Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Reload Thread: Sub Suggestions

  1. #1
    walkychalky's Avatar
    walkychalky is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    966
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Sub Suggestions

    i need some suggestions on a couple of 15's that'll have pretty good SQL, ported at 34 hz with about 2.91 cubes per sub (thats about the biggest box i can fit).....i listen to mostly rap....my amp is an orion 2500d so i want something i can wire down to 1ohm....so preferrably something that is dual 4ohm....thanx for the help







  2. #2
    walkychalky's Avatar
    walkychalky is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    966
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sub Suggestions

    actually i probably should've put this in the subwoofer forum...my bad...feel free to move it




  3. #3
    walkychalky's Avatar
    walkychalky is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    966
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sub Suggestions

    anyone???.....




  4. #4
    SSS 18734's Avatar
    SSS 18734 is offline Dollar Menu Millionaire



    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    5,457
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Sub Suggestions

    search, theres a lot of threads about this.

    also, might want to include a budget.



    Bought From:
    Absolutnockout, zachzchw, Untouchable11, j3bus2k3 (x2), 92c1v1c, jeeper07, acubsfan, bkjt05, Goldenknob, Goindef154, Basscourt2009, TeamSouthrnBass, oldschoolboomer, 99grandprixGT
    Sold to:
    Gearguy2001 (American Bass SQ780)
    Tw1st3d13 (2 Fi BL 15's)

  5. #5
    walkychalky's Avatar
    walkychalky is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    966
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sub Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by SSS 18734
    search, theres a lot of threads about this.

    also, might want to include a budget.
    i would search but i need opinions specific to that box size and i dont know how to figure that in with my search.....id say about 600 for both subs is about what i'm willing to spend....but cheaper is better.....just depends on what'll sound best....i was thinking maybe a couple type-R's....what do u think?




  6. #6
    walkychalky's Avatar
    walkychalky is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    966
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sub Suggestions

    this threads gettin lonely...a lil help please??




  7. #7
    SSS 18734's Avatar
    SSS 18734 is offline Dollar Menu Millionaire



    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    5,457
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Sub Suggestions

    a pair of SX 15's or rl-p 15's might be in line for you. Should be less than 600 for either. Type R's ull only spend maybe 250 on.

    The SX's would work especially well with that power



    Bought From:
    Absolutnockout, zachzchw, Untouchable11, j3bus2k3 (x2), 92c1v1c, jeeper07, acubsfan, bkjt05, Goldenknob, Goindef154, Basscourt2009, TeamSouthrnBass, oldschoolboomer, 99grandprixGT
    Sold to:
    Gearguy2001 (American Bass SQ780)
    Tw1st3d13 (2 Fi BL 15's)

  8. #8
    walkychalky's Avatar
    walkychalky is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    966
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sub Suggestions

    would the SX's perform well in a box thats only about 3 cubes....the recommended by RE is 3.5....that was my original choice but i thought the box bein that small might hinder their performance too much.....although i am not competing or anything...so u think theyd be fine for a daily driving set-up?.....i jus want loud deep bass that sounds decent




  9. #9
    BassAddictJ's Avatar
    BassAddictJ is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    12,606
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)

    Re: Sub Suggestions

    xxx 15.........cant go wrong...find someone selling one in the classified.....the single sub setups are nice when the installs are done right, adn that amp is PERFECT for a xxx......



    Team American Power Systems
    Pioneer Avic N5 Navi + CD-UB100 USB Adapter. RARE Circa 1996 PPI Ax606.2 in BLACK (1 of 400ish made) with 2 rare black graphic spacers.
    CDT DRT-25 1'' Silk Dome Tweeters / CDT ES-04 4'' Midranges / RE Audio XXX 6.5'' 2ohm Neo Mids In Glassed Kick Pods
    American Power Systems 240amp H.O. Alty / (2) Deka 8a31, 1/0 front to back.
    Unknown Prototype 3k @ 1ohm. TRF/PSI 8 layer 4in coil hybrid beast in 3 cubs @ 33Hz / Raammat 40sqft in the trunk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haunz View Post
    You could put 12V to my balls and clamp my dick to get 3kW+.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
    Glad this got bumped so I could fap to it again.

  10. #10
    SSS 18734's Avatar
    SSS 18734 is offline Dollar Menu Millionaire



    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    5,457
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Sub Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by walkychalky
    would the SX's perform well in a box thats only about 3 cubes....the recommended by RE is 3.5....that was my original choice but i thought the box bein that small might hinder their performance too much.....although i am not competing or anything...so u think theyd be fine for a daily driving set-up?.....i jus want loud deep bass that sounds decent
    it would probobally hinder their low end performance a little being in a box that small... how much I really dont know. maybe you could get some 12's? A 3 cube box for a 12" SX would work nicely. Im sure you could mod the box to fit 12's.



    Bought From:
    Absolutnockout, zachzchw, Untouchable11, j3bus2k3 (x2), 92c1v1c, jeeper07, acubsfan, bkjt05, Goldenknob, Goindef154, Basscourt2009, TeamSouthrnBass, oldschoolboomer, 99grandprixGT
    Sold to:
    Gearguy2001 (American Bass SQ780)
    Tw1st3d13 (2 Fi BL 15's)

  11. #11
    walkychalky's Avatar
    walkychalky is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    966
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sub Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by BassAddictJ
    xxx 15.........cant go wrong...find someone selling one in the classified.....the single sub setups are nice when the installs are done right, adn that amp is PERFECT for a xxx......
    the only problem there is i'll have to get a new box built....which equals more money and time (and i dont have any clue how to build a ported enclosure myself)....and which do u think would get louder? the single XXX in a custom enclosure built to RE's recomendations or 2 SX's in my 2.91^3 per chamber box tuned to 34 Hz..?....i'll be willing to go to the XXX if u think it would be louder.....but if i not i'll probably just go with the SX's




  12. #12
    SSS 18734's Avatar
    SSS 18734 is offline Dollar Menu Millionaire



    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    5,457
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Sub Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by walkychalky
    the only problem there is i'll have to get a new box built....which equals more money and time (and i dont have any clue how to build a ported enclosure myself)....and which do u think would get louder? the single XXX in a custom enclosure built to RE's recomendations or 2 SX's in my 2.91^3 per chamber box tuned to 34 Hz..?....i'll be willing to go to the XXX if u think it would be louder.....but if i not i'll probably just go with the SX's
    I doubt a single XXX would be louder than 2 SX's. if both were setup properly, that is



    Bought From:
    Absolutnockout, zachzchw, Untouchable11, j3bus2k3 (x2), 92c1v1c, jeeper07, acubsfan, bkjt05, Goldenknob, Goindef154, Basscourt2009, TeamSouthrnBass, oldschoolboomer, 99grandprixGT
    Sold to:
    Gearguy2001 (American Bass SQ780)
    Tw1st3d13 (2 Fi BL 15's)

  13. #13
    walkychalky's Avatar
    walkychalky is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    966
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sub Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by SSS 18734
    it would probobally hinder their low end performance a little being in a box that small... how much I really dont know. maybe you could get some 12's? A 3 cube box for a 12" SX would work nicely. Im sure you could mod the box to fit 12's.
    it actually already has 12's in it...i was gonna have it modded to fit 15's....i was just looking to get some boomier bass...ive been told the 15's will give that to u better than 12's....but either way it'll probably be boomier than my flame q's i currently have in there




  14. #14
    SSS 18734's Avatar
    SSS 18734 is offline Dollar Menu Millionaire



    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    5,457
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Sub Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by walkychalky
    it actually already has 12's in it...i was gonna have it modded to fit 15's....i was just looking to get some boomier bass...ive been told the 15's will give that to u better than 12's....but either way it'll probably be boomier than my flame q's i currently have in there
    In that case, I would get teh 12's. They will be in a box better suited for them. But to be honest, I have not heard/owned these subs, so I cant really tell you what would be best for them.

    15's will get louder, but not in a box that is all wrong for them. If you really want 15's, build a new box. It would be pointless to put the SX 15's in a box all wrong for them.



    Bought From:
    Absolutnockout, zachzchw, Untouchable11, j3bus2k3 (x2), 92c1v1c, jeeper07, acubsfan, bkjt05, Goldenknob, Goindef154, Basscourt2009, TeamSouthrnBass, oldschoolboomer, 99grandprixGT
    Sold to:
    Gearguy2001 (American Bass SQ780)
    Tw1st3d13 (2 Fi BL 15's)

  15. #15
    walkychalky's Avatar
    walkychalky is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    966
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sub Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by SSS 18734
    In that case, I would get teh 12's. They will be in a box better suited for them. But to be honest, I have not heard/owned these subs, so I cant really tell you what would be best for them.

    15's will get louder, but not in a box that is all wrong for them. If you really want 15's, build a new box. It would be pointless to put the SX 15's in a box all wrong for them.
    yah i was gonna build a new box for the SX 15's but then when i measured i realized i didnt have the room in my jeep....the thing i'm worried about with the 12's is that the box may be too large....RE recommends 1.9 cubes ported for each.....thast why i'm trying to find a pair of 15's that are known to perform well with around 3 cubes each




Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Amp suggestions to replace MRv1507 for Brahma10?
    By powerslide in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-14-2009, 09:21 AM
  2. Suggestions for an HU under 300?
    By Gregory in forum Head Units
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-23-2005, 01:07 AM
  3. NEED sub suggestions
    By phsballin4life in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-23-2005, 03:53 PM
  4. Amp suggestions
    By justsayk in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-07-2004, 05:46 PM
  5. Speaker Suggestions....?
    By Pablo1756 in forum Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-04-2002, 11:57 PM

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum