Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: What's your favorite

Rmsanger is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What's your favorite

If you could buy one name brand for HU's the rest of your life what would it be. I just picked 5 of the most popular brands so if you have a different vote than just let me know.

TwinTurboZX is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Alpine all the way, pioneers are waaaaaaaay overrated!

Mark_ab is offline The Alpha Male

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Overrated? How? What is overrated? Have you heard the Pioneer P9?
    My vote would go for Sony Mobile ES or Eclipse 8000 series.

Is this not a reasonable place to park?

Alaxan is offline Common Sense Guru

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am gonna say Pioneer just because I am currently setting up an entire a/v system based on their high end series and love the functionality and features. Alpine? Not if it was given to me over a choice to be set aflame! Too many headaches and issues with them breaking or cd's skipping and blah blah blah. However if Eclipese would make a more appealing apreance to their units I would have to consider one of those.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Alaxan
    I am gonna say Pioneer just because I am currently setting up an entire a/v system based on their high end series and love the functionality and features. Alpine? Not if it was given to me over a choice to be set aflame! Too many headaches and issues with them breaking or cd's skipping and blah blah blah. However if Eclipese would make a more appealing apreance to their units I would have to consider one of those.
    Why do you have to make false accusations on behalf of Alpine to make your pioneer purchase sound more credible or justified. Whoever has had Alpine units loves them, they are of the highest quality and never skip. Unlike the cheaply made pioneer units which have made a name for themselves for no reason. Don't tell me you bought pioneer speakers also.

BTW I agree with Mark_AB Sony Mobile ES are **** fine head units.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Personal preference takes me away from anything Sony tho the mobile ES are a decent unit. As far as the "claims" of alpine? I have a number of friends and have had a number of Alpine units in the past that have not measured up to a test of time. The new ones may or may not be a bit nicer, but after the rep they got with me from the start why bother?

As far as Pioneer being a "lesser" brand......Alpine does not have an in-dash 7" lcd dvd player(of which I am using) They also do not have some of the other features I am running. When I say pioneer you are to ASSume that I am getting what, one of their $150.00 units? Check out details before you try to slam something next time man and check Alpine and Pioneer's web sites and look at the top of the line in each class.....before you compare a high end alpine to a walmart special Pioneer.

phil6555 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alpine *****

I would recommend pioneer just because i have never had any problem with them and they sound good and have alot of features. I have had 2 alpine head units and one amp and i hated all of them i have also seen my uncles alpine unit screw up and the display didnt want to work right. I went as far as to return my amp and buy another rockford i wish i could have returned the rest of my alpine crap.

Phil

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Alaxan
    Personal preference takes me away from anything Sony tho the mobile ES are a decent unit. As far as the "claims" of alpine? I have a number of friends and have had a number of Alpine units in the past that have not measured up to a test of time. The new ones may or may not be a bit nicer, but after the rep they got with me from the start why bother?

As far as Pioneer being a "lesser" brand......Alpine does not have an in-dash 7" lcd dvd player(of which I am using) They also do not have some of the other features I am running. When I say pioneer you are to ASSume that I am getting what, one of their $150.00 units? Check out details before you try to slam something next time man and check Alpine and Pioneer's web sites and look at the top of the line in each class.....before you compare a high end alpine to a walmart special Pioneer.
    I'm sorry but SOny Mobile ES are more than a decent unit, infact they kick ***. I don't know about the new Xplod ES units but the old ones sounded amazing with their Brown-Bur DAC's and 5.5V preouts. Now if you want to talk HIGH END, nothing can relly touch the ALpine CDA-7990 F1 Status, if you don't know what I'm talking about go check it out at www.alpine1.com

ss3079 is offline Eh Dere Hi Dere Ho-ser

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think you should check out the Pioneer Premier's and then form an oppinion. The Premier's are made with quality, and there not cheap, just like the Alpine's. Get a Premier and compare it to an Alpine and you will find that the Premier gives the Alpine a run for its money.

2007 Chrysler 300C

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab
    Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid
    Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by DJGTSR
    I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by ss3079
    I think you should check out the Pioneer Premier's and then form an oppinion. The Premier's are made with quality, and there not cheap, just like the Alpine's. Get a Premier and compare it to an Alpine and you will find that the Premier gives the Alpine a run for its money.
    How does pioneer give Alpine a run for their money when you have to spend over $600 on a pioneer for a 4V preamps compared to the $300 Alpines with 4V preamps. Also I wonder why on their website pioneer doesn't print the Signal to Noise ratio of their decks, Hmm could it be becuase they are less than 100 dBs?? Pioneer is not serious car audio, they make a lot of **** just like Sony, Panasonic, JVC. Alpine only makes car audio equipment with all their R&D concentrated on car audio and they know what they're doing. END OF STORY.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Are you an Alpine rep? Good grief, I've never seen someone fight so feverishly trying to dismiss someone elses' opinions as incorrect. Go to an IASCA SQ event and look at the head units being used. The Pioneer P9/D9 combonation is used quite often, as is C90/C910 (sony), the 8000 series Eclipse and the Alpine F1. To say that Pioneer is "not serious car audio" is both ignorant and ludicrous (in regards to head units). END OF STORY.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Mark_ab
    Are you an Alpine rep? Good grief, I've never seen someone fight so feverishly trying to dismiss someone elses' opinions as incorrect. Go to an IASCA SQ event and look at the head units being used. The Pioneer P9/D9 combonation is used quite often, as is C90/C910 (sony), the 8000 series Eclipse and the Alpine F1. To say that Pioneer is "not serious car audio" is both ignorant and ludicrous (in regards to head units). END OF STORY.
    No I'm not a rep for Alpine. ANyways, do you know where I can find more info on the Sony C90, is it available on sale in the US or just Japan cause I couldn't find it on the sony web-site.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The problem lies in the fact that Pioneer is a more well catered market range. They have the low end line that anyone can afford and has little to no features and they have the highest end possible too that has more fun stuff on it than you can imagine and gives an excellent SQ and a decent pre-out. But when your running a good higher end amp that cple volts of pre-out I have found are not always what is necessary. Besides anything else you run it thru. Such as, EQ, sound processor or whatever may not even allow a high voltage out to the amp so you just defeated the purpose in having a high voltage out! Pick one or the other, but either way you look at it it is what you feel the most comfortable with and what you feel sounds the best right? Then again one advantage I found to the pioneer was I could cater a setting on the EQ and position of the sound even for each judge as I got to know what they were looking for at different shows, but learning is another part of the whole car audio experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by TwinTurboZX

No I'm not a rep for Alpine. ANyways, do you know where I can find more info on the Sony C90, is it available on sale in the US or just Japan cause I couldn't find it on the sony web-site.
    They discontinued making the unit when Sony started making it's famed (for crappiness) Xplod line. When I was looking into the unit the best Information I could find for it was either off of eBay or off of www.carreview.com .

Rmsanger is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Calm down boys, again it is just an HU. I mean I really like car audio but I do not value it that high. I wanted just to take a general concensus of which name brand everybody is loyal too. It's just the same as what do you prefer Honda's or Toyota's. I mean it's all opinion. I personally don't care for the look of Alpine but the SQ of Pioneer is as good as Alpine either. I think when all is considered if you value both apperance and SQ their about equal. I think Nakamichi is probably the best I've heard then Eclipse but I don't really think their worth the money. To me their isn't really one brand that jumps out and just give me a ***** twister. I think probably in the end my next deck is going to be an Eclipse CD 5442 or a Premier 8400.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast