppl around nor am I personal friends with Shaq so the headroom wasn't a major issue. I am 6' and still fit comfortably, additionally, your legroom is "increased". More importantly, I now have 10" of clearance under there. This was plently to build a sealed enclosure to host my to 12" MTX Thunders...

Think about it. I will get the pics developed soon. I encorporated a pretty cool mount for the amp too. Managed to keep everything under the seat, so the truck will seat 5, and I can still store my rig bag and other stuff on top of the seat.

Anyway, if you want more in depth ideas, let me know. This has turned into a d@mn book.

vasilios is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

pioneer makes that one shallow-mount "truck" sub....

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vasilios
    pioneer makes that one shallow-mount "truck" sub....
    i have the box for taht sub too its nice looking.

GSXR 2001 1k
    CBR 900RR 1999

vasilios is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

its stiff as hell!! i tried pushing the cone in pretty hard and it barely moved, lol..either that or it was sealed pretty d*mn good.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The pioneer is also like 100+ for that one sub, is it not? I was told it was very comparible to a w3v2 from JL...meh, we'll see, and as far as lifting that back seat - it's a cool *** idea, but I dont wanna get into modifying this truck more than I have to bro, so I'm going to keep it simple. Besides, two 10's under the seat should be enough to satisfy me, but if I ever need more I'll contact you :-)

My amp is going under driver seat and I'm going to create some skirts to go around the entire bottom of the seats, so you cant tell **** :-)

Appreciate the ideas, any more sub wise?

Closed Thread