Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Any Ideas?

I wish to incorporate a P\C into my car audio system? At the moment it consists of 4 Soundstream SPL15's in sealed separate boxes, powered by 2 Alpine MRV 1507 amps. Focal Utopia 3way splits in the doors, and Pioneer 8in 3way co-ax in the rear' these are powered by Alpine MRV F407. All controlled by Alpine CDA 7865 head unit. I want the P\C in it for the versatility- DVD, MP3, NO CD's BIG screen. LCD 15in. I was thinking about connecting the P\C via optic fibre to an Alpine HXA 510 Processor then amps after that. anyone think is's possible.

mega db is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well are you going to have enough software to run all this make sure you have a sh*t load of ram to process the data and make sure the cpu is well cooled good luck!

ramos is offline Still learning

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)
    Most hard drives are extremely susceptable to vibration. This could have bad side effects in a car. But with a laptop HD you might not have a problem.

5 % equipment
    90 % install
    5% beer

camaudio is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    another option,if you have the money and it sounds like you do, is tho go with all solid state memory, and build a computer with no moving parts other than some cooling fans. theres also companies that make (READY MADE) computers for cars. i dont remember the site, but im sure if you search, you will find

Unregistered Guest

I have just recently put a P/C in my car! I have no problems with the hard drive at all...even my DVD player doesnt skip. But there is one problem that I am still trying to solve...My DC to AC converter makes a TON of noise. When im at my house and I just plug an extension cord into my computer, it all goes away. My video also gets a little bit of snow in it with the converter. So here's MY question to everyone, which in turn can help you out with your install. Should I try to put a filter on my DC side? Or should i somehow find a filter for my AC side? I had a smaller converter in there, i upgraded to a larger one and still had the problem. I can live with the snow in my video if i have to, but the noise is horrible! Maybe just put a couple of filters on my RCA's? I still get the noise even when i play my CD's of my deck, but its minimal, and it only happens when i turn my converter on. But over all, I personally dont think that putting a P/C in your car is a bad idea, just invest in some Dynamat, and magnetic sheilding! Any answers to my question/s would be VERY helpful, since im in a desperate situation. My email is "[email protected]". Oh, and i put my computer in sideways instead of standing up...STILL DOESNT SKIP ON DVD'S!!! Yeah!!

Closed Thread